ACE_Jackal

5.6 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 5/3/18

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.6 Snap Test Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

Champ's second leap doesn't trigger. First leap doesn't start the second part of the leap combo.

Posted (edited)

Thread title should be 5.6.

The EK tools are working better. I was able to add my alt as a noble. My alt was able to place 3 crafting stations inside the fort on my shire parcel. When I use eklistnobles, eklistvassals and eklisttokens, they all work as expect. As a noble, my alt is able to execute these commands.

The one thing that isn't working is placing parcels. My alt can access the kingdom editor and place parcels. He can turn existing parcel owned by the monarch, but can't move them. However, when I hit submit, I get an error that says "Submission failure - you do not have edit permissions for this kingdom."

Edit: I had my EK set to public. I changed it to private, logged in with my alt who is a noble and I was able to place parcels.

Edited by Arkade

@ACE_Jackal Thread title says 5.5 instead of 5.6 :P 

I like the idea of getting rid of class/race basics and adding individual trees at the end. I also like the rebalance of skill node XP costs to incentivize 5 pips. Good changes!

Hello!

Please be advised there may be wonky issues with the campaign.

Wonky issues may include:

• ???
  • ????
  • Where did it go?

Thank you for helping us test, but I do believe that's all for tonight as for as the snap test goes.

Posted (edited)

Druid

Coalesce Life / 2 / Nature - When orbs are spawn under characters feet, they heal twice. Should heal once.

Coalesce Life / 2 / Nature - When orbs are consumed, druid generates soul power for Ultimate, even if orbs did not heal target. In other words, druid can consume own orbs and charge Ultimate solo in safe area.

Coalesce Life / 2 / Nature - Orbs are visible for opponent (which, I believe, is a good thing), but their models are the same as friendly orbs, which is confusing. I would change colour from green to red for opponents orbs to see the difference.

Tray swap from Life to Death - When swapping trays, UI animates essence counter from current level to zero and back after using any power. It is a visual bug.

Focused spark - If you hold LMB right after tray swap, client won't play skill animation. It is a visual bug.

Orbs bugs video: https://youtu.be/OmS8v8gZgq4

Confessor

Hellfire Blast - When skill is used with small delay (about 1 second), it knockbacks and launches targets too high and far and they take fall damage after landing. Confessor needs to stay higher than target for this effect.

Video: https://youtu.be/HiSkgahPDMU

Duelist

Double Jump - When used in stealth while pressing W (forward) button, skill pushes character forward for ~10m after landing with ~33% possibily, significantly increasing travelled distance.

Impale - Damage ticks "use" Impale every three seconds, popping duelist of out stealth.

Stealth

Holy Aura / Toughness / Similar Health increasing buffs - When buff is over, it removes added health from stealth user, which counts as damage and it pops stealth user out of stealth.

Duelist/Stealth bugs video: https://youtu.be/fY48C2xG-f0

Edited by AmaranthGaming
Added videos

7 minutes ago, AmaranthGaming said:

Confessor

Hellfire Blast - When skill is used with small delay (about 1 second), it knockbacks and launches targets too high and far and they take fall damage after landing.

Hopefully this is an intended feature to offset their lackluster damage in end game....... Class does not scale well..

not sure if a bug or intended ... Restore Centaur Body could be shifted one to the left one tree location as I can't find any other example of a component being 'opened up' in the same step that its larger use is also learned. Maybe moving it to Intermediate could align better with other examples.

Btir2EW.png

43 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

not sure if a bug or intended ... Restore Centaur Body could be shifted one to the left one tree location as I can't find any other example of a component being 'opened up' in the same step that its larger use is also learned. Maybe moving it to Intermediate could align better with other examples.

Btir2EW.png

Would kind of suck to get a component recipe that doesn't really do anything until the next node, since you have to wait until the next node to use that recipe. Most of the recipe grants should feel like Necros tree after we get done with the pass we are working on atm.

1 minute ago, thomasblair said:

Would kind of suck to get a component recipe that doesn't really do anything until the next node, since you have to wait until the next node to use that recipe. Most of the recipe grants should feel like Necros tree after we get done with the pass we are working on atm.

Any chance we can get decapitate on basic tools now? These recipe unlock changes are pushing the time it takes to get to advance rune tools out even further. Until we have advanced rune tools people who die can troll their attackers by not releasing for 6 minutes and there's nothing the attacker can do about it. 

4 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Any chance we can get decapitate on basic tools now? These recipe unlock changes are pushing the time it takes to get to advance rune tools out even further. Until we have advanced rune tools people who die can troll their attackers by not releasing for 6 minutes and there's nothing the attacker can do about it. 

could decapitate without a runetool mean just no head as loot? 

2 minutes ago, blazzen said:

It should be much faster now to get into the crafting trees based on the new tree values. Have you looked at them yet?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

but that is how the non-human Vessels are now ... we can restore all of their parts but they cannot be used till one or more training node is trained. 

All the' restores' are in Novice .. i just can't put together the restored Wood-Elf parts I have 'restored' till i clear Research and into Intermediate research. So carrying a restored Centaur body 1 research tier is actually still better than any of the other vessels besides Human (as it gets immediate unlock ) and Nethari, Half-elf and Half Giant (have to wait one training step) 

Edited by Anhrez

1 minute ago, thomasblair said:

It should be much faster now to get into the crafting trees based on the new tree values. Have you looked at them yet?

but we don't yet see where Runetools drop in the Novice, Research, Int Research, etc path so can't estimate time to blue glowing head taking axe :)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

whats the plan with the now placeholder single lines of race and classes trees...? [instead of always a minimum duality]

Edited by Tinnis

9 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

but that is how the non-human Vessels are now ... we can restore all of their parts but they cannot be used till one or more training node is trained. 

All the' restores' in in Novice .. i just can't put together the restored Wood-Elf parts I have restored till i clear Research and into Intermediate research. So carrying a restored Centaur body 1 research tier is actually still better than any of the other vessels besides Human (get it same time) and Nethari, Half-elf and Half Giant (have to wait one training step) 

Yes but you can make at least 1 type of vessel with all the grants given at the novice box. That will generally be the goal. You get all the mandatory sub components and 1 vessel enabling you to make one vessel type. It just so happens you could restore an elven/monster arm early, but that is a byproduct of our compound recipes having multiple outcomes.

There should be some choice now though you could just train the novice box and at that point switch to experimentation/assembly skills and be really good at making humans. Or progress down the research line and get all the recipes and have more vessel option types but not be as good as the guy who can make humans really good.

21 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Haven't done the math on the time it takes to unlock yet. Several reported bugs of not getting recipe unlocks when they were supposed to also so hard to tell at this point. What is your goal for time to unlock those recipes as a fresh account? 

I realize it's an early game problem only but it absolutely is going to happen (cause if someone manages to kill me you can bet I'll AFK, grab a drink, come back and hope they didn't stick around long enough for me to release and loot me). 

26 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

but we don't yet see where Runetools drop in the Novice, Research, Int Research, etc path so can't estimate time to blue glowing head taking axe :)

The unlocks are actually in the crafting basics tree.

4 minutes ago, Arkade said:

The unlocks are actually in the crafting basics tree.

Oh thanks I missed them! 

I kinda hope they shift them around a little, seems so odd that many have nothing opened in Basic but some have so much 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, blazzen said:

(cause if someone manages to kill me you can bet I'll AFK, grab a drink, come back and hope they didn't stick around long enough for me to release and loot me). 

6 minutes is a good amount of time to make tea or a coffee press :)

Edited by Tinnis