Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Akisaqt

The player vs environment

In crowfall i realize the game is early access, but with the core development and ideas of the game... i believe you guys could add some very interesting ways to obtain gear through different solo "boss" encounters that drop cool matts you could use to develope the game... as well as i believe the talent system sorta thing that is using the timed based leveling is good in some ways... but it makes little sense... i feel as if its almost better to wait for a week or two and let my skills develope before even entering the game... I wish you could do interactive things inside of worlds to level different traits... and class skills and traits should be gained through leveling your specific character... i also believe you should have characters you can play through all servers and kingdoms instead of making a new one every time... it would make more sense. I would rather devote my time to my one character i can become connected with, rather than making a new one every time i connect to something new... it kills feeling mmorpgs give when you get top of the line gear, like boss armor or whatever you would want to call it. maybe have like a character selection and then join different kingdoms... however from what i've seen the game has kinda small worlds... and some seem to be official? and unofficial? I believe the community would work marvelously if  every 3 months or so a new map is created, but have the map be unique and large enough to support a big amount of players. and have specific things to fight over, not just control of the world... so you can collect specific resources. I don't know the exact goal of the game... however I think there can be a solid world that is similar to a big mmorpg world, that gives the game feeling and a story... 

you'll have skills but won't have the materials. you can still fight without advanced gear, basic gear is pretty good (it'll suck for testing because others have high end advanced).

your crow is what you connect with. the character you play is similar to a toothbrush. the character is a tool for your crow.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

next time try to sort out your wall of text, its hard reading through that bulk of words 

On 6.5.2018 at 8:01 PM, Akisaqt said:

i believe you guys could add some very interesting ways to obtain gear through different solo "boss" encounters that drop cool matts you could use to develope the game

once we have seasons and with that monsters changing over the course of a map it will be similar, approaching winter we should have some hefty mobs out in the world

that was discussed before and alot people agreed that having world bosses that are just massive stat machines would be a good addition to introduce, adding lots to the gameplay

and class skills and traits should be gained through leveling your specific character

thats why we have the whole time based skill system, no? so we dont have to spend ages just grinding for skills

i also believe you should have characters you can play through all servers and kingdoms instead of making a new one every time... it would make more sense. I would rather devote my time to my one character i can become connected with, rather than making a new one every time i connect to something new

your crow will be "eternal", and you will be able to take skills etc with you, your "body" is just another item that adds stats (and upgrading your vessel to legendary or something like that will presumably be very hard).

it kills feeling mmorpgs give when you get top of the line gear, like boss armor or whatever you would want to call it.

thats the whole point of crowfall, that you cant relax once you get decked out, you need to keep chasing the high

yes it feels weird not having your "character" with you, but now you have your "crow"(soul) which will keep skills etc, just because no mmo has done it before is not interfering with the premise of a great fantasy game

however from what i've seen the game has kinda small worlds... and some seem to be official? and unofficial?

not sure where you are getting that info from but ACE will go big with their maps

I believe the community would work marvelously if  every 3 months or so a new map is created, but have the map be unique and large enough to support a big amount of players. and have specific things to fight over, not just control of the world... so you can collect specific resources. I don't know the exact goal of the game... however I think there can be a solid world that is similar to a big mmorpg world, that gives the game feeling and a story... 

not to be offensive but you dont seem to have done your research on crowfall at all, all of those questions are answered and theres ton of dev. content about it

you said it yourself, "I don't know the exact goal of the game" so i advise you to just dig a little on the website and in the forums

6XZoThV.jpg