Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

The Elementals - Official Discussion Thread

Interesting 4 Elemental's, 

1.  Nature
  2. Ice
  3. Electricity
  4. fire

Make me think they are adding an elemental for other classes too.

So the new tech was an elemental or maybe Frostweaver changes into one with separate ability bar?

Just speculating and having fun...

Edited by Nakawe

It would be very cool if the standby position of elementals would look like what they are made of. Like a stone elemental that looks like any other medium sized cobblestone. And then, when you get near ... it suddenly unfolds. Or a fire elemental looking like a campfire. And so on.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

It would be very cool if the standby position of elementals would look like what they are made of. Like a stone elemental that looks like any other medium sized cobblestone. And then, when you get near ... it suddenly unfolds. Or a fire elemental looking like a campfire. And so on.

WTB MIMIC CHESTS

tumblr_ndxokxeCIE1sx56xso1_400.gif

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

the challenge is .. what do they drop besides coins? 

Can they drop optional resources to allow more customization of crafts?

Can they drop raw components needed to combine for better sacrificial points? 

Can they drop components to help our PokeThrallBalls perform better? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

air elemental is missing

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

So will elementals drop resources?  (namely ore) I hope so, having alternatives to beating on rocks all day sounds good. Having mobs that also provide a source of resources I think is a good thing. You can even set it up so you can harvest the corpses if necessary with a pick axe.

The way I'd set it up is have the elemental drop some ore on death that can be picked up, and the rest you have to go at it with a pick axe.

Edited by Helix

50 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

What would be really cool, is if some motherloads or trees even behaved like the normal material until either a harvesting attempt (that actually did damage)  was made, OR a certain number of minutes passed where a character was making noise in the area and woke them up.

It would be exciting  to have a solo harvester hammering away and the smaller nodes around a mother load, and have the big guy suddenly stand up and start pounding on them.  Regulars could notice a "new" mound in a place that was not usual, and have a clue that it was a MOB and not a resource node.

7 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

What would be really cool, is if some motherloads or trees even behaved like the normal material until either a harvesting attempt (that actually did damage)  was made, OR a certain number of minutes passed where a character was making noise in the area and woke them up.

It would be exciting  to have a solo harvester hammering away and the smaller nodes around a mother load, and have the big guy suddenly stand up and start pounding on them.  Regulars could notice a "new" mound in a place that was not usual, and have a clue that it was a MOB and not a resource node.

or pull a Wildstar mechanic where on random event the Motherlode or Node could spawn a Elemental. that could keep some mindless botters awake :)

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

6 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

or pull a Wildstar mechanic where on random event the Motherlode or Node could spawn a Elemental. that could keep some mindless botters awake :)

Heh. Made me think of my old friend the rust monster.

Imagine if elementals did not attack your health first, but only "ate" a specific resource or type from your bags on each hit, (healing each time based on durability taken away), and only started to hit your health after they had cleaned you out.

PFAEB0M.jpg

That would actually make a great deal of sense for Hunger infected mobs. Eating the world, even if it's in your bags.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

56 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

.. what do they drop besides coins? 

34 minutes ago, Helix said:

So will elementals drop resources?  (namely ore) I hope so, having alternatives to beating on rocks all day sounds good. Having mobs that also provide a source of resources I think is a good thing. 

11 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

In my opinion, the sleeping elemental principle (consisting of and dropping it's material) has a lot of potential and could be one of the mindblowing things about Crowfall. Harvesting for fighters, fighting for harvesters, fighting off bots, the surprise element(al) during scouting, ... and so on. They whole adding to the general thing stuff.

I like the idea of different elementals having different behaviour. Like the rock elemental wants silence and no movement. If you stand still, it calms down and stop attacking. But if you move again... (and it's faster than you, so...) xD

2W1ZHpA.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

In my opinion, the sleeping elemental principle (consisting of and dropping it's material) has a lot of potential and could be one of the mindblowing things about Crowfall. Harvesting for fighters, fighting for harvesters, fighting off bots, the surprise element(al) during scouting, ... and so on. They whole adding to the general thing stuff.

I like the idea of different elementals having different behaviour. Like the rock elemental wants silence and no movement. If you stand still, it calms down and stop attacking. But if you move again... (and it's faster than you, so...) xD

Also totally different weaknesses and vulnerabilities. 

E.G. Fire elementals

• Fire immune.
  • Wind/lightning  heals, (spreads the fire)
  • Earth, weak against. Thrown dirt on a fire to put it out. Slows
  • Water, vulnerable.

I think elementals should be terrifying and only really be harmed by one type of damage and the opposite element.  A sword really shouldn't have an impact on fire/water or air. Fire/Ice should have no impact on earth or air.  

Air should only be vulnerable to organic, because organic consumes air.

That sort of thing.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I don't think the elementals should be what we find in the world like everybody here is proposing neither should they be something you are supposed to farm.

I mean, elementals to me are the super strong monster that live in another plane and which you can make contract with.

So yeah, stumbling in a rock elemental while hitting rocks seems a tad too weird for me. Like meeting the final boss on the lvl 5 area weird.

Of course, the rest of the ideas are super cool.

Maybe using the elemental descendants would be a better idea. And from a lore point of view it would also be better to call what we will (probably) summon as the elemental Avatar and not THE elemental.