vkromas

5.5.1 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 4/4/18

The ressurection range, when you want to retrieve your body has been reduced from 100m, to 1m.

9 hours ago, blazzen said:

It is still possible to horizontally double dip in combat (weapons and armor training) right now. 

This may be fixed when things go completely to the time bank in 5.6 since the bug uses the time bank on one track and active training on the other.

Just want to make absolutely sure that you're aware of this so it can be addressed. 

and see also the double dipping within a branch

e.g. mage + divine

e.g. sylvan + elf 

etc

Posted (edited)

Been in game just a few days, haven't done much game testing before, but here goes:

Download and install was goodness.  Picking a Race/Class and getting into game was easy.
I do prefer loading up my skill bank and then spending from there.  As an EVE player, I also often just train skills to LVL 4 to move through the tree, I like being able to do that.

Bugs?:

• Weak spot for skinning is above the head of my character (Guinny) 100% of the time.  I saw for your known bugs this was kinda the case for other activities, didn't explicitly see it for skinning or above the character's head
  • Discipline test recipes: "etherea dust" is displayed instead of "ethereal dust."  As a new guy I honestly thought Etherea was something that I had to make with Ethereal.
  • Got stuck between rocks: Wrath US East (4580.2, 5.4, 473.8)
  • Trees I can walk through, can't farm: Wrath US East (1886.3, 32.2, 2639.2)
  • Creating Mino (without a face) on Abattoir, first time loading map ever, crash while spawning for first time.  2nd attempt put me at the edge of a parcel and i couldn't move inland for an invisible wall, had to jump off/fall below map to die. Spawn after death worked OK.  It created a log, not sure where you want us to throw those.

QOL:

• Auto stack when rclicking from inventory into bank.
  • Would like autorun to persist thru most actions (map/chat)
  • Would like to filter EK's based on their online status (if there's any kinda filter aside from favorites I didn't see one)
  • Allow mouse wheel up/down key bindable to trays (instead of zoom in/out).  Or even for changing trays, I'd like to go mouse wheel up to go into combat tray, mouse wheel down for stealth tray.  In game key binds didn't seem to let me do this.
  • Allow shift+[key] as a key bind
Edited by Bad-Mr-Frosty

Posted (edited)

Having an issue trying to login to the game from the launcher.  The screen turns black and nothing happens, anyone else have this issue?

Edit:  Just started happening only with the recent patch.

Edited by antgroe2121

the audio bug that causes the quiet echo chamber is very bad with this patch.  happens frequently now for me.  Not found anything to restore normal audio aside from exiting the game completely and restarting.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, laberet said:

the audio bug that causes the quiet echo chamber is very bad with this patch.  happens frequently now for me.  Not found anything to restore normal audio aside from exiting the game completely and restarting.

That is happening because of a stealth char in your area...Not sure this bug has been reported yet

Edited by Nakawe

3 hours ago, Bad-Mr-Frosty said:

QOL:

• Auto stack when rclicking from inventory into bank.
  • Would like autorun to persist thru most actions (map/chat)
  • Would like to filter EK's based on their online status (if there's any kinda filter aside from favorites I didn't see one)
  • Allow mouse wheel up/down key bindable to trays (instead of zoom in/out).  Or even for changing trays, I'd like to go mouse wheel up to go into combat tray, mouse wheel down for stealth tray.  In game key binds didn't seem to let me do this.
  • Allow shift+[key] as a key bind

Quoted for emphasis.  These may be small things, but they will make testing less of a chore.

killed someone took their runemaking station, spirit banked it and cannot remove it now. i tried in campaign and in guildies EK. only in my EK was i able to export itbug.png

Enjoying the game and the new options for character creation and builds. That being said, the server lag really needs to be addressed. You can't really get a lot of people together to do things and then have the game slow to a crawl (MS in the tens of thousands before snapping back to normal).

Noticed the same thing with the skill lag as other people have. It was noticeable even with a low pop and just harvesting cats in a group. Two second lags on the healing AoEs in some cases. Cleric class heals and Naiad, if that matters.

So, it's fun, but, kind of hard to test things in some cases. I'm under the impression that some people are waiting for the lag to be fixed before taking another serious crack at testing.

Posted (edited)

US East has the known issue where the msg ping skyrockets to 3k+ when the population is above 40 and fights occur.

Just wanted to report that the EU server does not have this problem.

There is a hard to replicate bug that causes players unable to left click others. Do not know the cause but it is happening occasionally.

Edited by MJayed

Some trees in the Ek are instant reapearing after the hp goes down to zero, basically  you can cut on them forever

4 hours ago, MJayed said:

US East has the known issue where the msg ping skyrockets to 3k+ when the population is above 40 and fights occur.

Just wanted to report that the EU server does not have this problem.

There is a hard to replicate bug that causes players unable to left click others. Do not know the cause but it is happening occasionally.

Eu server did have the lag last night when there were 45 players on the server and there was fighting. The msg lag is getting silly now and been around since 5.4 i just dont think the Unity engine can handle something that has been added or that unity upgrade that happened broke something, 5.3 was pretty good and lag free with 75 ppl on the eu server, just cant see why they cant roll it back.

10 hours ago, Fefner said:

Eu server did have the lag last night when there were 45 players on the server and there was fighting. The msg lag is getting silly now and been around since 5.4 i just dont think the Unity engine can handle something that has been added or that unity upgrade that happened broke something, 5.3 was pretty good and lag free with 75 ppl on the eu server, just cant see why they cant roll it back.

EU has been fine for me for the past couple days. One time the server had 60 online with 3 full groups fighting without the lag reaching unplayable numbers. Now US East has never been playable with 40+ for me.

Posted (edited)

Removing "Plate Proficiency" rune while wearing plate (on a character that normally can't) allows the armor to continue being worn but if the player dies the armor can be looted. I suspect this is true of any rune that allows an item(s) to be equipped (perhaps intentionally).

Found this out the hard way after I unintentionally removed the rune...hopefully the person that won it can put it to good use.

Edited by YewFearsinger

Time Bank seems to be broken. Sometimes i train a skill and on the next day that specific skill is finished but i get no time bank bonus anymore for it.

Posted (edited)

Playing on east last night...Ping was ok in 40's, msg normally runs in 70's and FPS is 60-80.  I ran into the location in the pic and FPS tanked and MSG rose.  Last night we saw MSG as high as 6k with like 38 people on the server.

not even sure this helps but the massive fps drop and Msg spikes makes PvP an adventure. 

muH9DM.jpg

Edited by Nakawe

Ranged distance bonus doesn't work for any of scimitar/staff druid 

If the Rangers can hit from 85 m away I think it's safe to say that a druid should be able to hit from 50 

any feedback when TEST will be up? Its been down for quite a length of time with the servers set to some 'Maintenance' message.

I thought we were in a place where TEST was going to be but up for us to cobble around on? 

Posted (edited)

Bugs that have hit me in 5.5

Using a gate or any intractable that moves your character model either makes you invisible to some or your model doesn't show up where its supposed to be making pvp near forts with gates up heavily one sided due to people being invisible.

When flying back to my cairn to resurrect it was not visible to me nor gave me the option to rez though people who were alive saw it on the cobblestone rock where I was felled. Relogging did not solve this problem but completely restarting my Crowfall client did

Being instagibbed by fall damage is still a thing.

Many places cause you to become quite stuck in the new adventure zones like the eggcasing directly behind the spider queen up on the wall. You can enter it but you cannot leave unless you recall. Also there are spots near the wooden bridges in Ember Peaks and Valley of Thorns that cause you to get stuck under the wood planks. 

Assassins are still causing sound issues. When one stealth's near me  my sound becomes as if I was stealthed too....permanently. Not being able to hear footsteps or other audio cues really puts one at a disadvantage in the field.

Templar Parry will still prompt the E retaliate knockdown even after parry is dropped allowing the templar to spam knockdown and deal high damage.

Characters can still be healed after they go into the bleedout state thus causing them to not be able to be resurrected. If no healing is done to the character they may be rezzed.

Not sure if a bug or intended bur Myrmidons can use bersek while CCed

Feedback for 5.5

I-frames: A major balance issue I am seeing (and this is my opinion) is the prevalence of too many i-frames on certain classes and races. Classes that receive 2 "Q" powers when fully charged have a secondary 5 second window of invulnerability which is very strong in pvp. They also only need to charge their "Q" power half way in order to use it again allowing them to use at least 3 "Q" powers to ever 1 of other classes. This is especially apparent on Champions, Rangers, and Knights who are able to spend a good part of team-fights invincible to damage when being focused. I also think that granting i-frames outside of "Q" powers causes some balance issues as well. The Half-Giant racial Blood of Giants allows myrmidons to easily mitigate their crash with the simple press of a button. This coupled with their "Q" power allows for 24 seconds of uninterrupted berserking (which I will also address in my next point). This allows for a "barbarian" class to be leaps and bounds more tanky than a "chivalry" class. This brings me to the i-frame on champions ultimate warrior. Champions are now able to heal themselves for around 30-50% of their health with the click of a button that also grants them immunity for 2 seconds which means they cant be punished for taking a moment to heal themselves in the middle of combat. The cooldown for this power is incredibly short for what it does ( I will address this in my next point as well) and allows Champions to rotate through healing themselves with ultimate warrior and their double charge "Q" power. As far as melee goes the two barbarian classes are so tanky at the moment due to these i-frames that they are simply ignored during team-fights until the very end once all of their teammates have died where the entire group can attack them at once. 

TL:DR- Too many i-frames in the game currently that can be abused

Training: We have now been able to test what its like to have pretty maxed out training in combat, race, and class. The difference is huge when compared to a new character without training and for certain classes the idea that it takes 2-4 new players to take down a trained vet holds true so ACE hit the mark there in some cases. However the amount of cool-down reduction gained from completing certain trees overtunes certain classes a bit and allows them to far out-scale others. Without training a myrmidon will have a few seconds of time which they are vulnerable to attack before they can hit their berserk again. So even a great myrmidon player who knows his crash timer can be whittled down eventually. However with all of the cooldown reduction a myrmidon can now keep berserk up 100% of the time as the cooldown is now the duration of the skill. Coupled with the extra I-frames I mentioned above this makes a fully trained myrmidon nearly unkillable unless you have an entire group dedicated to killing them and know how to take one down. This cooldown reduction also makes skills like Ultimate Warrior have such a reduced cooldown that Champions have their i-frames and 30-50% heal ready whenever their health falls below 50%.  To me these are the most obvious ones that need some balancing but it affects other classes as well like Rangers Rapid-Fire being usable ever 10 seconds or Knights chain-pull being usable every time a wood-elf or nethari gain a single dodge pip.

TL:DR- Training is causing some abilities to be a bit overtuned due to cooldown reduction.

5.5 has been a really fun build to play on (especially since my guild can now use the vessels we craft) and these are just some of the glaring things I found and my opinion on them.

Edited by cremdalacrem