Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Druid Staff Questions

I have been making my staffs using 3 Oak3 and 3 Spruce3 planks.  This is half SP/crit chance and half AP/crit chance.  I am thinking this is like a jack of all trades but master of none approach.  I am going to try an all damage approach.  It looks like I have 4 choices: AP/crit chance, AP/crit dmg, AP/pen or crit dmg/crit chance.  Or a I could make a some combination of all 4.

Thoughts?  Would I be better off concentrating on one combo or mixing and matching.  Which is stronger?  Crit chance, crit damage or armor pen?

I am leaning towards 3 planks of crit chance/crit dmg and 3 planks of AP/pen.

3 hours ago, Asim said:

I have been making my staffs using 3 Oak3 and 3 Spruce3 planks.  This is half SP/crit chance and half AP/crit chance.  I am thinking this is like a jack of all trades but master of none approach.  I am going to try an all damage approach.  It looks like I have 4 choices: AP/crit chance, AP/crit dmg, AP/pen or crit dmg/crit chance.  Or a I could make a some combination of all 4.

Thoughts?  Would I be better off concentrating on one combo or mixing and matching.  Which is stronger?  Crit chance, crit damage or armor pen?

I am leaning towards 3 planks of crit chance/crit dmg and 3 planks of AP/pen.

well, might be hard to get meaningful stats here if not fully trained and using high quality resources...[and then getting lucky rolls]

(and generally people focus on the damage roll of the weapon, then attack power)

you could also argue that the druid spark left click gives you an auto crit after every 4 hits, so crit bonus might be better than crit chance... but <shrug>

i would focus on attack power if it were me going for damage, then crit bonus.

[also the crit chance/bonus can also apply to your healing powers too...wisp, healing rain ticks and coalsese orbs can all heal crit etc]

but unsure what sort of numbers of crit bonus, chance or armor pen you will be seeing.

in contrast for every +10 attack power that equals +1 damage roll on your weapon, which can feel more of an impact!

Edited by Tinnis

With players running high crit defense, high crit chance feels like the least productive path. Although I haven't confirmed it myself, some players maintain that a target's crit defense also affects your chances of critically healing allies (and yourself) -- so builds reliant on high crit chance feel doubly nerfed. I would say attack power/penetration would be the way to go, but druids have such diverse damage that something would get left behind. So crit bonus seems the better secondary stat.

Thanks for the responses.  Just to clarify, both my druid and crafters are fully trained.  I will be using white resources and using the 50% rule on preliminary combines and accepting nothing less than a good success.

Any more opinions on armor penetration?  I would like to try this but if no one thinks/knows that it is better than crit bonus I will probably go AP/crit bonus.  

When your template includes guaranteed crits, crit chance is usually a wasted stat unless you scale it obnoxiously high. In crowfall's case I find it fnctionally impossible to scale crit chance high enough to remarkably increase dps compared to adding even a modest amount of crit damage on characters with guaranteed crits. It is however a very useful stat if you don't have frequent access to guaranteed crits.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"