Sign in to follow this  
Zatch

Leather vs Plate

Posted (edited)

After making gear on test it seems like plate off pieces have roughly 30-50% more health than leather. If that's better than 5% damage/healing depends on your role, health pool, etc. However, after making chest pieces it seems like leather is bad. A purple mats leather chest with a great success role had roughly 13% mitigation values. A blue plate chest with the same roll had roughly 33% mitigation, and over double the amount of health on it. It just doesn't seem like leather is worth using.

It seems like the tradeoff of only one/two minor discs to upgrade your armor is simply to good currently.

Edited by Zatch

6 hours ago, Zatch said:

After making gear on test it seems like plate off pieces have roughly 30-50% more health than leather. If that's better than 5% damage/healing depends on your role, health pool, etc. However, after making chest pieces it seems like leather is bad. A purple mats leather chest with a great success role had roughly 13% mitigation values. A blue plate chest with the same roll had roughly 33% mitigation, and over double the amount of health on it. It just doesn't seem like leather is worth using.

It seems like the tradeoff of only one/two minor discs to upgrade your armor is simply to good currently.

HP wise I think the potential on the chests is about the same (see below).

The mitigation increase may be a bit much for a minor rune though. 

If the mail/plate proficiency discs granted a passive that had to be equipped to upgrade to the next tier of armor that may be one way to balance it. That would bring it more in line with overwhelming odds, sturdy and others. 

unknown.png

Posted (edited)

Bah beat me to it. Faether is my leatherworking alt. Only has 9 pips. And like 61 Leatherworking skill. That chest was a 9 pip purple sheen Yolo. With really decent sub combine rolls. Oh and it was an amazing roll.

Also with armor layers that chest would have around 8 resists. I didn't have any experimentation points left over to boost it either. With an amazing 9 pip armor roll it would almost double what the base resist would be. 

Edited by srathor
added info