Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

ACE Q&A for April - Official Discussion Thread

Great info in this Q&A. 

• Glad to hear the current Wrath map is a stepping stone until we get moon gates. Having separate themed maps/zones (highlands, forest, swamp, etc.) sounds really cool. 
  • I was under the impression that the crafting potions were placeholders for crafting disciplines much like the harvesting test potions were placeholders for the harvesting disciplines we have now. Are we still getting crafting disciplines and if so where do crafting disciplines factor into the stat equation for crafting?
  • The armor penetration "over capping" fix is a great example of how much ACE really does take into account player feedback. Suggesting changes on the forums only to see them implemented in short order into the game is great motivation for everyone who follows the game to continue testing and giving suggestions to help improve the game!  

16 minutes ago, Marth said:

Hello, I was watching the Q/A and was curious about your answer for the pre-made castles. I understand the upgrade feature on the central keep itself but I think the person was asking about the walls. Like the pack gives you keep/walls/gates ext. Would there be a way to make a pre-made castle for placement? I am not the most artistic person and I want the mountain citadel to look good. Thanks as always!

There was talk in some very early videos about allowing people to make a blueprint of an arrangement of walls that could then be copied. So it has at least been talked about before. I haven't seen it mentioned in a long time, though.

IhhQKY6.gif

51 minutes ago, Zolaz said:

They should make the /who command an item dependant option.  If I have some sort of ring or necklace I can see who is on.

That's pointless.

We either should have the slash command or not. Besides, the only people you really need to know that are on is who is on in your guild so you can go do stuff.

OS_Sig3.png

8 minutes ago, entityofsin said:

That's pointless.

We either should have the slash command or not. Besides, the only people you really need to know that are on is who is on in your guild so you can go do stuff.

About the only time a player should get a full list of who is on, is in your own EK's.

I could see items based on detecting people in controlled territory, or in a radius from your current location, or in a radius from a dropped object, or from other in game designed things. 

But a /anything command with in game utility is to me just cheese, and better represented as an actual avatar action.

31 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

About the only time a player should get a full list of who is on, is in your own EK's.

I could see items based on detecting people in controlled territory, or in a radius from your current location, or in a radius from a dropped object, or from other in game designed things. 

But a /anything command with in game utility is to me just cheese, and better represented as an actual avatar action.

We'll probably get a tracking system like Shadowbane had sooner or later. Maybe granted from a discipline (like it was in SB), maybe coming from training (note the not-yet-implemented tracking skills in CF's exploration tree).

Shadowbane's tracking was an active power with a cooldown, when used it gave you a list of player names - not guilds/factions though - within a certain radius of your location. You could choose a single person to get an arrow pointing in their direction, with no indication of distance.

I don't expect exactly the same system in Crowfall, but I'd be shocked if we don't get something analogous.

3 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Just gonna put this out there.

If you have space to swap in higher rank boars somewhere, you have space to swap in higher rank trees somewhere.

I might suggest replacing some of the Rank 1 resources that cover most of the map. The only parcels higher than rank 1 are the adventure zones. Everything else on the map is Rank 1. It really doesn't seem to be a space issue to me.

IhhQKY6.gif

11 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

A /whisper or /tell to have a private conversation is good, but otherwise I agree

I agree with Marth, that the first question was about the hundreds of wall parts that come with some bundles. I don't think the answer answered this.

However, who don't want to build a castle should be able to hire someone who is willing and able to do so. Of course we then would need a ability to move building parts without looting them ... or to trust those builders. ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

18 hours ago, Marth said:

Hello, I was watching the Q/A and was curious about your answer for the pre-made castles. I understand the upgrade feature on the central keep itself but I think the person was asking about the walls. Like the pack gives you keep/walls/gates ext. Would there be a way to make a pre-made castle for placement? I am not the most artistic person and I want the mountain citadel to look good. Thanks as always!

18 hours ago, Jah said:

There was talk in some very early videos about allowing people to make a blueprint of an arrangement of walls that could then be copied. So it has at least been talked about before. I haven't seen it mentioned in a long time, though.

1 hour ago, Kraahk said:

I agree with Marth, that the first question was about the hundreds of wall parts that come with some bundles. I don't think the answer answered this.

However, who don't want to build a castle should be able to hire someone who is willing and able to do so. Of course we then would need a ability to move building parts without looting them ... or to trust those builders. ;)

agree: the first question was not answered clearly or correctly [and old videos are more likely to refer to the previous system that was not modular...]

@mhalashace

"Instead of being granted a huge pile of building pieces to manually place around your 'castle throneroom' - will there be an option to place ALL the pieces of the kit down in a number of default configarations at once"

e.g. like say <PLONK>

Castle_Whole_Large.jpg

Castle_Whole_Small.jpg

Layout_Large_Keep_wGreatHall.jpg&f=1

or

https://clips.twitch.tv/ComfortablePerfectDinosaurMingLee

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

18 hours ago, entityofsin said:

That's pointless.

That is true for you.  Some people will be playing a PvP game and need to go out and crush people.  Especially the ones who feel the need to hide and avoid unwanted contact with others.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zolaz said:

That is true for you.  Some people will be playing a PvP game and need to go out and crush people.  Especially the ones who feel the need to hide and avoid unwanted contact with others.

This game doesn't need a /who command to feed you a list of names. This game doesn't need even the slightest form of hand holding. If you wanna know who's on a map, send a scout or roam in a group so you have safety in numbers. Getting fed free information in a pvp game that took no effort to acquire is terrible. It doesn't add to the gameplay at all.

OS_Sig3.png

1 hour ago, Zolaz said:

The /who command is as likely to be used to avoid PvP as it is to find it. Do you really want your prey to get early warning that you are coming just by watching /who?

IhhQKY6.gif