Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kellindell

What is gold for?

This may be the most noobish of questions but I get a ton of it even when killing muskogs (Dont wanna know where they keep it) but I have yet to see a use for it.

3 minutes ago, Kellindell said:

This may be the most noobish of questions but I get a ton of it even when killing muskogs (Dont wanna know where they keep it) but I have yet to see a use for it.

Right now gold is to pay your vendor and to buy stuff from other peoples vendors. 

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Yes, vendors are in EKs. Players can place anything they want to sell on the vendors. Weapons, armor, jewelry, runetools, resources, whatever.

Vendors and stalls are crafted via stonemasonry. You attach a stall to a building and then slot the vendor into the stall. Stall type doesn't matter, the differences are just aesthetic.

If you go to Worlds, Kingdoms, Browse, look for EKs that are online and suggest that there is a vendor/shop.

Edited by Arkade

So you make stuff or harvest stuff and put it up for sale for gold, and then you use that gold to go buy other things people put up?

Couldn't people just trade each other goods for finished products?

Will the game ever release things you can buy for gold?

Crowfall economics are player-driven. Nearly everything that can be bought in the shop can also be crafted ingame. So, theoretically, yes you can buy those stuff with gold ... if someone is putting it into his market stall. 

Of course people can just trade goods for goods. Currently both trading partners have to be online to do so. The vendor only stops selling if he dont have enough gold anymore. 

2W1ZHpA.jpg

You can also use gold to level your vessel, which provides some baseline value for it.

Right now only vendors require upkeep, but I imagine other buildings and thralls will require gold as well.

IhhQKY6.gif

22 minutes ago, Jah said:

You can also use gold to level your vessel, which provides some baseline value for it.

Right now only vendors require upkeep, but I imagine other buildings and thralls will require gold as well.

How do you do that? Is it in the game right now?

2 minutes ago, Kellindell said:

How do you do that? Is it in the game right now?

Which part, leveling up Vessels or vendors? Both are in game now, yes. Leveling up vessels via sacrificing items is done by interacting with the circular fires at the temple structure in the starting area, and vendors are crafted and placed in your personal kingdom on structures and parcels you put there.

7 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Which part, leveling up Vessels or vendors? Both are in game now, yes. Leveling up vessels via sacrificing items is done by interacting with the circular fires at the temple structure in the starting area, and vendors are crafted and placed in your personal kingdom on structures and parcels you put there.

Leveling should not be confused with passive skills. Leveling up is by vessel only, only affects vessel stats, and not any of the passive skills.

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

Leveling should not be confused with passive skills. Leveling up is by vessel only, only affects vessel stats, and not any of the passive skills.

Yes, (skill) Training and (vessel) Leveling are 2 different terms, and relate to 2 different things - important to clarify that indeed.

Its important to remember with 5.6 on the way and the ability to make the Walmarts of Crowfall with a collection of vendors to be a one stop shop owned by different players gold is an inventory item that can be looted when you die. When its time to start testing the markets and buying the equipment you need it will be smart to be careful how much you run around with in your bags in campaigns.  The safest place to farm it will be in the beachhead of your faction though it will pry be overcrowded and not be optimal. I know this isn't really about what gold is for but others seem to have explained that pretty well. This was more about just offering advice if you plan on shopping in the next patch. There will most likely be a wipe for 5.6  and testing for vendors is rather limited in 5.5 due to the lack of the system for the EK being implemented in the next patch.