Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is streaming allowed in Alhpa testing?

Hello Everyone,

As the title says, is streaming allowed in alpha testing? If you also have a link to the section where is allows or denies the streaming that would be helpful :)

There is no NDA, so you can stream as much as you want. The only relevant link I could find is this one:

https://crowfall.com/en/faq/general/community-creation/

That's probably not exactly what you are looking for, but I'm 100% sure you can stream the pre-alpha. Go on Youtube and look at all the videos and streams that people have put up if you are worried.

I know there is a standing request to not stream the test server, because that can and is way buggier than "live". 

ACE doesn't want stuff that is so obviously broken to give the wrong impression of the game.

53 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I know there is a standing request to not stream the test server, because that can and is way buggier than "live". 

ACE doesn't want stuff that is so obviously broken to give the wrong impression of the game.

Can you link to that? I know I've seen such requests in the past, but I was under the impression they were for specific builds that were very rough. If that request extends to all builds on TEST I was unaware of it.

IhhQKY6.gif

Going to ping @Pann on this.  I'm hoping there is a cut and paste on the issue that can be dropped in here.  

I did a search because it wasn't one I bothered to comment on, and it could very easily be buried in the dev-partners forum, so probably better to get a new copy of it straight from ACE.

There is generally no dont-stream stamp on the TEST server. If they would prefer something not to be streamed, you would get a message about . And if you dont ... knock it out. :) (but of course keep the best interest of the game in mind ;) )

Edited by Kraahk

There is no NDA and Crows are welcome to live stream or create videos of their gameplay sessions. We unofficially request that during the earliest testing of a new build, Crows hang back and not stream/video; this is an informal request that we have mentioned in the emails that are sent to the first group of testers in that new phase (typically the Pre-Alpha 1 through Alpha 1 test groups), but we haven't made that request publicly. That may explain why some of you were aware of it and others weren't. 

6 minutes ago, Azure_Mist said:

Thank you everyone for the responses. I shall respect the wishes and not stream alpha development. 

The responses were confusing, you can always stream the LIVE server environment. The only time ACE asks us not to stream is the very earliest snap tests (for higher tier pre-alpha 1-2, alpha 1) on TEST environment, and you would get an email specifically with this request. Once more access groups (alpha 2-3) are invited to TEST it is ok to stream.

tiPrpwh.png

17 minutes ago, Azure_Mist said:

Thank you everyone for the responses. I shall respect the wishes and not stream alpha development. 

I think you misunderstood. You are encouraged to stream alpha development.

IhhQKY6.gif