Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bjorlame

I need an answer!

Hello everyone! This is the first time i create a topic for crawfall, and it's all for this unique question:      why?

So,i've just started to play two days ago and i think this game has a lot of problems, not about his concept,his design,but because the entire experience i found in this game wasn't what i expected.because the trailer was actualy just too different with the game.I've heard about a realistic fighting system and a massive strategy game,with faction controlling city and territory and trying to won a gigantic war in a world where undeads get out of theirs graves and became a massive threat in winter. one of the creator say something like "the mixt between eve online and games of thrones".I can understand that is realy difficult to make a massive strategy when the game is in a beta or alpha phase,but where is the strategy? where is the interactive world ruled by the players made by the players,discovered by the players and for god sake where is the roleplay?If anyone has the answer and would tell me why the creators gave all this illusions to the players like me i'm interested in. Thank you for reading,and sorry for my grammar and spelling, I wasn't born in England.

Edited by Bjorlame

The answer to literally all of your questions is:

The game isn't finished yet. Come back later when it is if you aren't enjoying yourself in the current test.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

"Winter is COMING"

The eve reference will be the skill system and Player economy.

The game of thrones reference was no so much for dead raising to conquer the world but for the geo political fights among different guilds.  There will be lies and backstabbing love and lust.  Ok, maybe I am exaggerating a bit, but you get my drift.

Necromancy will be in game so you can make your own vessel via crafting by Frankensteining body parts together.

But as others have said, game is in hardcore development mode and stuff is getting added all the time, daily and weekly.

The developers are very open about their development.  Most people here have been playing and helping mold the game for a few years. 

Edited by Nakawe

You want answers? 

Son, we live in a world that has pixels, and those pixels have to be guarded by other pixels. Who's gonna do it? You? ACE has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the unfinished state of the game and you curse the developers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that extended alpha testing, while tedious, probably makes for a stable launch. And extended alpha testing, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, helps crush bugs. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at LAN parties, you want extended alpha testing. You need extended alpha testing. We use words like frame rate, code, latency. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending pixels.  You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the extended alpha testing that ACE provides, and then questions the manner in which they provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a mouse and login. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to! 

13 hours ago, cemya said:

You want answers? 

Son, we live in a world that has pixels, and those pixels have to be guarded by other pixels. Who's gonna do it? You? ACE has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the unfinished state of the game and you curse the developers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that extended alpha testing, while tedious, probably makes for a stable launch. And extended alpha testing, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, helps crush bugs. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at LAN parties, you want extended alpha testing. You need extended alpha testing. We use words like frame rate, code, latency. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending pixels.  You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the extended alpha testing that ACE provides, and then questions the manner in which they provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a mouse and login. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to! 

Goddamn, I was just thinking about a few good man when I was reading the title of the thread.

14 hours ago, cemya said:

You want answers? 

This is the best response to anything I have ever seen posted anywhere. You win the internet.

And now I need to go on a Jack Nicholson movie watching binge. 

On topic, just to restate if it weren't obvious already as PopeUrban and Nakawe mentioned, the trailer is a preview of things to come, a vision of the future, not the current state of what we can access in this Pre-Alpha. It would be kind of terrible game design to introduce every system at once. I feel like they make that pretty clear before you buy, this is one of the most transparent and active devs for a game like this that I have seen in a long while.

Edited by Telonos

5 hours ago, Devonic said:

It's been along time since I saw the movie, is the answer to everything 42?

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

my mom said we'd eat cake, but all i see is flower. I asked where is the cake and she said she had to make it. not knowing what that meant, I asked how do you make a cake and she told me of a process which i knew nothing about but i trusted that in the end cake would be there. So I wait constantly asking "is it done"..

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

15 hours ago, cemya said:

we live in a world that has pixels, 

i-love-pixel.png

22 hours ago, Bjorlame said:

Hello everyone! This is the first time i create a topic for crawfall, and it's all for this unique question:      why?

So,i've just started to play two days ago and i think this game has a lot of problems, not about his concept,his design,but because the entire experience i found in this game wasn't what i expected.because the trailer was actualy just too different with the game.I've heard about a realistic fighting system and a massive strategy game,with faction controlling city and territory and trying to won a gigantic war in a world where undeads get out of theirs graves and became a massive threat in winter. one of the creator say something like "the mixt between eve online and games of thrones".I can understand that is realy difficult to make a massive strategy when the game is in a beta or alpha phase,but where is the strategy? where is the interactive world ruled by the players made by the players,discovered by the players and for god sake where is the roleplay?If anyone has the answer and would tell me why the creators gave all this illusions to the players like me i'm interested in. Thank you for reading,and sorry for my grammar and spelling, I wasn't born in England.

First of all, welcome to the community. At least as far as possible. Because, let's be frank, you kind of screwed up your first impression. And of course people will (and did) react acordingly. ;)

But that's ok. You are new. Nobody can expect that you are as much familiar with the Crowfall development as those who followed it through the last years. On the other hand, nobody can expect the veterans to have endless patience for always the same questions and preconceptions. If both sides will be able to come together - we'll see. ;)

In the end, your feeback shows that there is a communication issue.

You obviously believed that you would buy a more or less finished game. That's not the case. Crowfall is currently in Pre-Alpha 5.5. Whith Pre-Alpha meaning that all test environments only include specific parts of the later game that have to be tested individually, before all the parts will be put together in Alpha (which should happen likely within the next three months). And the fine tuning coming later in Beta.

Your feedback also shows two other things. First, you are a person who gives feedback. Thats good. A lot of people don't. On the other hand, you are a consumer. You expect to get something.

Point is: the package you bought is a pre-order package. You bought the later game (release: late 2018/early 2019). In addition - as a bonus - you got access to the current test environments. This early access has not been charged, it's official price is $0, you got it for free. The early access is meant to give the interested community the opportunity to test specific things, to give there feedback - and by this helping to make the game better. You have to understand that, because that is what it is. 

Wether this is communicated well on the website where you can buy such a pre-order package or not / wether it is better communicated in this or that language, that's another question. And by the way the only one that really counts in this matter.

So my suggestion would be:

Don't feel disappointed about your experiences. Maintain your desire of sharing them. But leave the typical consumer mindset and join our tester mindset. For example: Make a feedback thread in the discussions/suggestions forunm, sharing your first-timer experience about how much it looked like you were buying a finished game (and why), or contact support@crowfall.com if you want to keep it private.

We are here to help the game becoming the best game possible. We can make a change, if we are willing and able. And you are part of "we". If you want to. ;)

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

(Btw.: If you want to, join the discord channel of the french speaking community. You can find the link in my signature. :) )

9 hours ago, Devonic said:

It's been along time since I saw the movie, is the answer to everything 42?

It is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. If you ever need to laugh or just get tired of taking work life so serious, read the books.