RileyStang

Crafting Skill Bonus Change for Fae and Stoneborn

@jtoddcoleman @thomasblair

I find it quite odd that there are no racial skill trees that include boosts to alchemy or runemaking. I think that it would make perfect sense for the Fae to get a boost to alchemy (as they are primarily a race of assassins, with poisons and what not) and the Stoneborn would get boosts to runemaking... do I really need to explain the obvious here? Unless there is some more overarching reason that alchemy and runemaking have been chosen to be excluded from racial tree bonuses, I think these changes would make a lot more sense.

Thanks for reading, guys. I know you're very busy making this game something great.

Since the stoneborn are made of stone, I would expect them to get bonuses in blacksmithing, stonemasonry, gem cutting, ore mining, and stone quarrying. That's a lot of bonus areas, but it makes sense.

Runemaking should, in fairness, be the province of another race. Please share your reasoning why it's so obvious that stoneborn should be best at yet another craft. Remember that ACE doesn't really want too many players in any particular race, for any of the 3 focus areas.

4 hours ago, chancellor said:

Runemaking should, in fairness, be the province of another race. Please share your reasoning why it's so obvious that stoneborn should be best at yet another craft. Remember that ACE doesn't really want too many players in any particular race, for any of the 3 focus areas.

Sit down, grab out your notepad and pencil, and take down some notes. Class is in session. 

1. Stoneborn are the oldest of all races. Their ancient age and infinite amount of time forging worlds would grant them vast experience in all crafting, 

2. Stoneborn are enchanted creatures. What better race to master runemaking than the enchanted crafters of Kronos 

3. Stoneborn were created to complete the great work of servicing the worlds. What race would be better equipped to master the various crafts over the one race created by the Gods to forge, meld, and carve out the worlds they serve. 

4. Stoneborn are made of raw earth and tree. Why wouldn't they be master of the elements that create their being ?

1. Maybe they are. High elves may be able to contest this if they were interested enough to share their records.

2. All the races seem to be enchanted in CF.

3. You may want to find a better phrase than "servicing the worlds". Someone will likely make sport of this target.

4. I already mentioned that Stoneborn are made of stone. I suspect that their beards just resemble tree roots rather than being wooden, otherwise they'd tend to burn up in the forge.

None of this invalidates my statement, but you get points for sticking to your RP character.