Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre-Alpha 5 Live! - Official Discussion Thread

This was the best one of these yet.  Having Todd there to go in depth on the good stuff and skip the inconsequential stuff was great.

5.6 sounds like another good incremental step forward.  The season of plenty will really help people who are turned off by the current starting grind.

Here are the steps I'd like to see progress on:

• Guilds.  Get guild heraldry in game for identification purposes.  
  • Win conditions.  Give us a reason to show up and fight.  You want numbers?  This is how you get it
  • Dregs / Shadows CWs - do the above two and this, and you'll have a seriously healthy testing base as the guilds come out to play.
  • Performance with more people on the server.  The big caveat to the above 3 points... you need to be able to support 1000 people on the map, and 100 on-screen.

This was a great stream. Liked it a lot.

Here are two more little questions as a supplement to the stream.

• When skill training gets reset in 5.6 (they do, right? didnt hear it myself, but others said so), will it again be accelerated ... or in true speed?
  • After you had time to check with those who own the document right now, up to which parcel size (s/m/l keep, s/m/l castle, citadel, palace) will we be able to fully test (=able to place all the associated walls of this stronghold + centerpiece + houses and stuff)? 

Thanks again for the stream. It's good to see Todd back in the streams. It adds a lot to the overall feeling.

Love when Todd does these, even better than when Susi does for the 'tell it like it is' factor. :)

I liked what Todd had to say about 'the push to win', but right now, there is no push to win whatsoever, as there is no real win condition. The current Tug of War win condition mechanic is simply incomplete and inconsequential, even by Pre-Alpha Test standards. I recall @jtoddcoleman saying in a live stream many weeks ago that they have a 2nd mechanic 'done', the King of the Hill mechanic I believe it was. In the stream, someone from ACE said that they weren't quite ready to add a new mechanic because of something something I didn't quire understand.

Could we get a bit more detail on what is happening in this area, on when we might expect a new mechanic and if that is far off into the future, if we can possibly get minor tweaks to the existing mechanic so that Campaigns mean a bit more and attract more testers?

In terms of what that tweak might be, even something as basic as a counter for each faction that goes up when you take a holding and goes down when you lose one would do. The game already tracks that and issues the messages to the server in the /me channel, I am probably entirely wrong but I can't imagine it would be that hard to tie those outputs to changing a simple count on the screen somewhere. It's very likely 10 times harder than I think it is, but it could be the case that this value is still 10 times less hard than it would need to be to be too hard to do. ;)

I think people missed this tid bit because I heard no discussion about it and it's a pretty big change. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/LightSpoopyOxThisIsSparta?tt_medium=creation

Primary VIP skill trains at one point per 10 seconds and Secondary VIP skill trains at one point per 20 seconds. 

In other words your secondary VIP skill trains at half speed. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

@thomasblair @jtoddcoleman

In the stream you mentioned that there would be two categories of swords available to Knights (and other tanks) called "Longswords" and "Bastard Swords". What is the functional difference between these two weapon types? If the current Longswords are turning into Bastard Swords, will there be new art of the Longsword category? Will Bastard Swords behave differently than longswords in any way?

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

So Jon wears chain & helm in his last stream, and BlairE ups his game with a interesting and informative PA-live-5. I hope Jon wears a full suit of armor next time.

Good job guys and thanks for the fireside chat, looking forward to 5.6

52 minutes ago, MJayed said:

Huge nerf to VIP having the second skill train at half speed and upping the non-vip bank to 72 hours.

How do you know they didn't just double the speed of the primary?

And since we don't really know how the new speeds relate to the current speed, I think we need more info before we jump to any conclusions.

Edited by Arkade

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

I think people missed this tid bit because I heard no discussion about it and it's a pretty big change. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/LightSpoopyOxThisIsSparta?tt_medium=creation

Primary VIP skill trains at one point per 10 seconds and Secondary VIP skill trains at one point per 20 seconds. 

In other words your secondary VIP skill trains at half speed. 

so let me get this straight.  If someone has VIP, they can train a second skill at half rate per tab?  BUT, someone who does not can only train 1 skill (3 total in separate tabs)?

This means instead of 2 years  to get max training (prior to 5.6) it will take 3 with vip and 4 without? (arbitrary numbers)

10 minutes ago, Arkade said:

How do you know they didn't just double the speed of the primary?

And since we don't really know how the new speeds relate to the current speed, I think we need more info before we jump to any conclusions.

Well I am assuming that the fast skill will train at the speed as the one skill for non-vip. VIP is $15/month while a non-VIP account is $50. After four months of playtime buying two accounts of non-VIP is cheaper and results in more overall time accumulated. The 72 hour window is not to difficult to keep up with if you can trust some people with your account information.

Edited by MJayed

Just now, MJayed said:

Well I am assuming that the fast skill will train at the speed as the one skill for non-vip. VIP is $15/month while a non-VIP account is $50. After four months of playtime buying two accounts of non-VIP is cheaper and results in more overall time accumulated.

ya, does not seem like a bargain at all does it....I got 16 years VIP who wants to buy it.... "feeling shafted"

A potential benefit is that people may be more inclined to sell their time with VIP to other players who join late. VIP users will still get the value of that time if they choose to sell it or use the half skilled trees.

Edited by MJayed

17 minutes ago, MJayed said:

A potential benefit is that people may be more inclined to sell their time with VIP to other players who join late. VIP users will still get the value of that time if they choose to sell it or use the half skilled trees.

Why not buy a second account and tomb time?  Second account is 50 bucks, Vip is 15 bucks a month.at 4 months+ you way ahead of the game.  Vip is a joke...

29 minutes ago, Nakawe said:

ya, does not seem like a bargain at all does it....I got 16 years VIP who wants to buy it.... "feeling shafted"

4 minutes ago, Nakawe said:

Why not buy a second account and tomb time?  Second account is 50 bucks, Vip is 15 bucks a month.at 4 months+ you way ahead of the game.  Vip is a joke...

If you dont like them, I am willing to help you and take them. You can have another of those nasty and boring strongholds for them if you want to. :D

5 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

If you dont like them, I am willing to help you and take them. You can have another of those nasty and boring strongholds for them if you want to. :D

Sell ya them for 14.99 each....cheaper then they sell em for...  Better yet trade ya 3 months vip for an account :P