Sign in to follow this  
BarriaKarl

What Minors are you guys using? (Rangers)

Posted (edited)

So, I decided to check Malekai and see if any new Minor were added that Rangers could use. None, there were the reaper and a few ones like elven sight or smth but i don't care about them.

So far I haven't seen any Minor that really felt good for rangers. I mean, so far I if i had to pick my three would be: Uniform leather, Armor of faith and... just those two (I would pick probably Amulet one as third because why not). That is how bland they are. +AP and a shield.

If you pay attention ranger Minor Discs are all super common among the classes. From 40 Minor Discs only 2, I repeat, 2 are not shared by 10 or more classes. Shadow Caress and Found Resources.

While not a rule, this means there are no Minor Discs made with Rangers in mind. Or even with just ranged or melee in mind, but that is more a general minor problem and it is not ranger-specific.

So I would like to know what Minors people are using in their rangers. Maybe it is just me who think the other discs are meh. Tell me your thoughts...

Edited by BarriaKarl

Though I have never played ranger, it seems like Plate Proficiency and Sturdy would be two good ones to have. Plate chest for resists and leather helm, gloves and boots for damage bonus. Maybe Demons Pact for extra passsive slot? 

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

If you pay attention ranger Minor Discs are all super common among the classes. From 40 Minor Discs only 2, I repeat, 2 are not shared by 10 or more classes. Shadow Caress and Found Resources.

You are forgetting about Dominator, Furious, Mortal Sin, and Shield Wiz. not to mention Surging Spirit, which excludes mages.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Wuduwasa said:

You are forgetting about Dominator, Furious, Mortal Sin, and Shield Wiz. not to mention Surging Spirit, which excludes mages.

Oh no, I was talking about only the Minors Rangers can pick.

But I would like to say it is really, really unfair how champs got 2, I repeat, 2 Minors tailor made for them.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Oh no, I was talking about only the Minors Rangers can pick.

But I would like to say it is really, really unfair how champs got 2, I repeat, 2 Minors tailor made for them.

Ah, I misunderstood, since (the last I checked), rangers can't even slot Found Resources or Shadow's Caress (since they have to be slotted on the stealth tray). So, yeah, rangers get no minors specific to them. The only consolation with the champ discs is that champs are practically forced to slot Relentless, giving them one less passive slot.

Edited by Wuduwasa
a word

Back to your original question, minors that work well for rangers include Glass Cannon and Surging Spirit. The ranger's superior range makes Glass Cannon less risky, and combined with the Sustain mechanic, the disc allows you both to do more damage and steal more health. Surging Spirit, when combined with a disc like Naiad) makes the ranger a bit tankier, while the healing ticks also help build soul power for Sustain. Combined with Blademaster's Blood Price passive (and Berserker from Master of Axes), it can also help make the ranger a viable melee option.

Posted (edited)

Glass cannon, uniform leather, expansive mind, punch drunk are my favorite four right now

Usually I switch between punch drunk and uniform leather. The better minor depends on the exact situation.

Edited by MJayed

Two passives that you want to have 100% are Leadership (always run in group) and All Clear (from Sharpshooter).

The last slot can be Pound of Flesh (for initial spike/bleed damage), Glass Cannon (if you won't tank damage and can't cap damage modifier with vessel or by running in group with NA Druid or by staying in Hunker Down), Sturdy (makes you bad target for opening, viable in group fights/outnumbering) or Uniform Leather (while running all leather, but I advise to run mail body).

This opens you two minors, which can be: Elven Eyes + Mail Proficiency or Demon Pact + Uniform Leather or some other combination of above with Demon Pact.

My personal choice is Elven Eyes, Mail Proficiency and Pound of Flesh, because ability to kite from max distance and see enemies health gives more in fight than a few % of dps/sustain.

On 19/05/2018 at 12:26 AM, BarriaKarl said:

So, I decided to check Malekai and see if any new Minor were added that Rangers could use. None, there were the reaper and a few ones like elven sight or smth but i don't care about them.

So far I haven't seen any Minor that really felt good for rangers. I mean, so far I if i had to pick my three would be: Uniform leather, Armor of faith and... just those two (I would pick probably Amulet one as third because why not). That is how bland they are. +AP and a shield.

While not a rule, this means there are no Minor Discs made with Rangers in mind. Or even with just ranged or melee in mind, but that is more a general minor problem and it is not ranger-specific.

So I would like to know what Minors people are using in their rangers. Maybe it is just me who think the other discs are meh. Tell me your thoughts...

I went ring and amulete one but i am a jewlery crtafter though too, ring give range bonus which is nice too :P