Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Effect of New Unity 2018.1 release on Crowfall dev

RileyStang

@jtoddcoleman @Tyrant

I read today that Unity released their 2018.1 update today. I don't know much about what the engine is already capable of, but they made it sound like a lot of new ease of use features are added, that allow developers to better optimize game performance in a much more time efficient manner. I was most excited to read about how easily you can make the engine utilize all of a CPU's cores. Would this also make SLI configurations useful too? How much of these new features are you folks at ACE excited about making use of, if not already?

Liking how the game is shaping up. Keep up the good work, folks!

11 hours ago, RileyStang said:

@jtoddcoleman @Tyrant

I read today that Unity released their 2018.1 update today. I don't know much about what the engine is already capable of, but they made it sound like a lot of new ease of use features are added, that allow developers to better optimize game performance in a much more time efficient manner. I was most excited to read about how easily you can make the engine utilize all of a CPU's cores. Would this also make SLI configurations useful too? How much of these new features are you folks at ACE excited about making use of, if not already?

Liking how the game is shaping up. Keep up the good work, folks!

As someone using a Ryzen Processor this does get my attention  .

But yea OsirianLegacy is correct it did fubar the game last time and took them months to get it back "somewhat" on track.

I say somewhat cause we have yet to see the populations in the 1000s or even the 100s on a server with out it turning into a lagg fest that is not fun for anyone. 

We usually wait until a release settles out a bit -- while "generally available" works for most projects, we're stressing Unity in a lot of unique ways.  More stable version = more seamless integration for us.

We will jump to 2018 at some point in the next few months, I imagine.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]