Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewt

Nobody playing?

1 hour ago, DocHollidaze said:

What vendors? In EK's? That is one of the big problems. Without more market knowledge and awareness of what is for sale and where it can be bought, a larger economy will never develop.

Yes in EKs, players with shops open generally have something saying as much in their EK description. It's been so slow the last couple weeks that most of the big ones other than ours (LFG Bazaar) have been offline, but there are still a few.

It's not difficult to see who has what for sale just by visiting and saving the ones with things you like to favorites. I will agree that without some way to filter the EK list it is tedious though, going through a list of a hundred offline worlds to find the two or three that are actually open is NOT fun.

26 minutes ago, KatzeWeiss said:

It's not difficult to see who has what for sale just by visiting and saving the ones with things you like to favorites. I will agree that without some way to filter the EK list it is tedious though, going through a list of a hundred offline worlds to find the two or three that are actually open is NOT fun.

Precisely, which is why nothing will be different in 5.6

I have yet to see a response to my questions elsewhere about whether or not ACE intends to include in the roadmap some work on the user interface for EK's and trade.

If they don't address it, my opinion is that there will be no "in-game" economy when this game soft launches.

4 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

I have yet to see a response to my questions elsewhere about whether or not ACE intends to include in the roadmap some work on the user interface for EK's and trade.

If they don't address it, my opinion is that there will be no "in-game" economy when this game soft launches.

I agree with this, but I think it would also be helpful to have some kind of marketplace on the forums to both help people facilitate material sourcing without having to log on, and also to help organize things without clogging up your in-game UI, at least until they find an effective in-game way to sort things in a useful way.

Blair has talked about this since the Kickstarter: in his ideal vision, people will develop a reputation for being the best at a particular thing, and people who need that thing will seek those people out to commission work. I'd like to see that implemented as well as it was in games like SWG, and it would also be nice to see some more immediate benefits to having people using things that you crafted, again like in SWG. But so far, you are correct that an actual roadmap is not present, and one would be welcome.

Edit: also, the video from today may have given us an inkling of how we would actually access the marketplaces in-game, without having to lobby-hop 40 times to get all the things we need to make a suit of armor.

https://youtu.be/UcRG5XwwNEE?t=2m15s

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

1 hour ago, goose said:

I agree with this, but I think it would also be helpful to have some kind of marketplace on the forums to both help people facilitate material sourcing without having to log on, and also to help organize things without clogging up your in-game UI, at least until they find an effective in-game way to sort things in a useful way.

I have a mind to help with that, but I don't want to sink effort into a project if ACE is just going to make it redundant in the near future. Hence, why I ask ACE if there is a roadmap item for improving the EK user interface to facilitate trade and marketeering.

8 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

Well, even if they don't take steps towards fixing the issue of being able to have a sustainable "in-game" economy through making crafters/harvesters EK's easier to find, then it is in the players hands to advertise and promote themselves. Currently with how the game is from what everyone is saying, its hard to do that currently and doesn't exactly serve a point...yet. Other than to maybe get your name out there early?

Seems kinda like it will be back to "LTB"/"LTS" sort of ad's and other things needing to be done by players themselves, for the moment. Could see Reddit being a good place for communicating to players en masse over just forums as well. 

But it would save a lot of hassle if ACE did put in a means of sorting EK's by specific things you are looking for. This seems like a 'both paths should be tread at the same time' sort of thing, as having both players organizing themselves AND ACE working to make it easier to find EK's you are looking for, it could only lead to working well together I think.

I'm a newb, so, this just seems like logical sense. Might be I am totally wrong about it. 

Edited by Theoval

One thing to note  is you cannot see how many people are online in their personal Eternal Kingdoms either.  Many people test builds and pvp on their own EKs to test builds and be in a chill environment.  There is little to gain in the campaigns with fighting at the moment so it can feel empty.  I would suggest getting on Crowfall Discord and talking in Global and see where the action is!  I can assure you a lot of people probably hanging out in EK's.

@that_eriksson for IG and Twitter http://youtube.com/c/ThatEriksson

On 5/7/2018 at 7:52 PM, VileOne said:

I hope so. I'm not referring to guilds like Winterblades either. If you've been around the block, and I know many of you have - you know how much of a problem the impending CN horde is going to be for all of us. If necromancy is a must-have in it's current state at early access, they will do everything they can to lock us out. That is my concern, not the guilds that currently enjoy this advantage with 40 active members. You are a drop in the bucket.

Well one thing to remember is right now at 10x skill progression, most vessels won't even be available at launch.  So many people who are killing it after 4 weeks, we still be using basic and intermediate weapons, tools, armor, etc.  So yes after 4 years someone who just starts will be at a disadvantage, but isn't that every game.  Larger guilds will always have an advantage because more people means more resources acquired.  But it also means larger equipment requirements.  There is a balance, it's just hard to see right now cause you have many people running around solo, which means you have pvprs smashing harvesters.  So all the harvesters are crying so they leave.  And then all the pvprs are crying cause no one is around.  Very rarely do you have two pvprs find and fight each other in open battle.  Sure there are some who will go and find a corner/ek to do battle to test, but in campaign rarely is it pvp vrs pvp... usually it's pvp vrs harvester/crafter.  Which is equivalent to special ops vrs house wife.

Killerkat

support expert

www.infernalgamers.com

On 5/7/2018 at 9:52 PM, VileOne said:

I hope so. I'm not referring to guilds like Winterblades either. If you've been around the block, and I know many of you have - you know how much of a problem the impending CN horde is going to be for all of us. If necromancy is a must-have in it's current state at early access, they will do everything they can to lock us out. That is my concern, not the guilds that currently enjoy this advantage with 40 active members. You are a drop in the bucket.

Calm down with that Shadowbane racism.  Can we let irony of that statement sink in for a moment.  You probably shouldn't refer to all Asian players as the "impending Chinese (CN) hordes", don't be petty because they won Shadowbane.  I don't even think there is an Asian distributor at this point so you can sleep safely for now.  Lastly, don't shame somebody because they were better organized, had less infighting and were capable of perusing a goal as a group instead of the individualism of NA players preventing them every really controlling a server.  People who lose and blame their enemies are in for a rough time of it. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 5/8/2018 at 5:04 PM, goose said:

Blair has talked about this since the Kickstarter: in his ideal vision, people will develop a reputation for being the best at a particular thing, and people who need that thing will seek those people out to commission work. I'd like to see that implemented as well as it was in games like SWG, and it would also be nice to see some more immediate benefits to having people using things that you crafted, again like in SWG. But so far, you are correct that an actual roadmap is not present, and one would be welcome.

Edit: also, the video from today may have given us an inkling of how we would actually access the marketplaces in-game, without having to lobby-hop 40 times to get all the things we need to make a suit of armor.

https://youtu.be/UcRG5XwwNEE?t=2m15s

Ah...you bring back the stressful memories at SWG launch to logging into to tell flood after tell flood.  I went full-on bio-engineer and my friend tailor and since we played like 20 hours a day we were soon the only ones making what people wanted from our trades.  Even raising prices and pushing back delivery dates, demand didn't let up.  Finally there was nothing we even wanted to charge, so we took a two day vacation and went and shot noob mobs with our starter pistols lol.

5 hours ago, Arcadi said:

Ah...you bring back the stressful memories at SWG launch to logging into to tell flood after tell flood.  I went full-on bio-engineer and my friend tailor and since we played like 20 hours a day we were soon the only ones making what people wanted from our trades.  Even raising prices and pushing back delivery dates, demand didn't let up.  Finally there was nothing we even wanted to charge, so we took a two day vacation and went and shot noob mobs with our starter pistols lol.

Ha. I actually didn't know it was quite so hectic at the launch of SWG; my experience with their marketplace is all secondhand, and after things had chilled out a bit, apparently.

But even still, if the market behaves anything like that at launch, it'd probably be considered a resounding success, so stressful or not, fingers crossed? xD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.