Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Social System - Official Discussion Thread

I would like the ability to toggle off trade requests globally.   Looks like the incoming trade request window doesn't take priority over what I'm doing, so a trade request pop-up can't be use to interrupt a fight, which is crucial.  Are group invites also unobtrusive like that?

Hopefully the new chat system allows us to hide chat entirely.  Hopefully it also includes a special channel or window for dev announcements, so I can get those without having to read through player chat.

One more thing.  Susi's name over her head is Origin-Mi-Susi but the name on the F to interract window is Faye.  What's with that?

Edited by Durenthal

Just now, Durenthal said:

I would like the ability to toggle off trade requests globally.   Looks like the incoming trade request window doesn't take priority over what I'm doing, so a trade request pop-up can't be use to interrupt a fight, which is crucial.

Hopefully the new chat system allows us to hide chat entirely.  Hopefully it also includes a special channel or window for dev announcements, so I can get those without having to read through player chat.

That should be a "disable all interactions" , not just trade requests, just to get all the possible corner cases people tend to dig up.

looking good, i hate having to manually type /invites and /trade all the time [but obviously i presume that text option will be retained too]

like the little preview of the time of day and season clock! and "season of turning"

unknown.png

how hard bound those Ctr + 1 and alt + 1 pop ups are going to be? [some people like to use these are skill modifier shortcuts]

unknown.png?width=400&height=94

i am also curious how chat will be handled going forward

e.g. on a server level will it have a "global for the server" and "zone" [moongate area] etc [will the current "cross server global be retained?"]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

unknown.png

Is that timer for end of winter (AKA world)? Or current season?

Plus the timer also look funky. Night percentage moved a lot when the time was 3h7m but changed nothing between 3h7m and 3h5m... Weird.

Also where is the marker? 180°? Will it still be day when the night takes 99% of the area? Would look weird... Wait... Does the day end when the sun goes down (as in disappears) or when the light blue sky disappears? Complex...

Could remove the background and just leave the sun and moon.  Or better yet, change the background according with the celestial bodies position. Sun at 12o'clock light blue, sun going down orange, moon poking out light/dark blue, and black-ish at midnight...

Edited by BarriaKarl

1 minute ago, BarriaKarl said:

unknown.png

Is that timer for end of winter (AKA world)? Or current season?

Looks to me like there are two different things being shown there. The Day/Night cycle is displayed with the rotating Sun/Moon image and the 3H 8M shows how long until it switches from day to night.

Around the edge of the circle the Seasons are separately displayed.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 minutes ago, Jah said:

Looks to me like there are two different things being shown there. The Day/Night cycle is displayed with the rotating Sun/Moon image and the 3H 8M shows how long until it switches from day to night.

Around the edge of the circle the Seasons are separately displayed.

Yeah, that was my first thought but then the night part changed a lot between pics.

Hopefully you are right, since that would mean the Devs like the days and nights longers, which was the general feedback on it.

unknown.png

Okay, my final guess. A year (4 seasons) lasts 6 hours. And the timer at the bottom means time 'till the the seasons loops.

Each seasons lasts 1.5 hours, and it is divided in 3 bigger parts. They don't look that equal on eye alone but each should lasts the same 30min.

The lasts 8min we have to finish summer equal approximately half of half 30 min (Makes sense? Look at the small markers in the image). So it would match Math-wise.

Edited by BarriaKarl

7 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

unknown.png

Okay, my final guess. A year (4 seasons) lasts 6 hours. And the timer at the bottom means time 'till the the seasons loops.

Each seasons lasts 1.5 hours, and it is divided in 3 bigger parts. They don't look that equal on eye alone but each should lasts the same 30min.

The lasts 8min we have to finish summer equal approximately half of half 30 min (Makes sense? Look at the small markers in the image). So it would match Math-wise.

I think it is much more likely that it is the Day/Night cycle that lasts ~6 hours. I think it is very unlikely that Seasons will be so short.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

I think it is much more likely that it is the Day/Night cycle that lasts ~6 hours. I think it is very unlikely that Seasons will be so short.

When the game is live, the seasons absolutely won't be that short. But for testing purposes, particularly internal testing, the seasons are going to be very short.

14 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

unknown.png

My guess is that those season bars go very slowly, the same way days of the year would if there was a calendar around the clock.  1 hour of circumference = 1 month.

So if the world was to last a year, it looks like it would be 3 1/2 hours worth of circumference, or 3.5 months per season.

If the world was to last a week, then 33.6 hrs per season. (Assuming there is another season hidden under the "Developer Mode" graphic).

They also don't have to make the seasons have an even representation.  Some worlds could be 80% season of plenty, and other worlds 80% winter.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

9 minutes ago, Jah said:

1.5 hours/season should be a good spot to the Devs to test the season system. They will probably last weeks in the live game.

3 hours ago, Tinnis said:

how hard bound those Ctr + 1 and alt + 1 pop ups are going to be? [some people like to use these are skill modifier shortcuts]

Our general philosophy going forward is, if it uses a key, we will let the player bind it to what they want, and notification hotkeys are no exception.

3 hours ago, Durenthal said:

I would like the ability to toggle off trade requests globally.   Looks like the incoming trade request window doesn't take priority over what I'm doing, so a trade request pop-up can't be use to interrupt a fight, which is crucial.  Are group invites also unobtrusive like that?

We have a lot in store for the upcoming social system,  and we're working hard to ensure that the features MMO players have come to expect will be a part of that. One of those things is giving the player full control over what appears in their chat. Additionally, we have a goal in giving much greater flexibility to the players in how they interact with others, as well as providing better feedback for when a player wants to interact with you. We'll be announcing more as it comes online, but I'm pretty excited to be working on these features, and hopefully you folks are excited too!

I have a suggestion for the quick read-ability of the day night cycle indicator. Instead of moving the whole frame/picture to indicate night why not have a rotating sun and alternating moon. That way its always a fixed orientation and you only have to check to see if the circle is in the upper or lower half.

43 minutes ago, Zomnivore said:

I have a suggestion for the quick read-ability of the day night cycle indicator. Instead of moving the whole frame/picture to indicate night why not have a rotating sun and alternating moon. That way its always a fixed orientation and you only have to check to see if the circle is in the upper or lower half.

I just have to say how funny I find it that the official post on social systems has devolved into a discussion of developer tool about day/night/season cycles.

Of course the last official news post headed off into the wilds almost as quickly.

Sorry I'm just trying to provide feedback. I'm committed to gaming and just want all the games I enjoy to get better through my involvement.

If you want an example of what kind of rotation I mean, just look at what watch makers have figured out how to do, when they make fancy watches with day night indicators.

Edited by Zomnivore