Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Telonos

Looking for tips/suggestions for UI text issues

Hello all,

I know additional UI tweaks are in the works for future builds, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how I might make my UI a little easier to read. (Apologies in advance if this is a noobish question, I just haven't had any luck finding resources on this or figuring it out for myself, kind of at my wit's end so I figured I'd throw it out there in case I'm missing something obvious...) 

A little background: I use a 27" LCD tv as my primary monitor (using a DVI connection. My normal desktop resolution is 1360 x 768). I know this is a somewhat unusual setup, but it's what I have and it's worked fine for most games and applications (I've never really had any issues with any modern MMOs). However, with Crowfall, some elements of the UI, mainly the text, look really blurry, small, or hard to read. This is most obvious in the crafting window (see screenshot. I can't even read the text for some of the required components)

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might address this? Thanks for taking the time to read this far, any help would be appreciated!

kYfvkqy.png

Wow, that looks really bad.

The only thing i can think of is the UI zooming we have a the bottom-right corner. I mean, i have no idea if it makes any difference but since you didn't mention trying it. Worth trying...

Yeaaaah, now that you mention it does look like part of my screen is getting cut off along the edge; my character sheet is actually going off screen a bit. I can't see the UI zoom you're referring to since I think it's either covered up by the character sheet, or below it and off the screen. That would certainly explain why I never saw it before XD I'll see what I can do to fix that, thanks very much for the insight! (see, didn't even know there was a UI zoom button there at all lol)

Yeah, I've tried changing the resolution a few times; 1360 x 768 is the max I can go and anything lower will just make everything super blurry in windowed full screen mode.  In windowed mode it will make the window smaller, and based on that and looking at some other screenshots/videos I've seen of other folks UI, it looks like mine is not cutting off or anything. So I'm wondering if maybe they just got rid of the slider? And if so...whyyyy XD

As a side note, changing the resolution and going to windowed mode instead of windowed full screen doesn't help the text at all, if anything it makes it worse. So I'm thinking that maybe this is just a quirk of my setup and this is probably just telling me I need to get a new monitor and stop being a cheap bastard.

Hmm. Will keep working on it, thanks guys!

Edit: Oh, and also, to be clear, I'm referring to the current Live environment, as I don't have access to Test yet (I don't think I do, at least. I haven't checked it in a while. Which is fine, I prefer to wait til things are on Live anyway.)

Edited by Telonos

ACE mentioned on a stream they are undergoing a UI pass. The UI for this game has a few issues, but I don't think it'll be a priority issue until the game is about to softlaunch.  

3 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

They did remove the slider some time ago.  I believe the plan is to add scale to individual UI elements instead of the entire UI at once (which is what the old slider did).  Unfortunately this is probably one we just have to wait on a for a while longer.

Ahh, that makes sense then. I'm fine with waiting, thanks for the response! (individual elements would be better than the whole thing at once, so that's worth waiting for)

3 hours ago, Telonos said:

Hello all,

I know additional UI tweaks are in the works for future builds, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how I might make my UI a little easier to read. (Apologies in advance if this is a noobish question, I just haven't had any luck finding resources on this or figuring it out for myself, kind of at my wit's end so I figured I'd throw it out there in case I'm missing something obvious...) 

A little background: I use a 27" LCD tv as my primary monitor (using a DVI connection. My normal desktop resolution is 1360 x 768). I know this is a somewhat unusual setup, but it's what I have and it's worked fine for most games and applications (I've never really had any issues with any modern MMOs). However, with Crowfall, some elements of the UI, mainly the text, look really blurry, small, or hard to read. This is most obvious in the crafting window (see screenshot. I can't even read the text for some of the required components)

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might address this? Thanks for taking the time to read this far, any help would be appreciated!

kYfvkqy.png

i've been telling them this for years

at a resolution of less than 1080p the text becomes blurry and has character rendering and scaling issues. [way more than it really should]

even at 1080p these "crafting text areas" really struggle too

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png