vkromas

5.5.1 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 4/4/18

The new crowfall patch client has a gray bar at that top that says, "Crowfall Launcher". If your client has that gray bar at the top you have the most up to date patch client. If you have an out of date client you can download both the LIVE and TEST patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.5 LIVE Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

Just now, sinarisinestro said:

Server is down? Got disconnected, and then "Login failed, generic HTTP error"

That is typical when they are part-way through moving to a new patch.

Just now, Jah said:

That is typical when they are part-way through moving to a new patch.

Oh my bad, must've missed the announcement for servers going down.

I also got kicked when the servers went down, but was able to get the patch installed 15 minutes later. Still cannot log in, however. Same error message as above.

Posted (edited)

This patch deleted all of the faces of my minotaur characters. Relogging  and switching characters does not fix it. However, newly created minos have their faces intact though. 

edit: I was mistaken.  Only face style 1 was not affected. Face style 2-6 have all been removed on mino.

ruwGVB7.png

Edited by AceSiN

Posted (edited)

Seeing Dust doobers and Ore disappear into the hill side 1505, 54,2916 the copper closest to the hill side

Edited by Anhrez

New player experience is still terrible.

Yes, I know the game is in testing.

Logging in and being ganked a starting area continues to keep me from choosing to devote any real time to testing.

It's great that you have new tutorial videos but they are not actually helping the new player that much. They missed the mark. 

You still need newbie isle. Or the equivalent. I'm sure there must be testing dummies somewhere. I havent seen them. 

Getting all these skills on a new character is overwhelming and hard to get a feel for. Especially as you have to send much time crafting even the most basic gear.

I'm sure many players will say i don't know what I'm talking about and that such and such is here or there. That's right, I'm new. I don't know anything. My experience every month or so when I check back is poor every time.

I have an expectation of some kind of combat log. If its there, I'm not finding it. This is an MMO staple. But the bigger note is that I'm not getting the feedback I need to understand how the game / skills actually work. 

Really like the 100M away resurrection.

I seem to be missing all boar hide from my spirit bank from the previous patch.

How is it even possible that the input binding system is still broken. I can now remap the E key but the D key is now reserved. A large number of players use ESDF instead of WASD for movement but it is still impossible to bind this setting. I simply can't play the game for more than a few minutes with WASD keys. I would use a separate program to remap the keys but then typing text will be messed up. Please fix bindings properly. Nothing should really be reserved except the escape key and perhaps the enter and alt key. Not sure why you would want to reserve the mouse buttons but that won't affect me.

In the patch notes you said "When changing factions, the hate list and friend list will reevaluate the entries to see if they are still enemies/friends.  If they change, they will be removed from the respective lists" Did this refer to guards or did you add a way to change factions that no one knows about?

Posted (edited)

Did you really change nearly 6 gigabytes of game data?  Or are you making us download the whole thing again because you're Americans and wasting resources is in your DNA?

Here goes another overnight download.  :-(   At least I don't have a data cap anymore.

EDIT:  Ok, it actually took just less than an hour.  Apparently the patcher lies a little and doesn't have to download everything, but it doesn't know that up front.

Edited by Brindylln
download completed

5 hours ago, Treyjan said:

Logging in and being ganked a starting area continues to keep me from choosing to devote any real time to testing.

It's great that you have new tutorial videos but they are not actually helping the new player that much. They missed the mark. 

You still need newbie isle. Or the equivalent. I'm sure there must be testing dummies somewhere. I havent seen them. 

Getting all these skills on a new character is overwhelming and hard to get a feel for. Especially as you have to send much time crafting even the most basic gear.

Try logging into the Wrath campaigns instead of Abattoir. They have what is called beach head, which is exactly the "newbie isle" you are asking for.

There are testing dummies in the beach heads too, look around a bit (follow the wall) and you'll find them, or ask in chat.

Battle log is coming.

Gate teleport works better now, but it's still not perfect. If you get too close to the gate, the "F" disappears:

IePcHHI.jpg

7 minutes ago, elowallo said:

Gate teleport works better now, but it's still not perfect. If you get too close to the gate, the "F" disappears:

IePcHHI.jpg

Interact with the sparkles in front of the gate and you'll get through.