Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
that_eriksson

Class guide video template help

Hey gang,

I want to pick back up and make some good class guides for the channel to help new players!  I am thinking aside from just going over the stock abilities it would be good to come up with some quick beginner discipline templates.  Myself I really only focus on Knight, Cleric, Assassin atm...so please throw some fun template suggestions even if they are just theory crafted not tested (I can test em).  I will be sure to give credit to your ideas (only if you want to be mentioned of course.)  This is such a huge system and I have yet to test all of them so I would love to hear some ideas to help players!

So please hit me up with your quick templates for classes I do not play or even the ones I do play if you have a cool idea.  I know our special builds we like to keep secret so only share these if you really want to.  I am thinking more along the lines of VERY basic, make sense easy builds to get new players with an efficient discipline load out straight out the gate.

I think it will be useful to new players so they have a general effective discipline line up that we can suggest as people love class guides!  Thanks in advance for your help!

I would say we can make a format like this.

Class

Style  (like solo, support, group play)

Majors Used

Mastery Used  (what weapon you choose and why)

Minors Used

Skills Taken (Optional)  (unless you want to go into this detail feel free, otherwise I can figure it out)

Tips & Misc Info  (anything else you might want to add here, style, rotation, race choices etc)

Credit  If you do not want to be mentioned for credit please be sure to let me know!

I've been considering class guides too, but I will wait till around soft launch, after balance passes.

Classes are changing with every patch, so it's gonna be a lot of wasted work.

o3flGij.png
                                                                               My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Caldera HERE!

Class: Champion

Style :Solo+group play

Majors Used Destroyer+Runescarred Gladiator

Mastery Used  Great Axe because of the furious slash that gives a 33% CDR

Minors Used Dominator+Demon Pact+Eminently Punchable

Skills Taken (Optional)  Use all the basic champ skills but replace cleave with furious slash,use aegis from destroyer and runecarve from runescarred

Tips & Misc Info  This build is pretty easy to play, use runecarve so you get the dmg reduction and when it's about to pop go in the middle of the fight, use aegis so you keep your hp up.The main damage comes from the combo blind+rend.

Hope it helps, if you want anymore info about this build just ask

Edited by pamintandrei

7 hours ago, Yumx said:

I've been considering class guides too, but I will wait till around soft launch, after balance passes.

Classes are changing with every patch, so it's gonna be a lot of wasted work.

Yea I know :( it is a concern of mine but im missing making videos and trying to find some fresh topics.  I do not mind duplicating some work or efforts or updating down the line

I love this idea. @SemiMong and @Desh have been making some incredibly helpful videos, too. Granted, some things will change in 5.6 -- and as things change during the course of development -- so I hope content creators like you guys don't get discouraged. And if there are things that I/we can do to help, holler! 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Definitely a good idea. I was going to kind of go through discipline basics and maybe I'll do some of my favorite builds!

On 5/18/2018 at 1:30 PM, Mentah said:

I haven't looked too hard for this but I've been needing it so I don't waste time. Thanks for the share

Yeah it is def super valuable ;) I wish we can just mouse over links to get little pop ups of the passives/actives gained though.