Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breaker_Asylum

Hello, I want your opinions on the current game.

Hello, I am the breaker Asylum. I was very much pondering this game. So I started looking on the forums. It seems a bit confusing. Is it playable in alpha. Do we have worlds to explore/exploit. I want your opinion on what the game is to you, and what is feels like when you play. I want to know if buying this will be a good investment. I understand and know there is work to be done here. But I like what I have seen. As I said, your opinions are needed to help sway me towards or against this game. 

As fortold, The Breaker_Asylum

Yes, it is playable. Currently it is in pre-alpha, which means major parts of the game are still being added and tested. It is not a complete game. That said, there is a live server that is open 24x7 that is available to anyone with up to Beta 3 access. If you buy one of the starter packs in the store you can play.

It is difficult to learn, as tutorials and the new-player experience haven't been a priority yet. Your best bet is to watch videos and streams made by players, and to ask questions here on the forums and in game. Solo play is especially difficult, so it is a good idea to work on finding people to play with. By design players are dependent on each other to get the things they want. You generally can't harvest and craft everything you'll want by yourself.

I enjoy the game, and enjoy having front-row seats to watching it get made. Some people would prefer to wait until it is more of a complete game, though.

IhhQKY6.gif

36 minutes ago, Breaker_Asylum said:

Hello, I am the breaker Asylum. I was very much pondering this game. So I started looking on the forums. It seems a bit confusing. Is it playable in alpha. Do we have worlds to explore/exploit. I want your opinion on what the game is to you, and what is feels like when you play. I want to know if buying this will be a good investment. I understand and know there is work to be done here. But I like what I have seen. As I said, your opinions are needed to help sway me towards or against this game. 

As fortold, The Breaker_Asylum

Welcome to the forums.

As with most things in live ... it depends. Mostly on your own preferences. The game is developing for about three years now. So it's kind of late. Later than promised. On the other hand it developed very well (in my eyes), made a lot of progression and any delays are mostly related to (sometimes very significantly) changes due to the feedback of the community. Indeed, through all my many years i haven't met any company at all, that was listening so carefully to their audience as ACE did for Crowfall up to now. I have no doubt that ACE will deliver a game that will be worth it. For a lot of very different player types.

Crowfall has a very specific concept. Mostly it is about conflict. What is special in my personal point of view is that the game offers more conflict than just the conflict between simple battle parties. They are of course a part and an important one. But alone the conflict between those players who like to fight and those who prefer to develop other ways (kingdom management, trading, crafting, harvesting) might lead to very interesting dynamics. 

We haven't seen a lot of this up to now (except of the usual hardcore vs. fluffybunny discussions), but it will both grow and become more relative once the whole game loop takes place. Which is already beginning now and will get even more fire with the soon to come 5.6 and 5.7. Once those last things find their way into testing and caravans and guilds came up, i am pretty sure that this game will become much more interesting for a larger audience.

And i still think that the point that CF will provide the largest housing system ever seen in games, is still tremendously underestimated. It will we huge, it will be great, and still it will be only one small part of the overall game. I am curious about the result. But, though I myself don't have any doubt at all, in my opinion those who are not curious yet - they shouldnt join before there is more proof for them that will make them comfortable with the way Crowfall is going.