Pann

Murder of Crows AMA

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Galactic empire: A space "shooter" with a very interesting text based attempt at real time aim/fire/scan mechanics. You had to scan a ship, read it's positions to you in 360 Deg, and then shoot it "fire 176 power" before the next 'tick' moved it (4 seconds if I recall correctly).  I sorta cheated a bit by building a screen scraper macro in a terminate and stay in memory resident program, and then finally a full GUI interface in quick basic for that one. After that I never missed. :)

Such a good game. Pretty hardcore as well. Killing someone's Battle Cruiser or Dreadnought, or taking away their fully developed Very Good / Very Good planet was a major blow. That game had a lot in common with the hardcore pvp MMOs that would come out later. The BBS I played it on had 50+ lines so it felt pretty "massive" at the time.

Edited by Jah

4 minutes ago, Jah said:

@Kraahk   How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

I don't think this AMA is meant to ask ME questions. That would be an AME (see the difference?). But, since you asked, the answer - of course - is three.

(Btw thanks for the Tootsie Pop. I appreciated it a lot.)

18 minutes ago, Jah said:

Such a good game. Pretty hardcore as well. Killing someone's Battle Cruiser or Dreadnought, or taking away their fully developed Very Good / Very Good planet was a major blow. That game had a lot in common with the hardcore pvp MMOs that would come out later. The BBS I played it on had 50+ lines so it felt pretty "massive" at the time.

Wow.  I never thought I would run into anyone who remembered that game.  Trade Wars, sure, but this one,  I thought I was the last.

PpcnesL.jpg

1 hour ago, Pann said:

@Scree : What did you make on your last exam?

@Anhrez : What's the coolest thing you've made with your 3D printer? 

@Jah: Beatles or Rolling Stones?

@Tinnis: What other hobbies do you have apart from gaming?

@KrakkenSmacken : What was your first MMO?

I proto-typed it first then called in a favor to a friend that works at a professional 3D lab

Esper weapon from Wildstar - Psyblade ... modeling it was fun but a chore

nGDh4dm.jpg

1 hour ago, DravoiX said:

@Pann are we allowed to tag all ?What are the tags for Akshey, thommy(Bentley) and Susi? Otherwise would also nice if u just can collect some answers from the bussy programmers.

Not everyone on the team has a forum account; many who do don't have tagging toggled on. I'm happy to relay questions from time to time, though. 

1 hour ago, ACE_Jackal said:

Okay but the important question here is what are your thoughts on The Adventure Zone??

not tried it!

6 hours ago, Tinnis said:

no one reads the intent of the thread, which was to question the non dev community! hah

open question: who thinks they are the oldest here? :P

The devs are fellow Crows. And if we all see them in game we will murder them repeatedly too. :D

10 hours ago, Tinnis said:

no one reads the intent of the thread, which was to question the non dev community! hah

open question: who thinks they are the oldest here? :P

Right.. Non dev, my bad!

Also I think we have a contender for that question, in our guild 😁.

Hmm let me see, @Destrin butter tarts or nanaimo bars?

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

Who has the most monitors on their desk? :P

@Tark show us your puppet master battlestation!

my battle station is not ready to be seen yet. I still need to build a new PC and buy a few more TV's. I have 5 monitors on my desk and a 75 inch tv to my right.

I'll show you the cloud gaming server I've been working on. It runs on vSphere and I have 4 VM's dedicated to crowfall. There is still a lot of work to do on it before I'm done. 

22 Core Xeon
96 gigs of DDR4
2x 1080 TI
2x 1070 TI

fwaP4a6.jpg

28 minutes ago, Tark said:

my battle station is not ready to be seen yet. I still need to build a new PC and buy a few more TV's. I have 5 monitors on my desk and a 75 inch tv to my right.

I'll show you the cloud gaming server I've been working on. It runs on vSphere and I have 4 VM's dedicated to crowfall. There is still a lot of work to do on it before I'm done. 

22 Core Xeon
96 gigs of DDR4
2x 1080 TI
2x 1070 TI

fwaP4a6.jpg

"with great capacity comes....great power bills" :P

40 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

"with great capacity comes....great power bills" :P

Just locked in a rate for a whole year. Jokes on them.

1 hour ago, Tark said:

22 Core Xeon
96 gigs of DDR4
2x 1080 TI
2x 1070 TI

fwaP4a6.jpg

So does that thing mine on your down/sleep time?

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

So does that thing mine on your down/sleep time?

Yes it mines 24/7 currently. I'm mining a coin called ravencoin. Here is a link to my public key showing what I'm mining and what I make. Its not super impressive but I can put $400 to $600 in my pocket every month if I choose to cash it out immediately. I'm currently holding and hopefully it will appreciate in value. I'd like to get into crypto mining more but I'm pretty cautious and don't want to over extend my finances on a huge risk. I'm in a holding pattern now until new cards released.

https://pickaxe.pro/?address=RKk1ctVjpqa4nRZtYC3o5NHXLQz3P9poWB

6 hours ago, Tark said:

22 Core Xeon
96 gigs of DDR4
2x 1080 TI
2x 1070 TI

fwaP4a6.jpg

You have more computing capacity than Space X and Nasa combined. I want 5 monitors and a 75 inch tv screen! 

@Tinnis Tell me more about these creepy podcasts. I really like reading Creepypasta but haven't gotten into any podcasts just yet.

@Anhrez How do you have so much time to game, work, and craft IRL?! Can you share your time management secrets?

Everyone else: What was the last thing you binged on? TV Show, game, movies? I'm kind of addicted to Breath of the Wild right now and that's all I can think about.