Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reasons to stick with daggers?

Cockleburr

I have found the Master of Daggers rune to be underwhelming so far, but I am still very undergeared. I assume the main advantage is the healing debuff from Slow Demise. What is the percentage of healing reduced by Slow Demise, and the duration? Also does it stack with the healing debuff from Black Mask?

I like daggers thematically so I'd love to hear from more experienced Assassins on why they are useful compared to some of the other weapon disciplines, axes and rapiers look particularly tempting.

1 hour ago, Cockleburr said:

I have found the Master of Daggers rune to be underwhelming so far, but I am still very undergeared. I assume the main advantage is the healing debuff from Slow Demise. What is the percentage of healing reduced by Slow Demise, and the duration? Also does it stack with the healing debuff from Black Mask?

I like daggers thematically so I'd love to hear from more experienced Assassins on why they are useful compared to some of the other weapon disciplines, axes and rapiers look particularly tempting.

I'm not sure if the dagger attack speed is in game yet, when it is the faster attack speed would probably confer some tactical advantages.

Honestly the weapon usage on the assassin comes down to what role you want to play. I think assassin have a variety of good choices to choose from daggers, maces, axes. The life steal from the daggers honestly isn't bad as is the heal debuff that come with the master of daggers can useful depending on your play style.

If they do implement weapon speed that could be a game changer in terms of what weapons we choose to equip.

• 2 weeks later...

More then likely they will add a "piercing only damage" stipulation to backstab and ambush to prevent great sword backstabbing (which was a thing in the early days of SB).

As far as Mastery of Daggers, the most lack luster thing about it is the passive. Lifesteal was amazing with the RNG defense system of Shadowbane but i don't think it will have the same effect with this mitigation type defense.

All and all though brother i wouldn't worry about it. With all the viable major disciplines available (i count 7) to be tested i don't think there will be a shortage of skills on your bar

What i would suggest ACE strive to make all the skills "equally effective in different situation" though. In Shadowbane every class had skills you just wouldn't train because from a balance prospective they just weren't worth spending the points on compared to more well tuned skills, which always begged the question "why even have them?".