Sign in to follow this  
Zomnivore

I'm really excited for soft launch.

Over all I think soft launch is a good thing. Permanent progress, campaigns that do the full game loop. Just a lot to like, and its going to be here soon.

I understand the worries that late comers will be upset, but I'm sure at least the MMO specific news websites will note it, and people who want to be the first to be big crowfall streamers are probably at least loosely aware.

I really think its exciting. I want the game to do well, so I hope they're prepared for a hungry crowd. Albion Online wasn't expecting the numbers they got and probably a good month of troubled servers resulted in a jumpy start.

My personal hope is that with more people playing we'll get better PVP balance tuning in the coming months. I really like how the influx of cash affects how resources can be distributed to the things that most immediately impact gameplay. I understand engine work and such is important too and that'll probably be the focus for the first few months to get the servers to handle loads properly and having enough to meet demand, but boy I'm excited about class balance tuning.

What are all yall excited for?

Come on yall I'm excited and want to talk about the game here, if you even have a little comment thats better then just talking to a wall.

Edited by Zomnivore

First few Campaign Worlds with seasons and a winner is going to be exciting. I'm sure it will take some testing and iterations to get the scoring system working well - looking forward to that aspect of testing once all the core features get in place.

I can't wait for them to get the initial survival mechanics in and tuned, so then they can tune the races. I really hope the seasons change the meta, and force interesting decisions about what races and disciplines to pick, and trickle down to what classes you expect.

11 hours ago, Zomnivore said:

Killing people with the guild Oathsworn.

I just want to stab people in the face, gather resources, stab some more, gather some more, maybe help the faction we'll be a part of win a campaign, and hopefully stab some more people in the face.

So yeah.. lots of stabbing.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:35 AM, entityofsin said:

Killing people with the guild Oathsworn.

I just want to stab people in the face, gather resources, stab some more, gather some more, maybe help the faction we'll be a part of win a campaign, and hopefully stab some more people in the face.

So yeah.. lots of stabbing.

Apparently he likes stabbing people :ph34r:

When I want to stab someone I go spy in Tf2.

There might be a better game out there for stabbing, but tf2's spy rates high for me.

For me mmo combat is either about the 1v1 duel or the team fight. I'm probably not going to be winning 1v1 much because I'm probably just an average or below average player, but the team fights will be fun.

On 03/05/2018 at 1:11 AM, Zomnivore said:

Over all I think soft launch is a good thing. Permanent progress, campaigns that do the full game loop. Just a lot to like, and its going to be here soon.

I understand the worries that late comers will be upset, but I'm sure at least the MMO specific news websites will note it, and people who want to be the first to be big crowfall streamers are probably at least loosely aware.

I really think its exciting. I want the game to do well, so I hope they're prepared for a hungry crowd. Albion Online wasn't expecting the numbers they got and probably a good month of troubled servers resulted in a jumpy start.

My personal hope is that with more people playing we'll get better PVP balance tuning in the coming months. I really like how the influx of cash affects how resources can be distributed to the things that most immediately impact gameplay. I understand engine work and such is important too and that'll probably be the focus for the first few months to get the servers to handle loads properly and having enough to meet demand, but boy I'm excited about class balance tuning.

Come on yall I'm excited and want to talk about the game here, if you even have a little comment thats better then just talking to a wall.

You say soon! When do you anticipate soft launch to happen?

I am fairly reserved about soft launch simply because the date could slide further out, so I'm keeping my undies clean and pressed, when we hit Beta they might get a little soiled.

However I think soft launch will work for this game, while for most games it wouldn't.

Late comers will be behind on skills, but the world bands will have had time to mature with refined rule-sets, hopefully giving customers a better player experience    

I'm not gonna cry if I'm wrong.

Hell I'm still optimistic that star citizen will be something worth playing, and who knows when thats coming.

I reckon all I gotta do is wait a little and I'm in for some good times.