Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Theoval

AOT: Too Many Soldiers, Not Enough Coal Miners.

Recommended Posts

As Blazzen said, with VIP you will get two professions, the second training at a slower rate...   The Killers will go combat and harvesting, the Explorers will go harvesting and combat, the Achievers will go Crafting and Harvesting, and the Socializers will die a horrible death as is their due.   The main point is that when there isn't a fight or just after a big fight which usually surrounds either a harvest point or a fort/keep with crafting benches, players amped from the win will need that focused leadership to say...  "Get to work scumbags" and everyone picks the area clean, getting the motherlode minerals, the higher end materials for that better set of gear or the crafters take advantage of the newly won keep to bring in supplies to the keeps safe chests so they can get to work on new gear (sounds like keep benches will have a buff making them better than EK crafting benches.)   If you PvP and win a battle and then fail to utilize the lull to grab everything in sight that isn't nailed down you are failing to crush...   there are plenty of PvP focused players who, high on the kick of winning a battle that will have enough skill to go grab some nodes although some or those with no VIP and combat training can go scout the enemy regroup  or patrol for enemies to secure the area.

The motivation of the group is usually stronger than the individual motivations of its members...   if your guild is all fighters who don't care to harvest ever, or craft of that is their choice, is a failure of leadership and recruiting by the group, not a failure of the game.

Our guild is organized and has leaders to push for each piece that is needed to win, does yours?

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

                                                        Sugoi - Senpai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 1:21 PM, Theoval said:

Too Many Soldiers, Not Enough Coal Miners.

It will only be a problem if they don't get the balance right. There are definitely players that enjoy full time crafting or harvesting in games where it's possible. However,  if the CF playerbase focus is split like 50% combat/30% crafting/20% harvesting (example I made up!) then that 20% needs to be able to supply the other 80% or the game loop won't work well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frykka said:

Our guild is organized and has leaders to push for each piece that is needed to win, does yours?

 

Since I am the one scouting out this game for my discord buddies, I can't exactly say its a guild, more of a conglomeration of friends playing together. Whom the majority have now written off considering what I have explained to them, its just not their cup of tea. :P I'm gonna play it at least, even if they don't.

Otherwise, good on you and your guild, seems like y'all treat it like 'spr srs bisnis' to win at this game. Goodluck to your group!

1 hour ago, miraluna said:

It will only be a problem if they don't get the balance right. There are definitely players that enjoy full time crafting or harvesting in games where it's possible. However,  if the CF playerbase focus is split like 50% combat/30% crafting/20% harvesting (example I made up!) then that 20% needs to be able to supply the other 80% or the game loop won't work well.

Yeah, this is-and was-my worry too. But considering the responses I have gotten, and been able to poke around for info in Albion(Which mirrors some of this game in some ways), I have less worry about it now and have just resigned myself to see what happens once launch rolls around and react to things as they come. Thanks for the reply. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Theoval don’t let it worry you.  Remember that only a small fraction of the intended base actually tests.  The worlds should be larger as with the population.  There will be supply and there will be demand.  The best advice that I would offer is to start interacting in game now and establish those relationships.  

You will die, a lot and horribly but that’s the point.  People get ganked harvesting and exploring and quit instead of learning from their mistakes.  Make some friends, harvest some resources, craft some gear and fight some battles.  Good luck and have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved Albion enjoyed for a while but crowfall broad spectrum of things to learn make it a more specialized game you can be ok in all thing or be really great at one.

Trees for Life!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you have to split between Combat and exploring or crafting you will always be atleast somewhat useful.

 

As far as Frykkas comment above about the second skill training slower on VIP, I really hope they don't do this, it should train at the same rate. All that will do is incentivize buying two accounts as opposed to VIP, which will lose them revenue after the 3 month period.

Edited by Vonsnazzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...