Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a modern Shadowbane

I'm looking for a modern version of Shadowbane.  Will Crowfall have something like it on one of the servers/worlds/whatever?  From what I've seen so far, there is focus on factioned pvp, not FFA, open pvp like Shadowbane.  I want the players to make the rules and the politics.  Is that going to be possible?  I'd also like to kick down peoples' sand castles.  Is that going to be possible?

22 minutes ago, XphaedX said:

I'm looking for a modern version of Shadowbane.  Will Crowfall have something like it on one of the servers/worlds/whatever?  From what I've seen so far, there is focus on factioned pvp, not FFA, open pvp like Shadowbane.  I want the players to make the rules and the politics.  Is that going to be possible?  I'd also like to kick down peoples' sand castles.  Is that going to be possible?

Welcome to the forums.

Factions are just what is currently used for testing. The game concept includes several world bands with different difficulty level. From God's Reach with 3 factions and less risk but lower resource levels, to the Dregs with all against all and higher risk but the highest resource levels. Which of those campaign types we will be able to test at which stage of development - we don't know. (Though we had free for all in the early greybox stage, single god related small teams (6) in hunger dome, single god related medium large teams (about 15 to 30) during siege perilous, free for all in the early big world and now the 3 factions.) 

Crowfall_WorldRules_1.jpg

The strongholds in the campaign worlds will be destroyable. Bought strongholds can only be used in the EK's though; it's not possible to transfer them to the campaigns.

The early concept showed a destruction option in the EK's, which the monarch could set on or off. But this might be off the table - or maybe not. No news about that. There was also the idea (and the confirmation from Todd that theoretically it shoud be possible and that they will think about it) that there could be campaigns, people could join with their whole EK. Such a campaign world would then mostly exist out of player EK's ... and in that case you could of course loose your stuff. But, that was just an idea a long time ago and I'd say it's quite unlikely that this will be provided at launch. But, who nows. :)

Hope this helps. 

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk