Sign in to follow this  
Devonic

best class for sneaking around?

Can anyone tell me the benefit of a Assassin, I am trying to decide if Duelist or Assassin would be the best class for sneaking around 

Guinne Duelists I think have better mobility while stealthed. Tunnel is pretty nice. Let's you move past walls and objects that would give you even more time to escape. Assassins don't have that. They feel a lot more offensive in their class kit.

Try both out and see which one you like the most. If you're looking for mobility I'd go for Duelist.

Ranger is going to be the best sneak around class (i'm speculating based on SB) as i'm sure one of the proficiency classes (or whatever they are calling them now) will be "Scout" which will inevitably give the ability to see stealth and move real fast.

The stealth on the ranger is severely limited and only applies when using a specific race. For this discussion only the assassin and the duelist should be considered as they can remain in stealth and not be seen in without the use of perception or skill. On the Wood Elf ranger, when you are moving around you are entirely visible and only become invisible when you stop moving.