Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kellindell

Is there a "save function" for EK?

Everytime I start an EK and log out on my return the EK is gone. I thought the way you got started was going into an EK harvesting the basics, equipping yourself and then putting it in the spirit bank and joining a campaign.

I am not sure how I get to that next step if the EK always self deletes.

1 minute ago, Kellindell said:

Everytime I start an EK and log out on my return the EK is gone. I thought the way you got started was going into an EK harvesting the basics, equipping yourself and then putting it in the spirit bank and joining a campaign.

I am not sure how I get to that next step if the EK always self deletes.

Welcome to the forums.

Usually the EK's shouldn't reset ... until there is a global reset (like there will be with the start of pre-alpha 5.6 soon). Of yourse you have to wake up your EK once it closed and you want to enter it again, but that shouldnt change anything in your EK. 

So the question is: What do you mean by "gone"? Is it just that you have to wake it up again? Or do objects (like vendor stalls) buildings (like cottage) and parcels (like shire) vanish? If it is the first, thats normal - nothing changes, just wake it up and go on. If it is the latter (and there wasnt a global reset), then this is a very unusual bug i havent heard about yet and you should report it in the bug report threads or at support@crowfall.com.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

It doesn't self delete. If you put down a cottage, for example, it will still be there next time your return to your EK.

It does shut down when its been empty for a while, but you can start it back up.

IhhQKY6.gif

I logged out less than 12 hours ago. When I go to My kingdoms and favorites it is simply not there anymore. So I am assuming I lost all the stuff I harvested in my inventory.

Sorry for the newb questions but this game is not very intuitive. And not in that fun way the first time I logged in to SWG or EQ, in that I have no idea what the next logical step is or what keeps happening to my progress way.

5 minutes ago, Kellindell said:

I logged out less than 12 hours ago. When I go to My kingdoms and favorites it is simply not there anymore. So I am assuming I lost all the stuff I harvested in my inventory.

Sorry for the newb questions but this game is not very intuitive. And not in that fun way the first time I logged in to SWG or EQ, in that I have no idea what the next logical step is or what keeps happening to my progress way.

No problem. The game isn't very intuitive because it is not a game yet but a test environment with no focus on new player experience. Not your fault (frankly - no fault at all but just the way it is).

In the lobby -> worlds ->kingdoms ->my kingdom you should be able to see an icon of your EK, with your EK name in it. Maybe you can make a screenshot of your "May Kingdom" site and post it here? Would make it easier to solve the problem.  

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I think what is going on here is that you connected first to the LIVE environment and made you EK, and then today you connected to the TEST environment where you EK has not yet been created. This would happen if you launched the Crowfall client directly rather than through the launcher. It has a weird behavior where it connects to TEST rather than LIVE when you do that.

Run CFLiveLauncher.exe.

IhhQKY6.gif

5 minutes ago, Jah said:

I think what is going on here is that you connected first to the LIVE environment and made you EK, and then today you connected to the TEST environment where you EK has not yet been created. This would happen if you launched the Crowfall client directly rather than through the launcher. It has a weird behavior where it connects to TEST rather than LIVE when you do that.

Run CFLiveLauncher.exe.

This is indeed what the problem was. Thank you.