Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Murder of Crows AMA

2 hours ago, Tark said:

Who is that? 

He was a legend (largely self proclaimed), elite pro-gamer and authority on all things Crowfall. ... if you had ever sat at "The Table of Champions", you wouldn't be asking me this question...

2 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

He was a legend (largely self proclaimed), elite pro-gamer and authority on all things Crowfall. ... if you had ever sat at "The Table of Champions", you wouldn't be asking me this question...

And faded into legend he seems to have, like a rider with no name.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

13 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

Oh i see where the mix up is. I sit at the Throne of Champions. Its further down the room, up against the wall and it sits a bit higher than the table. I probably can't see him from all the way over here.

I'd really like to meet all of you. Such varied backgrounds and interests would make for some fun conversation, good stories, and lots of hijinks. Maybe we can make that happen with a Crowcon or something. 

My offering to this thread goes back around to a few pages ago when we were talking about creepy pasta and podcasts. I give to you my favorite YouTube channel on the subject of creepy. I just really like the cadence and tone of the narrator and I hope you do too! https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTop5ss

Anyway, back to the AMA. Crows, what's the farthest you've ever traveled and was it for work, leisure, or both? Are there any places in the world you think everyone needs to see at least once? Is Disney World really the happiest place on Earth? 

Do you collect anything? I have a ridiculous belt buckle, amiibo, various types of yarn (for knitting!) and Pokemon enamel pin collection. 

(Here's hoping I don't threadkill again!)

4 minutes ago, vkromas said:

Anyway, back to the AMA. Crows, what's the farthest you've ever traveled and was it for work, leisure, or both?

i went to iceland and ate whale. take note dev+ whale forum members! :P. i declined the fermented shark tho...

then in other direction been all the way to bottom of South Africa too!

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

1 hour ago, vkromas said:

Are there any places in the world you think everyone needs to see at least once?

The big island in Hawaii is pretty amazing. 8 different climate zones on the same island. Went from Sea level to over 13,000 ft elevation in about an hour. Clearest skies in the world for star gazing. Did a 2,000 ft zip line run over 3 waterfalls. I could go on. Amazing place. Hopefully the recent eurptions cease soon.

Edited by blazzen

2 hours ago, vkromas said:

I'd really like to meet all of you. Such varied backgrounds and interests would make for some fun conversation, good stories, and lots of hijinks. Maybe we can make that happen with a Crowcon or something. 

My offering to this thread goes back around to a few pages ago when we were talking about creepy pasta and podcasts. I give to you my favorite YouTube channel on the subject of creepy. I just really like the cadence and tone of the narrator and I hope you do too! https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTop5ss

Anyway, back to the AMA. Crows, what's the farthest you've ever traveled and was it for work, leisure, or both? Are there any places in the world you think everyone needs to see at least once? Is Disney World really the happiest place on Earth? 

Do you collect anything? I have a ridiculous belt buckle, amiibo, various types of yarn (for knitting!) and Pokemon enamel pin collection. 

I collected star wars funko pops for a while until they flooded the market with every single variation you could think of. I also collect retro console games

Furthest I ever traveled was from Stranglethorn Vale to the Western Plaguelands.  :P 

2 hours ago, blazzen said:

The big island in Hawaii is pretty amazing. 8 different climate zones on the same island. Went from Sea level to over 13,000 ft elevation in about an hour. Clearest skies in the world for star gazing. Did a 2,000 ft zip line run over 3 waterfalls. I could go on. Amazing place. Hopefully the recent eurptions cease soon.

Just watch out for the volcanoes and earthquakes. 

3 hours ago, vkromas said:

Farthest for work, Sao Paulo Brazil.  10,561 KM great circle distance.  

Everyone should climb to the top of St.Paul's Cathedral in London, and watch a Sunrise/Sunset from above the clouds in an airplane.

D World, decidedly not the happiest place on Earth.  

16 hours ago, vkromas said:

Crows, what's the farthest you've ever traveled and was it for work, leisure, or both? 

Are there any places in the world you think everyone needs to see at least once? 

Is Disney World really the happiest place on Earth? 

Do you collect anything? 

16500 km, neither work nor leisure, but passion.

The own true inner self.

If you don't look at the sad faces behind the smiles, maybe.

Experiences. The collection keeps on growing and I can't get rid of a single one. It's a mess.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

13 hours ago, vkromas said:

My leisure Travel is mainly cruises. It's easy living in Florida. I prefer Western Carribean, so Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cozumel, the usual fare. Bahamas I don't care for as much. Stateside is limited to Chicago as "Most Fun". Stay at the Dana and visit the Vertigo Lounge. Cool joint. Work wise, eastern US and Canada.

I may be in the minority, but I think Disney is a hell hole (an expensive one at that), you couldn't drag me into into it again. If you have children... well... you are obligated. Go to Busch Gardens instead... in the fall... when school is in. Either place is brutal in the summer isf you are not conditioned to Florida's humidity.

As far as collecting things... um.. BEER! Unfortunately I haven't acquired the ability to hold them for long! Chimay Blue Lable... you won't regret it.

13 hours ago, vkromas said:

I try not to go to far above the Mason Dixon. but, I have been through out the south "live in North Carolina" I have traveled as far west as Oregon . I have not been out of the United states as of yet. Wish to go to Ireland one day though. 

16 hours ago, vkromas said:

Interesting link. XD Haha. 

On the question: 6,000+ miles to see my ex (before she was the ex! :P). That is the furthest distance I have traveled. Haha. Would have to say that seeing the Tulip Fields in the Netherlands is definitely something people need to see at least once. Its absolutely beautiful. And Disney World has got to be one of the 'happier' places out there, but the ice cream is way too expensive to be the 'happiest!' *Innocent whistling* 

Hm, I collect Fantasy and Sci-Fi books from Resale shops, ranging from Dragonlance, to Forgotten Realms, to 1-Off series and things like the Phoenix Unchained (Enduring Flame series). And then Sci-Fi, Battletech to Aliens, to the original Starship troopers, to Armor (That is such a great book) and so on. A lot more 1-Offs and miniseries in this group to mention. 

Edited by Theoval

1 hour ago, Theoval said:

Hm, I collect Fantasy and Sci-Fi books from Resale shops, ranging from Dragonlance, to Forgotten Realms, to 1-Off series and things like the Phoenix Unchained (Enduring Flame series).

I loved the Dragonlance books (Mainly the first 6) as a young adolescent. Besider Weiss & Hickman, Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks and Stephen R Donaldson were among my "Mains".

1 minute ago, Armegeddon said:

I loved the Dragonlance books (Mainly the first 6) as a young adolescent. Besider Weiss & Hickman, Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks and Stephen R Donaldson were among my "Mains".

Love Dragons of Autumn Twilight, that has got to be my favorite of all of them I have collected. The closest too it would have to be Hopes Flame, as it was the one which originally got me into collecting them. +1

13 minutes ago, Theoval said:

Love Dragons of Autumn Twilight, that has got to be my favorite of all of them I have collected. The closest too it would have to be Hopes Flame, as it was the one which originally got me into collecting them. +1

I read the chronicals, and the second trilogy (I had to look it up to remember) the "Legends Books" Time of the Twins, War of the Twins,  and Test of the Twins. I knew I read a few more after that, but it wasn't the same. I eventually graduated to Stephen King and Clive Barker as my favorite,, different genre of course, and then "devolved" into mainly non-fiction. Vietnam, WWII and Cival war history mainly..... It sucks growing up!:P

Edit: As an aside, I'm surprised we don't see toons running around as "Raistlin, Sturm, Caramon, Kitiara etc. I guess they are a bit dated by now of course.

Edited by Armegeddon

14 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

Edit: As an aside, I'm surprised we don't see toons running around as "Raistlin, Sturm, Caramon, Kitiara etc. I guess they are a bit dated by now of course.

Yea, I remember lots of Raistlins with various spellings in older MMOs. And since the name was so often taken you'd get variants like "TheRealRaistlin." LOL

IhhQKY6.gif

4 minutes ago, Jah said:

Yea, I remember lots of Raistlins with various spellings in older MMOs. And since the name was so often taken you'd get variants like "TheRealRaistlin." LOL

No poorly made socks! Given our racial choices, You'd think we'd at least have one "Tanis "Half-Elven"" roaming around here!

7 minutes ago, Jah said:

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

When I first started in WoW back in the early 00's, it was crazy how many used Raist's name.