Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reply to Suggestion/Question

I noticed there isn't a Reply to a specific comment. If someone tags me, I can't just click on a Reply but have to type out their name to mention them.

IE I wanted to reply to KrakkenSmacken and had to type out nearly the whole name before it'd show their name. It could have been convenient to click a Reply (in their comment) while my comment would have their name already setup as a mention.

Could a mention start by those who've interacted in the current thread first then list everyone? 

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

21 minutes ago, jetah said:

I noticed there isn't a Reply to a specific comment. If someone tags me, I can't just click on a Reply but have to type out their name to mention them.

IE I wanted to reply to KrakkenSmacken and had to type out nearly the whole name before it'd show their name. It could have been convenient to click a Reply (in their comment) while my comment would have their name already setup as a mention.

Could a mention start by those who've interacted in the current thread first then list everyone? 

I do get notifications on people quoting me. 

I don't usually tag people because the system deals with it differently.  For example, I have my E-mail set to send me one if you tag me, where as I don't get an email from simply being quoted.

Just sayin.

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I do get notifications on people quoting me. 

I don't usually tag people because the system deals with it differently.  For example, I have my E-mail set to send me one if you tag me, where as I don't get an email from simply being quoted.

Just sayin.

and i have it opposite. email from quotes but not tags.

but in order to tag/mention someone I have to scroll through a list of people not even in the conversation or know how to spell their name.  The reply box isn't in a frame so I can't just scroll up and look-n-type. 

etDenA9.png

35 minutes ago, jetah said:

and i have it opposite. email from quotes but not tags.

but in order to tag/mention someone I have to scroll through a list of people not even in the conversation or know how to spell their name.  The reply box isn't in a frame so I can't just scroll up and look-n-type. 

You could just select their name and copy/paste/text only.  @jetah

@KrakkenSmacken I'd prefer to hit a reply which automatically adds a mention to the comment. Adjacent to the Quote could be a Reply which does that.

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png

1 hour ago, jetah said:

@KrakkenSmacken I'd prefer to hit a reply which automatically adds a mention to the comment. Adjacent to the Quote could be a Reply which does that.

Welp, I wouldn't want that.

Then there is essentially no way to effectively distinguish a quote/reply from a mention, and the configuration options to keep the separate will be all but useless.

i usually just use quotes, too. just quote the message, and the player should get a message about being quoted. works well. good way to make new crows aware that their questions has been (tried to be) answered, thanks to the pop-up.

8 hours ago, Pann said:

I hear what you're saying, @jetah, but Invision isn't that fancy. =(

oh, that sucks. Maybe ping them about it or suggest it?

etDenA9.png