Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

Trials Of Ascension

But 100 deaths is not bad... it will prevent stangnantion and force players to act. Meaningful sieges etc... It is my point.

It will inevitably breed a real poorly made socks community. I've played with ragers before, they'll get angry when they die, and that's in a game with no permanent death. Can you imagine how bad it will be WITH permanent death?

100 deaths is really a drop in the bucket when it comes to pvp. 

Edited by Helix

It will inevitably breed a real poorly made socks community. I've played with ragers before, they'll get angry when they die, and that's in a game with no permanent death. Can you imagine how bad it will be WITH permanent death?

100 deaths is really a drop in the bucket when it comes to pvp. 

Have you played HaH?

Still their way to create a Dragon char sound amazing for me and 100 deaths perma death is nothing bad... Even in DF playing for only 1 char after a period of time was becoming boring and many players were creating toons. But in ToA, where deaths matter you will have to PvE, gather resources etc... So I think it will make world alive.

Still their way to create a Dragon char sound amazing for me and 100 deaths perma death is nothing bad... Even in DF playing for only 1 char after a period of time was becoming boring and many players were creating toons. But in ToA, where deaths matter you will have to PvE, gather resources etc... So I think it will make world alive.

Yah i hope this game gets made with all the stuff they have planned.. i would prefer the DFO grind over perma death after i die 100 times.. but im going to keep following the game

Edited by Exzear

Yah i hope this game gets made with all the stuff they have planned.. i would prefer the DFO grind over perma death after i die 100 times.. but im going to keep following the game

It depens on the whole pvp system... DF had one bad aspect - naked PvP. MO has it better. Armor has a significant role in game... For example I still dont have 100 death on my 2 years old char :)

It depens on the whole pvp system... DF had one bad aspect - naked PvP. MO has it better. Armor has a significant role in game... For example I still dont have 100 death on my 2 years old char :)

Well thats because the game is kinda dead.. and DFO naked PvP will prolly be viable in this game aswell just that people might not wanna charge out naked and lose deaths on it..

Well thats because the game is kinda dead.. and DFO naked PvP will prolly be viable in this game aswell just that people might not wanna charge out naked and lose deaths on it..

MO is far from being dead :-) There are 2 reasons for that: 1) I have 9 chars, so each has not so high amount of deaths 2) It has another PvP system. 

+1

It seems to me that after they posted a "soul scroll" it would be possible to make your life longer... Also a cool feature either it would be craftable or farmable

The kickstarter for this runs past the announcement for Crowfall, one will get my money.

I've not found any reason to be active on ToA's forums, so it is pretty easy to see where my allegiance lies at this time. :)

They definitely piqued my interest with dragons though...

Edited by Raeshlavik

It seems to me that after they posted a "soul scroll" it would be possible to make your life longer... Also a cool feature either it would be craftable or farmable

Well aslong as you cant buy them for IRL cash im fine with it.. 

The kickstarter for this runs past the announcement for Crowfall, one will get my money.

I've not found any reason to be active on ToA's forums, so it is pretty easy to see where my allegiance lies at this time. :)

They definitely piqued my interest with dragons though...

Im buying Origins of malu on the 27th and then if  crowfall post their kickstarer or what ever im going to buy that/donate to them.. So ToA is not on my priority list but if the game releases down the line i will buy it/pre order it then..

Well aslong as you cant buy them for IRL cash im fine with it.. 

Im buying Origins of malu on the 27th and then if  crowfall post their kickstarer or what ever im going to buy that/donate to them.. So ToA is not on my priority list but if the game releases down the line i will buy it/pre order it then..

It looks like Crowfall moving away from my list of promising projects. I will also buy OoM... And Shards Online beta soon.... Almost forgot about them... Damn me

Well, the game have a demo. 

I dont know, we have Camelot, ToA and Crowfall.

The better housing will take my money. 

Not sure about housing in Crowfall since EK is going to be just like Garrison in WoW. Camelot - probably. At least it seems to be very close to the original DAoC. But sandbox, and the real one is ToA amongst these 3 you listed.

I've been following it and somewhat in the forums.

ToA definitely has a totally different player base... they seem more much like EverQuest types after a few posts there. The games is more like a Fantasy Simulation than Game of Thrones.

Edited by Vindi

ToA has something new and innovative... Not like here, where people claim their EK (Garrison) as an innovative feature... Sieges - wow... DF, MO also had sieges... Siege weapons - many games have it.