Sign in to follow this  
Devonic

best class for sneaking around?

Can anyone tell me the benefit of a Assassin, I am trying to decide if Duelist or Assassin would be the best class for sneaking around 

Guinne Duelists I think have better mobility while stealthed. Tunnel is pretty nice. Let's you move past walls and objects that would give you even more time to escape. Assassins don't have that. They feel a lot more offensive in their class kit.

Try both out and see which one you like the most. If you're looking for mobility I'd go for Duelist.

Ranger is going to be the best sneak around class (i'm speculating based on SB) as i'm sure one of the proficiency classes (or whatever they are calling them now) will be "Scout" which will inevitably give the ability to see stealth and move real fast.

The stealth on the ranger is severely limited and only applies when using a specific race. For this discussion only the assassin and the duelist should be considered as they can remain in stealth and not be seen in without the use of perception or skill. On the Wood Elf ranger, when you are moving around you are entirely visible and only become invisible when you stop moving. 

On 4/7/2018 at 2:00 PM, Devonic said:

Can anyone tell me the benefit of a Assassin, I am trying to decide if Duelist or Assassin would be the best class for sneaking around 

Fae Assassin if your looking for pure stealth speed they have a racial " Increase your Stealth Movement Speed by 70% " This puts you at the cap for move speed while in stealth.

Plus nothing is better than leaping from a mountain while in stealth and gliding down into a fort. Perfect scout for enemies .

Fae staelth speed 1.5 as well as gliding and double jump.

all other classes 1.0

Duelist has a burrow/dash forward making them the fastest

Assassin gets as a class nothing.

On 5/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, Vonsnazzy said:

Ranger is going to be the best sneak around class (i'm speculating based on SB) as i'm sure one of the proficiency classes (or whatever they are calling them now) will be "Scout" which will inevitably give the ability to see stealth and move real fast.

None of that is in CF.  I think you need to go read some boards and log in to look at abilities, discs, races. 

https://malekai.org/

^ is an excellent site to see in game data for discs, classes and races

Duelist = better in stealth mobility

Assassin = better out of stealth mobility

Both are lots of fun, for just sneaking around fast though id go with what other people suggested. Fae assassin or duelist

I don't know what classes will be available to what races at launch, but at the moment if you want to sneak and fly - even do both at the same time - then you roll a Fae Assassin.  Beside the flying into forts over walls its also nice when you want to get to a stone or ore node down in the mining pit areas, but don't want to fight or sneak past every single mob between you and the node.  Just fly down in stealth and mine away.  Often enough you can then use the double jump to get back out of the pit in stealth without getting into a noisy fight that might attract groups of gankers.  For me, add master of bows so you can pull mobs to you to be killed one at a time for farming purposes (or to liberate a node from a group of mobs that I can't take out very well in a group). From my perspective its the best sneak around solo-gatherer option in the game at the moment.  It certainly gives a lesser geared gathering characters a chance to do something when their guild PvP muscle isn't available to protect them on a guild gathering run.