Pann

Murder of Crows AMA

17 hours ago, entityofsin said:

@jtoddcoleman

What is your favorite place in Texas to get BBQ. Had to ask, cause I just made some really delicious BBQ beef and love BBQ food. Plus I want to move to Texas later in life cause I have a friend that lives down there. Thanks. :D

@Tyrant is really the better person to ask, tbh.  I like bbq but I'm not a true believer like Gordon.

My favorites are: county line for the beef ribs, slab bbq for sandwiches, and freeman's downtown for the brisket & whisky combo.

Todd

12 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

@Tyrant is really the better person to ask, tbh.  I like bbq but I'm not a true believer like Gordon.

My favorites are: county line for the beef ribs, slab bbq for sandwiches, and freeman's downtown for the brisket & whisky combo.

Todd

that was some good food

no one reads the intent of the thread, which was to question the non dev community! hah

open question: who thinks they are the oldest here? :P

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

no one reads the intent of the thread, which was to question the non dev community! hah

open question: who thinks they are the oldest here? :P

47+  Probably not the oldest, but possibly in the running.  

The real question is, who here's first MMO experience was a MUD?  (Raises hand)

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

47+  Probably not the oldest, but possibly in the running.  

not me, was incompetent teen on classic DAOC..

muds look cool for time tho

Edited by Tinnis

22 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I do consider my time playing Galactic Empire on MajorBBS as a real precursor to the MMOs I would player later.

12 minutes ago, Pann said:

@Scree : What did you make on your last exam?

@Anhrez : What's the coolest thing you've made with your 3D printer? 

@Jah: Beatles or Rolling Stones?

@Tinnis: What other hobbies do you have apart from gaming?

@KrakkenSmacken : What was your first MMO?

way too much fiction via podcasts and ebooks. short stories especially! nom nom nom

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Pann said:

@KrakkenSmacken : What was your first MMO?

Welp, it's a tie between three, because they were all on the same dial in BBS I used to call into when they were the first in the city with 8, 2400 baud lines.  (Nucleus Calgary, still in business as a ISP, and split off from the sentry box game store).

• Trade wars. Not the fancy Trade Wars 2002 with over 1000 sectors, but the first one with only 100.
  • Galactic empire: A space "shooter" with a very interesting text based attempt at real time aim/fire/scan mechanics. You had to scan a ship, read it's positions to you in 360 Deg, and then shoot it "fire 176 power" before the next 'tick' moved it (4 seconds if I recall correctly).  I sorta cheated a bit by building a screen scraper macro in a terminate and stay in memory resident program, and then finally a full GUI interface in quick basic for that one. After that I never missed. :)
  • Mutants:  An 100 level 1000*1000 dungeon thing you could tunnel in,  set up shops,  build walls to change the maze, and roam around killing monsters, players, and upgrading spells/gear and levels etc.  Had an interesting mechanic where you converted all your trash gear into "ions" that was essentially your mana pool, which you lost when you died, and the in game currency, which stores/store houses ate to keep in operation and power shields to protect them.

Ahh memory lane.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anhrez said:

47? bah .... hold my beer

i just turned 30 this week, i can haz baby mid life crisis yet?

p..s. @Pann here is my podcast fiction list copy pasted from reddit (oh i waste too much time on reddit)

oh and i play D&D too and listen to criitcal role. strangely i am not a druid tho, someone else stole that class in group first.

and many many boardgames!

list:

here is fiction short story dump list...

• Apex Magazine Podcast

• Beneath Ceaseless Skies

• Cast of Wonders

• Clarkesworld Magazine

• The Drabblecast

• The Dunesteef

• Escape Pod

• Far Fetched Fables

• Fictional

• Lightspeed Magazine

• Makeshift Stories

• The NoSleep Podcast

• PodCastle

• Pseudopod

• Selected Shorts

• StarShipSofa

• Tales To Terrify

• Toasted Cake

• The White Vault*

*["Episodic"]

excluding the 'the white vault' they are generally all stand alone short stories ["Anthology"] rather than story arcs ["Episodic"] generally a mix of horror, fantasy and sci-fi - with the exclusion of "selected shorts" which is generally more rooted in reality

Edited by Tinnis

@Pann are we allowed to tag all ?What are the tags for Akshey, thommy(Bentley) and Susi? Otherwise would also nice if u just can collect some answers from the bussy programmers.

Would love to hear how the new guys are feeling after some month of working. But having heard anything on the forum from them, so I don't know there forum names.

Who is sitting next to whom?in the office?

Who is coming to Gamescom this year?

Also what are you playing at the moment? Specially @thomasblair and Mark don't even know the name of mark halash xD

I kinda miss max and the buggy streams xD

Really liking the bobiverse audio books these days "We are Legion, (We are Bob)", that and the "In Times like these" series.

18 minutes ago, Pann said:

@Jah: Beatles or Rolling Stones?

Wow, I want to give a glib answer like "Sex Pistols" but you've got me really thinking about that. I'd say in theory Beatles; in practice Rolling Stones.

@Kraahk   How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

12 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

oh and i play D&D too and listen to criitcal role. strangely i am not a druid tho, someone else stole that class in group first.

Okay but the important question here is what are your thoughts on The Adventure Zone??