Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

ok just joined you all after following for quite some time and have to say its quite a refreshing change..really enjoying it and can see huge potential

one issue, when you create a vessel (character) it asks for a name but then in game it uses your account name, why is this?

also, i really dont want to be running about with my account name, anyway this can be changed to a more relevant character type name?

it maybe should warn players about this 

cheers all

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rubyhorse2 said:

ok just joined you all after following for quite some time and have to say its quite a refreshing change..really enjoying it and can see huge potential

one issue, when you create a vessel (character) it asks for a name but then in game it uses your account name, why is this?

also, i really dont want to be running about with my account name, anyway this can be changed to a more relevant character type name?

it maybe should warn players about this 

cheers all

Welcome to the forums.

Your shown ingame name is (and will always be) your account name. No hiding in Crowfall. ;) The vessel names are only for your own convinience, so you know which body is which one.

For those who unfortunately chose an unfortunate account name: You can ask support@crowfall.com ONCE to change your account name (so choose wisely). It is recommended to list three names (most favorite first), in case the others are are already used.

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] (or any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Welcome to the forums.

Your shown ingame name is (and will always be) your account name. No hiding in Crowfall. ;) The vessel names are only for your own convinience, so you know which body is which one.

For those who unfortunately chose an unfortunate account name: You can ask support@crowfall.com ONCE to change your account name (so choose wisely). It is recommended to list three names (most favorite first), in case the others are are already used.

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

Thumbs up on that.  No character name bouncing to hide asshattery.

10 minutes ago, rubyhorse2 said:

ok just joined you all after following for quite some time and have to say its quite a refreshing change..really enjoying it and can see huge potential

one issue, when you create a vessel (character) it asks for a name but then in game it uses your account name, why is this?

also, i really dont want to be running about with my account name, anyway this can be changed to a more relevant character type name?

it maybe should warn players about this 

cheers all

Your "Vessel" is not an equivalent for "Character" in terms of most role play games.  Your "Crow" is, and it's name never changes. 

 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 years later...

Ok , but that's dumb.   It really kills the spirit of the game when Burgerman69 kills me. I mean , if you let him name his character it might not be something stupid.  I probably will be something stupid , but now you've made it so there's no chance and it will always be stupid.  I mean maybe Randy1969 is a legendary hero. But he doesn't have a legendary name.  The fanboys can say what they want , it's still stupid .  You might have a different opinion , but it would be wrong.  I just saw the email about a VIP option.  I might try it , if we were able to name our characters that is...   necro necro necro 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wierdbob said:

I might try it , if we were able to name our characters that is...

Not going to happen. You only have one "character" in this game and it is a spirit crow with one name. That same spirit inhabits various unnamed corpses.

That is why you have one name only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Toadwart said:

Not going to happen. You only have one "character" in this game and it is a spirit crow with one name. That same spirit inhabits various unnamed corpses.

That is why you have one name only.

I will say that if the game gets popular then they will be forced to change naming conventions. Surprisingly, people tend to dislike not being able to find any names they like outside of Djkineaspoo129. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your in-game name CAN be different from your original account name but... all characters on an account must have that same name. It's the name of your crow, no matter which vessel your crow wishes to occupy. You can get ONE free name change by emailing support@crowfall.com. Give them a list of 3 names you would take and they'll take care of you as long as those names are available and not illegal. After launch I would expect there will be a provision for name changes for a fee. 

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I will say that if the game gets popular then they will be forced to change naming conventions. Surprisingly, people tend to dislike not being able to find any names they like outside of Djkineaspoo129. 

Why would they be forced to change naming conventions? One name per account leaves many, many more free names available for people than traditional naming conventions where i have 16 different names tied up on one account.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...