Sign in to follow this  
Crailo

Clerics # ability bars #?Maybe

Please read an not taken in by the Title : so i played around with a few classes an notice some have 3 ability bars as in the case of DRUID ...'im curious the feelers out there to my thinking an thoughts that clerics should have 3 as well .. my thought on this having a harvest bar , an HEALZ , buff  bar as cleric should an a dps bar  .Cleric/healers need to farm gold /xp also ...a quality o life thing i think ..later evolving into a better class support overall .

9 minutes ago, Crailo said:

Please read an not taken in by the Title : so i played around with a few classes an notice some have 3 ability bars as in the case of DRUID ...'im curious the feelers out there to my thinking an thoughts that clerics should have 3 as well .. my thought on this having a harvest bar , an HEALZ , buff  bar as cleric should an a dps bar  .Cleric/healers need to farm gold /xp also ...a quality o life thing i think ..later evolving into a better class support overall .

I am recently trying a cleric as well and to be honest I am fine the way it is. First of all micro-managing 2 bar for every class is not something I want to do, specially in the middle of an hectic combat. It's like to say everyone should be able to play Meepo to be good at Dota. Cleric seems really straight forward and i really like it's semplicity.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:17 AM, Crailo said:

I like this idea as well.  They could give the cleric an offensive stance and a support stance.  I don't see why not if the druid has multiple stances as well.  Unless the cleric is just that much stronger than the druid in healing or DPS that they deemed the druid worthy of having multiple stances.  Just toss a 5-10 second cooldown in between switching stances to avoid it being overpowered.

Survival Stance / Redemption Stance / Retribution Stance

Clerics are pretty good at farming currently but because their weapon powers are extremely short range compared to their weapon, they aren't very useable outside of some controlled situations. I just tend to use the offensive ultimate (hammer time!) to hit 3 targets at once and then keep rooting, wailing away. Maybe access to a melee bar would be appropriate since all the weapon powers are short ranged, but that doesn't make a ton of sense since the throwing hammer is ranged.

The class isn't finished, but they definitely haven't looked at it in a long while because what it does is pretty good.

giving them a heal and dmg bar would need them to be nerfed in other area's when the balancing happens. Tbh i dont like this option because it makes them too similiar to druids imo since they have both the dmg and heal bars and mechanics to go with it.

Giving the only other real main healerish class the same thing they would blend there class idenity together to much, rangers suffer from that problem atm tbh since they merged stalker and rangers together with the ability and it doesnt feel right because there just a mesh of everything right now atleast thats how they feel like.

I think its fine as is tbh since it doesnt take to much to switch powers around if u wanna solo or do dmg use most of the dmg skill and a couple heals if ur needed to heal more for that time use more healing skills at that time. it makes you have to choose before engagments what u want to do having the 2 bars just means u can effectivly do everything without a weakness that druids have (Where they need tpo balance there heals and dmg output and force to swap stances at inconvient times to maintain that balance) if clerics had both bars it wouldnt make them too strong in the regard they can dmg and heal as effectivly anytime they want. 

Edited by veeshan

Personally I’m finding the classes with only 2 bars the most fun to play, it means you have to think abit more about the load out you use. Really not a fan of the multiple switching of some of the classes at all. Cleric is in a nice place at the min compared to some classes.

If the attack powers were at range then there would be a lot more decisions that would need to be made for Cleric builds. I would love the difficult decision between healing and attack and that would make the class more versatile while giving up the healing. Ranged and harvest tray is all that is needed for Clerics, just allow them to use more offensive skills at range to make them viable.

On 25/09/2018 at 3:16 PM, Spawl said:

If the attack powers were at range then there would be a lot more decisions that would need to be made for Cleric builds. I would love the difficult decision between healing and attack and that would make the class more versatile while giving up the healing. Ranged and harvest tray is all that is needed for Clerics, just allow them to use more offensive skills at range to make them viable.

Another good idea with Clerics would be to allow a ranged or melee bar dependent on weapon. So if I want to be more of a range cleric I equip a hammer, if I want to be more melee based I equip a mace. Cleric doesn’t need more than one combat bar just more choice on how it’s used. Currently the melee option just requires another weapon option, and for the ranged option I agree with Spawl we need more skill choices.