Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Frostweaver possibly a pet class?

Nakawe

Game could do with a pet class honestly, it’s something drastically different. Perhaps a pet bar as well.

the alternative is we get a ice version of the confessor which seems hella boring.

Edited by izkimar

10 minutes ago, Nakawe said:

Why else would they be spending art time on an ice elemental?  I hate pet classes.......

seemed to me to be more of a themetic link rather than implying they were a pet class - but i guess time will tell.

39 minutes ago, izkimar said:

Game could do with a pet class honestly, it’s something drastically different. Perhaps a pet bar as well.

the alternative is we get a ice version of the confessor which seems hella boring.

I was under the impression that pet classes was part of Kick-Starter for everyone?  Combat Enabled pets was a stretch-goal...

Edited by Nakawe

1 hour ago, Nakawe said:

I was under the impression that pet classes was part of Kick-Starter for everyone?  Combat Enabled pets was a stretch-goal...

I have a feeling they’ll go back on this. Look at performance now, now imagine everyone running around with pets. Yea...

2 hours ago, Tinnis said:

i presume the elementals will be NPC monsters in the world and/or possibly a 'summon discipline' available to anyone.

Ya, I wouldn't mind seeing them on a discipline.  

I wouldn't take the elemental art to be anything more than aligning aesthetics when relating to the development of FW.

It does make me wonder if we will see earth elementalism brought into any of the classes or disciplines. The other three seem well covered by classes atm. If I was being really optimistic it would be cool to see Major Disciplines acting like two haves of a sub class and putting them together giving you more abilities based on the interplay. Maybe Mudman and something else, make you an Earthen Elementalist? Segway, my bad.

Anyways, from what we have seen in the past up until now, it would appear that FW may have a more "blade" aethetic when relating to combat. We once saw them with a chain scythe and now with magical frost daggers. I almost get an esper vibe but I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it is just my suspicion that they will use a focus for their starting weapon. /shrug

Hopefully we get a taste soon and the speculation can end! Though I do enjoy it :)

• 2 months later...

A pet for any class would just make it so rendering would become harder for both server and client so 20 people with pets is like rendering 40 people. While the fantasy idea of pets is a cool idea I am not sure it would be a good idea if it affects the FPS in a negative way. If they can make it so pets do not affect the FPS at all, then I am all in 100% for pets.