Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndaraTsukuyomi

Learning useless skills?

I'm pretty new in the game but I started to grow my skills a few. I'm mainly focus on exploration and crafting as I'm moreless a pacifist Templar.
I've put several timebank-stacked hours in Blacksmithing and Runemaking to craft my own awesome equipment. But in order to fulfill entirely these trees, I had to put some hours in "Thralls" and "Salvaging". I've find few informations on what Thralls are, sounds great, but I didn't find any informations about are they currently implemented or not, such as salvaging. Usually it's written [NYI] on skills that are not yet implemented, but those I talked about earlier are not mentionned as NYI.

So are they or not?

Blessings,

sJEe27y.jpg

1 hour ago, AndaraTsukuyomi said:

I'm pretty new in the game but I started to grow my skills a few. I'm mainly focus on exploration and crafting as I'm moreless a pacifist Templar.
I've put several timebank-stacked hours in Blacksmithing and Runemaking to craft my own awesome equipment. But in order to fulfill entirely these trees, I had to put some hours in "Thralls" and "Salvaging". I've find few informations on what Thralls are, sounds great, but I didn't find any informations about are they currently implemented or not, such as salvaging. Usually it's written [NYI] on skills that are not yet implemented, but those I talked about earlier are not mentionned as NYI.

So are they or not?

Howdy.

First, you don't have to fill a tree completely to move onto the next one.  The messaging isn't clear, but you can get to the next tree with a % of the previous tree filled out.

Second. Many/most skills will be capped so that there will be multiple ways to the highest value.  You may find that spending your training time on other things than maxing out a particular tree is more efficient.

Third:  NIY (Not In Yet) is a symptom of the state of the test. (Don't make the mistake of thinking this a game yet), things are being built out, and placeholders are there for where they want to put stuff later.  

Fourth: All your time spent training right now technically wasted.  We are getting wiped skills in 5.6, and again at least once before launch.  I would however anticipate at least 3 more skill wipes before then, then you won't be disappointed.

Now is the time to play around and discover what you can, maybe learn a few things about the combat system as they build it.  Now it not the time to try to win, or worry about wasted training time.

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Howdy.

First, you don't have to fill a tree completely to move onto the next one.  The messaging isn't clear, but you can get to the next tree with a % of the previous tree filled out.

Yeah I know but for the better stats in Blacksmithing it is better that I fulfill the tree as the last skill trainable is unlockd only if the ones just before are fully trained, so i went through all of them.

Second. Many/most skills will be capped so that there will be multiple ways to the highest value.  You may find that spending your training time on other things than maxing out a particular tree is more efficient.

But for now I get in Blacksmithing by doing that way, if it will be capped, what worth training if what i'm currently doing will be over the cap?

Third:  NIY (Not In Yet) is a symptom of the state of the test. (Don't make the mistake of thinking this a game yet), things are being built out, and placeholders are there for where they want to put stuff later.

I totally agree with what you say, but if I want to spend my training time in the most of possible skill that can be useful, if I train niy skill it is a bit sad

2 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Fourth: All your time spent training right now technically wasted.  We are getting wiped skills in 5.6, and again at least once before launch.  I would however anticipate at least 3 more skill wipes before then, then you won't be disappointed.

Now is the time to play around and discover what you can, maybe learn a few things about the combat system as they build it.  Now it not the time to try to win, or worry about wasted training time.

It's not my first early access game in pre-alpha, i went through some until today, I know the feeling of being wiped and starting there's no trouble for me that will happening, but I really want to enjoy the current patch, I'm a custard farmer you know, I love reach the further I can even i get wiped after that. I don't worry about winning, I worry about effeciency  ;)

Ty for your advices, in some ways that still helped me :)

Blessings,

sJEe27y.jpg

It is also helpful to know that you will want to finish the basic crafting tree if you plan on crafting because those stats do add some value when you move into advanced crafting trees. Making crafting gear will also help in crafting usable gear. 

One note of caution though if you plan on gathering out in the campaign the difference between a trained combat character and non-trained combat character is massive and you will not stand much of a chance against a trained combat person.

34 minutes ago, AndaraTsukuyomi said:

Yeah I know but for the better stats in Blacksmithing it is better that I fulfill the tree as the last skill trainable is unlockd only if the ones just before are fully trained, so i went through all of them.

But for now I get in Blacksmithing by doing that way, if it will be capped, what worth training if what i'm currently doing will be over the cap?

I totally agree with what you say, but if I want to spend my training time in the most of possible skill that can be useful, if I train niy skill it is a bit sad

It's not my first early access game in pre-alpha, i went through some until today, I know the feeling of being wiped and starting there's no trouble for me that will happening, but I really want to enjoy the current patch, I'm a custard farmer you know, I love reach the further I can even i get wiped after that. I don't worry about winning, I worry about effeciency  ;)

Ty for your advices, in some ways that still helped me :)

Routes to Cap are not just the skill tree.

There are stats you can have equipment crafted for, and there are disciplines. So you may get to cap quicker by going all in on early training, vessel, gear, and disciplines.

After you have trained out more, maybe you can drop the discipline.

Then finally maybe you don't need the best gear, or even all gear devoted to the skill.

So what it sounds like is your are using training to reach training cap as quickly as possible.  That will reduce your dependency on gear and disciplines for your very specific goal, but may cost you some training time on "useless" skills. 

On 5/14/2018 at 2:31 PM, ZeFx said:

It is also helpful to know that you will want to finish the basic crafting tree if you plan on crafting because those stats do add some value when you move into advanced crafting trees. Making crafting gear will also help in crafting usable gear. 

One note of caution though if you plan on gathering out in the campaign the difference between a trained combat character and non-trained combat character is massive and you will not stand much of a chance against a trained combat person.

Its always fun right after a skill wipe, when you remember that all the harvesters can actually hurt you again and nobody has good gear (or any gear for the first day or two)

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"