Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

One Question Please. Do Artcraft Want To Build Community Like Uo Did Or They Want To Build Community Like Most Casual Game Have?

I am really sorry to write that and it is only my personal opinion. For me the game which I was so exited to play becoming more and more casual with every new announcement. Instanced kingdoms, no FFA everywhere, no full loot everywhere. Even the clan I played DFO with not checking updates here anymore. The B2P and ingame shop also another move to the direction of casual games. I wish I am wrong but I want to hear UO and DFO players, what do you think? 

Look, bassa, we're cut from the same cloth. I like my PvP and my full loot to be everywhere. every. where. With that said you know as well as I do that if this game was 100% Dregs, it would be a failure. As much as I hate to say it, you have to give the carebears a little. But think about it, out of no where an awesome PvP-centric title is being made by people who seem to know what they're doing and are doing things well. It has a decent following and has not only an impressive and unique design perspective inspired by Shadowbane of all things, but even a confidence inspiring pricing program. If someone asked you a year ago if this was going to be a thing, you'd have probably laughed at them. I would have. When was the last time we even had a mediorcre PvP title come onto the horizon? 2009, with Tasos ruining everything. So, don't lose hope. In order to be a wolf, we have to have some sheep, and thus some sheep dogs to fight. Sheep like shinies and trophies and housing, I like the dickblood and tears of people who like trophies. The compromises you lament over are necessary.

I am really sorry to write that and it is only my personal opinion. For me the game which I was so exited to play becoming more and more casual with every new announcement. Instanced kingdoms, no FFA everywhere, no full loot everywhere. Even the clan I played DFO with not checking updates here anymore. The B2P and ingame shop also another move to the direction of casual games. I wish I am wrong but I want to hear UO and DFO players, what do you think? 

Why do you need to be able to FFA and full loot in some one-off personal server?  In the realms where people are actually playing the real game, I believe that some will be FFA and full loot.  I suspect there will be varying rules for the realms, though, so that people have a variety of options on where to play.  So long as at least one of the realms has the UO feel to it, what is there to complain about?  Does the entire game have to cater to your fancy for it not be labeled a "casual game?"  I love FFA/full loot as much as most people that have come from DFUW or UO... but let's not be overly selfish here.

My point exactly. So, be critical, be constructive, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Tailoring the entire game to suit how you or even I may feel isn't going to make a good game. PKing in UO was fun because other people wanted to have online tea parties and chop wood, and the game allowed for that. A shard composed of nothing but reds gangbanging eachother is less of a virtual world and more of an arena game, an arena game with a population orders of magnitude smaller than one which allows for multiple play styles.

Edited by flex

Look, bassa, we're cut from the same cloth. I like my PvP and my full loot to be everywhere. every. where. With that said you know as well as I do that if this game was 100% Dregs, it would be a failure. As much as I hate to say it, you have to give the carebears a little. But think about it, out of no where an awesome PvP-centric title is being made by people who seem to know what they're doing and are doing things well. It has a decent following and has not only an impressive and unique design perspective inspired by Shadowbane of all things, but even a confidence inspiring pricing program. If someone asked you a year ago if this was going to be a thing, you'd have probably laughed at them. I would have. When was the last time we even had a mediorcre PvP title come onto the horizon? 2009, with Tasos ruining everything. So, don't lose hope. In order to be a wolf, we have to have some sheep, and thus some sheep dogs to fight. Sheep like shinies and trophies and housing, I like the dickblood and tears of people who like trophies. The compromises you lament over are necessary.

Uhmm. I can tell you one short story. Since DFO was pretty hardcore game in my first clan we had few people whining about Safe Zone, I mean they wanted to have it, they wanted PvP to be more casual, they wanted less abilities, they wanted no macro progression, they wanted quests. These things are implemented in DFUW and? Where they are? They played it for 1 week - 2 months and gone. To another game. Same to GW2 community. They play for 1-2 months and going to another game of that kind. Sooner or later PvE and casual content in this game would be not sufficient for them and they will leave CF. We have 1 stable game of that kind WoW and it is not that casual to be honest. PvP became easier than it used to be but still no limitation on abilities and no F2P. Other games shine bright and dies soon. 

So you're buttmad you can't grief 75% of the population out of the game 30 days after launch?

I was not mean to you and havent said antything offensive, I asked UO and DFO players. So be kind write in normal way or just leave the topic.

So you're buttmad you can't grief 75% of the population out of the game 30 days after launch?

Well....I am.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

You can only play one character at a time and that character cannot be on every planet.  So if you're playing on one of the inner planets in a campaign with FFA PvP then why does what happens on another planet impact you?

Not being snide - just wondering why the entire game has to fit one specific set of rules when you're only going to be playing on one planet that actually has the set of rules you want?  Why does FFA Full Loot PvP have to be on every planet when you are limited by the laws of physics (ingame and out of game) to only be in one place ingame at a time and that place has what you want.

Uhmm. I can tell you one short story. Since DFO was pretty hardcore game in my first clan we had few people whining about Safe Zone, I mean they wanted to have it, they wanted PvP to be more casual, they wanted less abilities, they wanted no macro progression, they wanted quests. These things are implemented in DFUW and? Where they are? They played it for 1 week - 2 months and gone. To another game. Same to GW2 community. They play for 1-2 months and going to another game of that kind. Sooner or later PvE and casual content in this game would be not sufficient for them and they will leave CF. We have 1 stable game of that kind WoW and it is not that casual to be honest. PvP became easier than it used to be but still no limitation on abilities and no F2P. Other games shine bright and dies soon. 

Due to how Crowfall seems to function you can't really compare it to DFO or GW2 or WOW for that matter. EVE is a more apt compairison. The cycle of campaigns, each with a newly generated map, the assurance B2P to keep people coming back should they depart, and a deep character customization system without the grind of typical MMOs negates most of your compairisons, IMHO. But at the end of the day, some gamers tend to just hop from one title to the next, its a element of the age of Steam, its human psychology, etc and no game, no matter how good, will change that to a large degree for certain demographic groups. With that said I'd wager the bulk of Crowfall's supporters are around age 30 or above and therefore tend to be more stable in their gaming selections and the time devoted therein.

Edited by flex

To be fair, you can grief 100% of the population on at least 1 of the servers 30 days after launch.

*makes a note to avoid playing a campaign that Dawgs4 is in.

*makes a note to avoid playing a campaign that Dawgs4 is in.

lol.  I'm a crafter.  Terrible at PVP.  My best attribute is being a pincushion and arrow soaker in support of my allies.  

I'm definitely not a griefer, either.  I love FFA PVP and full loot games, but not the type of people that grief.  Unfortunately you have to put up with those types in the type of game I like.

Due to how Crowfall seems to function you can't really compare it to DFO or GW2 or WOW for that matter. EVE is a more apt compairison. The cycle of campaigns, each with a newly generated map, the assurance B2P to keep people coming back should they depart, and a deep character customization system without the grind of typical MMOs negates your compairisons, IMHO.

But grind is the one of the best things to keep people playing. Isnt it? Pointless PvP isnt better. It becomes boring. Can also show it on DFO's example. Compare population when we had normal skill gain in DF and x10? I remember the times when there were more than 20 players macriong on the golem and most of them were not AFK. So it was possible to have PvP there 24/7. After all that whine about skill gain needed to be increased where did all the whiners go? They left the game when maxed chars, some left even before. But the ones who used that low skill gain rate to have PvP and fun got less PvP spots. My own and our clan's gameplay became something like "playing LoL and waiting for something"