Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Murder of Crows AMA

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, Tinnis said:

no one reads the intent of the thread, which was to question the non dev community! hah

open question: who thinks they are the oldest here? :P

I am a unicorn at 55...   though out and about, I get pegged as 40 something which is quite amazing, maybe it is the fresh mountain air of living in Neverland.

First RPG -  Wizardry on 5 1/4 floppy Apple IIe In Color!    78' or so
First real MultiPlayer PvP  - Myth II soulblighter with WWII Mods...   8 v 8 arena battles in 98'  that would still hold up to most players standards today...   los, physics, action combat in that you could juke and jive and cause misses, rolling grenades...

Who else played these relics?

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

36 minutes ago, Gaiawyn said:

I don't think I'm the oldest, but figure I'm up at the top of the list @ 51 +female makes me extraordinary! :)

Actually in the realm of MMOs you're statistically not that extraordinary. MMOs specifically trend toward much higher numbers of female players (in the 40%+ range for most MMOs) and in general trend more heavily toward older users. You may be surprised how many of the people around you share your demographic in many of the games you played and you simply assumed they were young men :)

And this is data from a study that's probably about ten years old now (or however long ago it was I had to write a paper on it), so you're probably in even more demographic company now than even those numbers suggested.

Edit: See, look, Frykka right there!

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

14 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Actually in the realm of MMOs you're statistically not that extraordinary. MMOs specifically trend toward much higher numbers of female players (in the 40%+ range for most MMOs) and in general trend more heavily toward older users. You may be surprised how many of the people around you share your demographic in many of the games you played and you simply assumed they were young men :)

And this is data from a study that's probably about ten years old now (or however long ago it was I had to write a paper on it), so you're probably in even more demographic company now than even those numbers suggested.

Edit: See, look, Frykka right there!

The MMOs that draw the female demographic are those where the avatars are highly customizable and well, "sexy". Don't see much of that in Crowfall. I have only met one other female player here. Not sure where you're getting your information, but females have always been the more rare demographic, especially in PvP oriented games.

Frykka is a male. 

Edited by Gaiawyn

Just now, Gaiawyn said:

The MMOs that draw the female demographic are those where the avatars are highly customizable and well, "sexy". Don't see much of that in Crowfall. I have only met one other female player here. Not sure where you're getting your information, but females have always been the more rare demographic, especially in PvP oriented games.

In my experience in SWG, GW1, Shadowbane, GW2, and EVE, the membership of my own guild and guilds I have been a part of in said games, and any quick google search. Hey here's a few quick links:

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/adult-women-largest-gaming-demographic/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232383/gender-split-of-us-computer-and-video-gamers/

There are exactly four women among players in my guild playing crowfall right now, with another five waiting for soft launch (of a total 20) and this is similar to my past experiences in MMOs. Like I said, you may be less alone than you think :)

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 4/21/2018 at 6:38 PM, ThaddisSabbah said:

@Pann Who is your favorite author, and what's your favorite work of theirs?

It's a tie between two Johns, John Steinbeck and John Irving. who wrote my favorite books East of Eden and The World According to Garp

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

On 4/22/2018 at 4:53 PM, Gaiawyn said:

I don't think I'm the oldest, but figure I'm up at the top of the list @ 51 +female makes me extraordinary! :)

52 here.....doubt I am the oldest but my son "Thorns" Started playing @ 11 and as far as I know the youngest

5 hours ago, Mayhem_ said:

52 here.....doubt I am the oldest but my son "Thorns" Started playing @ 11 and as far as I know the youngest

is he playing activly? but yeah can't beat that xD

On 4/21/2018 at 6:38 PM, ThaddisSabbah said:

Last thing I binged on... well... I've been playing the Witcher 3 for a while now. That's all I can think of.

If you were abducted and were greeted by aliens that told you you're the first human they've met, what would you say to them? Humanity is counting on you.

I need to get into the Witcher series; I've just got a ridiculous backlog of games I want to get through and it's been difficult trying to prioritize that list when new hotness comes out!

If I were abducted and greeted by aliens I would probably just say "Turn around, don't drown!" or ask them to take me along instead. Staying on Earth, or space travel with rando aliens, hmmmm tough decisions.

11 hours ago, Pann said:

valkro, killer of threads...

Question for the Crows: Which CF community member would you most like to meet and why?

Gordan for sure . His time in the industry that i have grown up in makes him a god among men. He has been creating my hobby for nearly his entire life.

I would like to meet @Tinnis everytime when  we talked or he is writing something. I imagine him as a 18 years old nerd looking like Sheldon from big bang.( I know that he is older)

#nohate

rUQlYHs.png

5 hours ago, dolmar said:

Gordan for sure . His time in the industry that i have grown up in makes him a god among men. He has been creating my hobby for nearly his entire life.

14 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

JTC... because... Shadowbane (and the parallels here of course)

Are there any CF community members you'd like to meet? 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

18 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i'd like to verfiy if @Tark is in fact a bunch of small children standing on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat

I can assure you I am 6'4 of delicious fatty marbled meat. (1.930400000000000000000 metres for you Euros)

I would like to meet @srathor . He seems like an interesting character.

1 hour ago, Tark said:

I can assure you I am 6'4 of delicious fatty marbled meat. (1.930400000000000000000 metres for you Euros)

I would like to meet @srathor . He seems like an interesting character.

I'd actually like to meet Tark, if I could find the "Real" Tark from among on the clones.

SVoXVC8.jpg