Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorns

Leather Armor

Recommended Posts

I'm surprised I have need seen this mentioned more, is any one else frustrated with the gather/craft requirements for this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem surprisingly more taxing than mail/plate, but it's also hard to say if it's because there's less things to skin vs ore to be mined on Abattoir.  I could see it flipping if we don't have an ore heavy map and they start adding more skinnable mobs in the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are the requirements for metal armor?

The 450 pieces of hide (base) for a full set of leather armor is a bit tiring to gather... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's actually 519 hides if you add in all the optional inserts, not counting the possibility of being able to stack treated leather eventually. Plus 8 coal, 25 iron, 19 ore of a specific type for buckles etc., 36 of any ore for the armor inserts, 13 sinew, and 60 ethereal dust.

A set of leather armor is the most resource intensive thing you can currently craft outside of the insane amount of materials you flush down the toilet to make anything with stonemasonry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering I can farm leather in the beachhead with no risk an that any dps and healer only really wants the gloves, boots, n helm and all classes can use mail or plate chest with minors....   I can farm enough to make the 3 pieces in less than an hour with basic weapons, no armor, and no training, only discs...   it really is easier than mail or plate AND doesn't use the ore you really want to use to upgrade weapons or make those much better mitigation and HP chest pieces.

#bliarlogic

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

                                                        Sugoi - Senpai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Frykka said:

Considering I can farm leather in the beachhead with no risk an that any dps and healer only really wants the gloves, boots, n helm and all classes can use mail or plate chest with minors....   I can farm enough to make the 3 pieces in less than an hour with basic weapons, no armor, and no training, only discs...   it really is easier than mail or plate AND doesn't use the ore you really want to use to upgrade weapons or make those much better mitigation and HP chest pieces.

#bliarlogic

If you want literally garbage leather with crappy HP on it.

TBH we need a "basic tier" slag equivalent of leather for those beach head pigs that can't be used in advanced armor so we're not balancing leather costs around being able to farm it in the beach head. Blair himself talked about the balance of that being a reflection of people AOEing down Ek boar spawns lol. Just call it "Patchy hide" and make it only usable for leather straps.

Also we really need a pass on leather chestpieces. They need a better multiplier or resists to make them compelling options compared to chain as the base stats on leather and the low opportunity cost of taking an armor proficiency disc just aren't worth the time investment to make good leather chestpieces even if it did require the same equivalent effort as mail.


PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Frykka said:

Considering I can farm leather in the beachhead with no risk an that any dps and healer only really wants the gloves, boots, n helm and all classes can use mail or plate chest with minors....   I can farm enough to make the 3 pieces in less than an hour with basic weapons, no armor, and no training, only discs...   it really is easier than mail or plate AND doesn't use the ore you really want to use to upgrade weapons or make those much better mitigation and HP chest pieces.

#bliarlogic

Have you thought about doing that at game launch or in a new campaign when everyone is trying to do it?  If you want to see some same faction bad blood then that will be the place to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does leather have a mobility buff opposed to plate having a mobility debuff? If not, maybe there should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hunt said:

Does leather have a mobility buff opposed to plate having a mobility debuff? If not, maybe there should.

Well the plate passive skill tree gets a extra sprint movement modifier bonus :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MJayed said:

Well the plate passive skill tree gets a extra sprint movement modifier bonus :)

Dang, leather gets the shaft 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't even exist, cloth and wood are more authentic armor materials than leather. There's a reason ages went from stone to bronze to iron... I'd rather have bone armor. 


a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

funny we were discussing this, just this morning.  Somebody claimed you get more benefit to using plate on a rogue then using two other minor disciplines.  That is how crappy leather compares to Plate.

Now, I think Plate should work best against physical damage and leather best against elemental damage with mail doing a combination of both, but at a lesser degree. 

What are the best resist % people can get on 

Leather?

Mail?

Plate?

So in keeping with topic of post, the resource cost is WAY to high for what little advantage leather offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nakawe said:

funny we were discussing this, just this morning.  Somebody claimed you get more benefit to using plate on a rogue then using two other minor disciplines.  That is how crappy leather compares to Plate.

Now, I think Plate should work best against physical damage and leather best against elemental damage with mail doing a combination of both, but at a lesser degree. 

What are the best resist % people can get on 

Leather?

Mail?

Plate?

So in keeping with topic of post, the resource cost is WAY to high for what little advantage leather offers.

If that were the case, then they'd have to rework how tanks mitigate damage...again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather see them add positives/negatives to wearing different armor classes. Something like plate boots make you run slower, a plate helm effects your far sight, plate gloves effect your aim accuracy, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, if you have a crafter that can roll close to 30 on plate, it is arguable at least, that even on leather users, taking the two proficiency minors(plate and mail) are worth more than all the others in the game. (excuse the run-on sentence please)

Edit: Plate chest for mitigation and leather arms, gloves and helm of course.

There is something basically wrong with that.

 

Edited by Armegeddon

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

Right now, if you have a crafter that can roll close to 30 on plate, it is arguable at least, that even on leather users, taking the two proficiency minors(plate and mail) are worth more than all the others in the game. (excuse the run-on sentence please)

Edit: Plate chest for mitigation and leather arms, gloves and helm of course.

There is something basically wrong with that.

 

Perhaps move the15% dmg mod to a full leather bonus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

leather is bad for a few reasons one we don't have any high lvl boars and it takes a lot of training to get green or blue mats I would be fine with loosing the boars in the starter area but a fix might be to add higher lvl boars outside the beachhead. we also don't have one of the leather types even yet I assume is a bear hide but its just a guess. i really hope they improve the leather but i understand it takes time and there has been in my opinion great progress in the last few months so I feel they will look at it lets hope :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Outlawone said:

leather is bad for a few reasons one we don't have any high lvl boars and it takes a lot of training to get green or blue mats I would be fine with loosing the boars in the starter area but a fix might be to add higher lvl boars outside the beachhead. we also don't have one of the leather types even yet I assume is a bear hide but its just a guess. i really hope they improve the leather but i understand it takes time and there has been in my opinion great progress in the last few months so I feel they will look at it lets hope :P

Well, frankly quite a few of us are on test and can craft will all purple mats (unlimited on vendors).  The problem with leather has zero to do with level of mats and everything to do with it does not scale well at all to plate.

There is zero reason to use leather over plate.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...