ACE_Jackal

5.6 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 5/3/18

Posted (edited)

Yes, is it just me, or do the announcements on 5.6 seem much more sporadic, and more infrequent? Also, when I have been on Test, i don't think I have seen more than 7 players on at one time, and I tested quite a bit this weekend, especially Saturday. 

Edited by Doomshadow

This test cycle has been different from the others. It feels extremely closed off.
The communication on what when how and why has also trickled down to almost nothing. 
I am not liking the change one bit.

6 minutes ago, srathor said:

This test cycle has been different from the others. It feels extremely closed off.
The communication on what when how and why has also trickled down to almost nothing. 

Yeah, it's frustrating. I don't care if there isn't a campaign up, but I don't understand why we are completely locked out. Did they just forget to bring it back up after the recent patch?

39 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Yeah, it's frustrating. I don't care if there isn't a campaign up, but I don't understand why we are completely locked out. Did they just forget to bring it back up after the recent patch?

I'm guessing they are using the TEST server for internal testing which is why they lock us out. Sure, its nice to keep our training up to date, but its not really a development priority.

Patch 5.6 has stability issues, with frequent server crashes, which I imagine they are trying to fix before asking testers to jump into it for more testing.

2 hours ago, srathor said:

Agreed. Communication could be a lot better, that's for sure. I didn't even realize that testing access had been expanded to Beta 1 "Pioneer Pack" until I randomly tried to log on an alt account on a whim. 
That said... I am taking it the servers are still down with no idea if/when they will come online?

Nothing in News and Announcements 5.6 since 5-3, and that was after very little news for the server being down for almost a week right after Alpha 2(which I am part of) got access. No mention of this recent rash of issues on the forums either. 

On 5/14/2018 at 3:18 PM, Hyriol said:

I'd much rather see a system where players are able to choose the order of recipe unlocks to better suit their chosen role within the profession.  A player might want to be a Macecrafter (1h and 2h) - he could unlock only those recipes, then focus on assembly, experimentation, etc.  Two Blacksmiths might want to work together (It's a group game, after all), for example, one does swords, the other does axes . 

That is a good idea, would definitely support that approach - choices are always fun.

New build 5/17:

- no sound

- Plentiful 5 on slag gives me 1-2 doobers per node.  PH4 on R2 silver gives me the expected 5-6.

- There are 3 trees sharing the same physical space at 667.5 3034.5

- The first mob I fought (risen grunt) didn't fight back at all.  All the rest did.

- FPS has dropped from previous 5.6 builds.  I was sitting at 60fps earlier in 5.6.  Today I was averaging 45, back where I was in 5.5

- Combat feels laggy.  It may just be that the flytext is significantly delayed - it seems to start 2-3s after it should.