Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fishdix

Twitch Streaming- Sniping

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I have a "Players as powerful AI monsters" suggestion running in the development partners section.  That game mode might be perfect to stream to, because in that mode you would actually want people to try to hunt you.

As a streamer, would that idea appeal to you? Roaming around the land as a powerful critter, looking for tasty people to eat.

Leave it to the creative minds in the development process to come up with, in my humble opinion- GENIUS solutions to problems like these. I don't think it'll keep people from stream sniping but it would give CF streamers more of a reason to!

Brilliant. I'd definitely like to see that game mode. Even one where a player could be like a world boss and have a bunch of people try to take them down.

What damn game do you people think they are making?!

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, mandalore said:

What damn game do you people think they are making?!

I think they are making a game system called Crowfall, that can be the base and support many different game types.  Variance in campaign world configurations, and EK lego are only two ways that unique gameplay can be added to the core system.

Why bother forming alliances, farming gear, sieges, asset denial or transportation of goods when I can easy mode it in the body of premade mob where my trained skills and farmed gear are worthless.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, mandalore said:

Why bother forming alliances, farming gear, sieges, asset denial or transportation of goods when I can easy mode it in the body of premade mob where my trained skills and farmed gear are worthless.

First of all, it was a suggestion, so nothing is set in stone. 
Second of all, it wouldn't be detracting from the rest of the game. It would probably be like an arena thing that they might award skill tomes or something. You could discuss it but I think this is probably the wrong thread for that.

So why bother with any of the political, economic or warfare systems of the game when I can arena for skill training and surpass my foes in training then come in heavy on training they can't match?

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

Obviously you are an achiever type, like me. 

Why do people play PUBG and other area games where there is zero progression?  Because different bartles types of players find different aspects of MMO games fun. The idea of replacing AI mobs is you get nothing permanent at all.  That does not appeal to achiever types, but it does appeal to killers.

The whole idea was it would be a random world, and essentially a random Mob you would end up in. I'm not going to beat this idea to death in this thread.  It was mostly to ask an actual streamer if that sort of gameplay would be something they would be interested in streaming. You know, streaming a land shark equivalent hunting a caravan of harvesters.

RXZ3rlL.jpg

I don't think they should waste development time making this game streamer friendly. The revenue added as a result of streaming is nice, but isn't necessary for the core of Crowfall. People have to accept this game can't be everything to everyone; its just not a streamer friendly game in the traditional sense.

So you want Artcraft to split their attentions between multiple game formats, wildly different game formats, that completely undermine the core aspects of the game?  We aren't alike, please don't make personal attacks as it is against the ToS.  I'm not some feckless sycophant who needs praise...

How about you don't ask them to further divide their attention to add asinine and niche specialty game modes before the game is in beta or launched.  Have the discipline to not hamper the development process and let them make the damn game. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

9 minutes ago, mandalore said:

So you want Artcraft to split their attentions between multiple game formats, wildly different game formats, that completely undermine the core aspects of the game?  We aren't alike, please don't make personal attacks as it is against the ToS.  I'm not some feckless sycophant who needs praise...

How about you don't ask them to further divide their attention to add asinine and niche specialty game modes before the game is in beta or launched.  Have the discipline to not hamper the development process and let them make the damn game. 

Nope. 

The original suggestion was couched as "after launch". No way this should interrupt the core of the game.  I just mentioned it now, because I know they are working and trying to improve the AI code as we speak.  If it's easy to put a placeholder in place now because that area is already open, then now could be the right time to do it. For all I know, ACE already has developers roaming around the test environment as the critters they are building just doing tests. We have already vessel/AI overlap in camps where they plunk AI into confessors and druids and such. 

But no, it should not distract them from developing the core game, and if there is one thing I know Todd is great at, it's keeping the team focused on the core of the game and launch. I'm not the least bit worried a bit of suggestion noise will derail the core project.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Sorry and thank you for all the replies. 

First, to anyone suggesting I don't want to be stream-sniped...NO. That's not what I'm suggesting. I don't want you to feel bad for me; you can stop puffing your virgin chests. 

To the person that indicated the game is probably NOT stream-worthy (Zybek) YES...that is probably the truth...and YES...it will suck.

To anyone puffing their chest about a pvp game and my intention to stream, I AGREE. I'm not looking for privilege or special favors.

It is a group game, but an unique one in that it almost entirely demands it. I can't make a stream of waiting for a team of people to hopefully not get trounced. I'd sooner watch someone try and hunt down a streamer. I more-so wanted to speak about an issue that might negatively impact the game.

I'm fine with the game as it is, I was looking for solutions to be able to promote it to people. In hindsight, its easy to see why every stream has been chopping wood or running around in groups of 3+ so they can either catch a solo player, or fight off snipers. 

I feel my suggestions were a good start to giving streamers a bit more tools to withhold their location easier. 

If you're worried about stream snipers after launch when things are going to matter a lot more, then you and the rest of your guild should actually get good.

No amount of covering up details on a streamer's screen is going to prevent someone from being able to pin point your location on a map in a game that's going to demand scouting from every guild. Every guild is going to deploy the best measures they can to gain information on what's going on in the map to gain some sort of advantage. Whether that be in game or out of game, it won't matter.

Get good, have a solid tactical and strategic plan, learn to lead your guild or group properly, and just not be foolish in making decisions on the fly.

Being stream sniped in games like this isn't the actual problem. Honestly if you consider yourself competitive, I would welcome it as a skill check for you and your guild.

OS_Sig3.png

I fully agree and I'm not looking for carebear patches. This is pre alpha and the situation was entirely concocted to be toxic in an overwhelmingly over powering situation. Anyone looking for me to get good wouldn't bring 2 other maxed people to prove that. In fact, it tells me that the person doing that, then provoking me in global isn't very good themselves. Regardless, it was my fault and its been interesting looking into streaming a game like this

I get it and perhaps there is no viable solution in an environment like this. Thank you for your replies. 

As I told you in Discord...I hope you sent your attackers a nice thank you card for providing your channel with pvp content. I can't imagine someone trying to stream a pvp game and then complain when someone went out of their way to provide that very content you were looking for.

48 minutes ago, entityofsin said:

If you're worried about stream snipers after launch when things are going to matter a lot more, then you and the rest of your guild should actually get good.

No amount of covering up details on a streamer's screen is going to prevent someone from being able to pin point your location on a map in a game that's going to demand scouting from every guild. Every guild is going to deploy the best measures they can to gain information on what's going on in the map to gain some sort of advantage. Whether that be in game or out of game, it won't matter.

Get good, have a solid tactical and strategic plan, learn to lead your guild or group properly, and just not be foolish in making decisions on the fly.

Being stream sniped in games like this isn't the actual problem. Honestly if you consider yourself competitive, I would welcome it as a skill check for you and your guild.

In a game like this, misinformation and trapping are very valid strategies. 

So set up a streams in the hopes the stream snipers will follow and try to gank you. Get a reputation of "if we gank him when he looks weak, 15 of his friends he never talks about on the stream will show up and eat our lunch", and stream snipers become loot delivery vehicles or avoid you like the plague.  If they do avoid you, you will be able to do things in peace, unless you don't want to. 

Use the behavior of your enemy to your advantage.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Calm down Machiavelli.

wiDfyPp.png

As much as I love the "find a group of people to defend me or bait people" strategy... I really don't. I like to pvp but I don't think there is a way to stream it properly. Offering people the advantage of my knowledge ahead of time always puts me in a position of weakness and I agree, I'm just asking to be sniped. I thought there might be solutions that could increase my chances of being more difficult bait to catch. This will of course come in the form of:

bigger maps/servers,

more campaigns,

more people, 

new campaigns rather than existing ones, 

not maxed players vs new players.

I think people believe I'm upset about all of this, but I'm really just trying to put it out there as a topic. In pre-alpha, however, its simply not good content to watch or stream if that will be happening. I imagine the devs do not want this type of toxic borderline-harassment for the kicks. Its an over-abuse in a tiny unbalanced test environment where people are trying to help give a new game exposure...not a launched game. 

They were not helping content, there is no thanks to give. They even said in global that they were watching. They weren't even following. Their goal was to make someone upset. 

Instead, they might have just eliminated another target and potentially someone who could give the game good free exposure. 

If you'd like the few bucks I made streaming 8 hours yesterday, I'm happy to donate it to your guild as an alternative to the thanks for the non-content you think was provided. 

TLDR: This will be a great game for youtube :P

Edited by fishdix