Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Padishah

Good news, please consider what killed Shadowbane

well pad...i hear ya on yer points...

but they never got a hold on Mourning

just sayin'...

Excelsior!

More to do with that server being 60 years old and all the spots accounted for.

More to do with that server being 60 years old and all the spots accounted for.

i disagree...

yes, it was an Original Server, but more than spots being taken it had to do with the locals putting differences aside to grief them constantly until they found easier pickings....not just once, but EVERY time

so they did

thus endeth the Lesson...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

The movement system was the first system I wanted to gank and start from scratch on... but it wasn't in the cards for the short-term so I went a little heavy-handed with the speed buffs and disallowed them from stacking. The plus is it made the Scout run skill a little more viable.

Ah yes the scout run skill. I remember running down many a centaur druid or healer with my Sundancer scout and making them weep. Good times.

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

i disagree...

yes, it was an Original Server, but more than spots being taken it had to do with the locals putting differences aside to grief them constantly until they found easier pickings....not just once, but EVERY time

so they did

thus endeth the Lesson...

Excelsior!

There was basically no one other than Hawks to help them in anyway.

I helped with the cleanse several times but mourning was by far the easiest to hold on to.

A large percentage of mourning people couldn't repeat the success on newer servers.

Hey, hey, hey, let's be nice... believe me, the run speed nerf was needed... it really was!!! ((waits to hear all about the things Ashen screwed up when he became Lead Designer))

It's too bad that we never got the chance to nerf stunning like we wanted to. ;)

That would have made a lot of people cry. :')

Well, if this is indeed the case, then they deserved the victory.  If they legitimately just fielded that many active players, then...that's war. 

I certainly recall no shortage of NA SB guilds not being able to play-nice enough to match CN numbers and repel their mainland advances.  We got what we deserved, in that case.  The course of human history is littered with such tales.  Hopefully we learned something and can be a stronger force (if necessary) should another "world war" break out.

It's a bit weird to hear that as a Hongkonger from Asia server( not CN server, they invaded our server too) lol.

But I agree that the hack after the game became free-to-play which allows CN use multiple account to fight.

However before the game became free-to-play, I guess it's ok to let them in. Even the game got zerged by them.

Well, it's shadowbane and so there is no 1v1 or fair number fight in game that should be expected right?

Declaimer : I remember I was in a small HongKong guild which is a sub-guild from of some random CN guild.

I quit the game after I noticed someone used lame hacking to win fights. 

zoopz....yeah, a lot couldn't repeat their success after many years on Mourning...

but many did

ask CN about the "Knights of Honor" on Malog...... heh

but no worries, and all kidding aside, good to see another familiar Name...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I was a fan of the run speed nerd. Balancing the game to create class/race variety and better pvp isn't a nerf, its called good design.

You had a good run with SB Sean. Made all sorts of great tactics possible with the changes you (with the help of the FG and advocates of course) put in the game.

Damn. Good times.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

zoopz....yeah, a lot couldn't repeat their success after many years on Mourning...

but many did

ask CN about the "Knights of Honor" on Malog...... heh

but no worries, and all kidding aside, good to see another familiar Name...

Excelsior!

Plenty of time to bicker later.

Cheers.

For example, one of the biggest issues was that a guild could work for days, weeks, and months to build a city... and lose it overnight (and there was a time when they could lose it when none of them were online... 3am Banes ftw!).

Har...a fancy lad opinion at best!  Them lubbers don't deserve a city if 'ey can't hold on to it.  More booty fer me crew.

Har...a fancy lad opinion at best!  Them lubbers don't deserve a city if 'ey can't hold on to it.  More booty fer me crew.

Hahahaha this made me die laughing. "A fancy lad opinion at best"

Things have been going really well, actually! Thanks for asking. How're things with you?

Things are great. Working my ass off like a functioning member of society. Started a business and lost my life haha. 

Ah yes the scout run skill. I remember running down many a centaur druid or healer with my Sundancer scout and making them weep. Good times.

Ah, Sundancer and Running!

One of my most favourite Combat Thief builds was a Cloth wearing (No Light Armor for the non-SBers) Proccer. High Intelligence/ Constituion. Had max Dodge and Parry.

Remember running down a Centaur Warrior and going toe-to-toe with him. Was dodging and parrying like mad but then he got a few hits in on me, my health almost dissapeared and then I thought it was game over. Boom! My proccs would then fire and max health!

Was worried about stamina but sucked his health right outta him. Was funny when he tried to run away and just plain, died.

Good times!

vd1utsD.jpg