Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrPlanks

Oh yeah an Oak tree damnit it’s a Yew...

I’m not sure this happens to a lot of people but they look so much alike and one is fundamentally better than the other any way to change the appearance or the stats to make them close to on par with each other.

On ‎03‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 7:04 AM, sarpedon said:

As a request for a follow-up to: https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/15870-quick-visual-tree-guide/ here is the one for all the resources...

tLf3KhF.png

Hopefully this helps newcomers tell the difference between slag and cobblestone! I'll probably do one more iteration near release, so feedback welcome ( I'll get a better picture of travertine...)

The trees changed a bit since then. But most of them are quite distinguishable in my opinion.  

Edited by Kraahk

I see the difference but we have to admit they are pretty close at a distance almost identical maybe one can have a blueish color folliage it would set them apart

Any regular tree harvester is going to get so used the appearance after a couple of days, they are not even going to need the sparkles to know the difference.

I spent 3 days focusing on wood, and by the end of that time I had no problem picking them out at a great distance.  It was to me before the sparkles one of the best parts about being a lumberjack, that your resource was identifiable, from literally the top of a mountain, with the tree in a valley literally at the edge of your vision.

Good combat players are supposed to have personal combat skills, you would think that a lumberjack should be expected to have the personal skill of tree type identification.

I dont like the sparkles and feel they arent needed. But i wasnt implying or saying the textures needed a change either. I was only admitting I made the same mistake when I started playing last year. I apologize for any confusion and aggrevation I caused.

Edited by Xalon
grammar

1 hour ago, Xalon said:

I dont like the sparkles and feel they arent needed. But i wasnt implying or saying the textures needed a change either. I was only admitting I made the same mistake when I started playing last year. I apologize for any confusion and aggrevation I caused.

Your location say's New Orleans, but are you sure you're not Canadian?

This is one of the lighter threads around here.  I don't think anyone was at all bothered by the question.  

Tone is really hard to type.

I'm probably a little bit of everything :lol:. But Houma Choctaw-Native American, Is what the Government recognizes me as. But that post was more in response to Silverbacks comment that I read wrong. I should of been asleep instead of posting :blink:. And yea I'm a lot more laid back nowadays, too much hate and conflict in the world lately. I jus come to pass a good time sha!

21 minutes ago, Xalon said:

I'm probably a little bit of everything :lol:. But Houma Choctaw-Native American, Is what the Government recognizes me as. But that post was more in response to Silverbacks comment that I read wrong. I should of been asleep instead of posting :blink:. And yea I'm a lot more laid back nowadays, too much hate and conflict in the world lately. I jus come to pass a good time sha!

Thanks for the little research trip on the Houma People.  Rather informative.  Explains New Orleans.  

32 minutes ago, Kith said:

I **hate** that one of the knotwood models is actually a birch tree, and birch is a wood type in the game.

I'm not really sure what species "knotwood" actually is.  I was always under the impression that knotwood was just crappy wood because it had a branch going through it.

So in reality, knotwood should be a specific visual model of every type of tree, and every type of tree should probably have a chance to drop knotwood.

14 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I'm not really sure what species "knotwood" actually is.  I was always under the impression that knotwood was just crappy wood because it had a branch going through it.

So in reality, knotwood should be a specific visual model of every type of tree, and every type of tree should probably have a chance to drop knotwood.

Yea, Knotwood isn't a species, they should rename Knotwood "Poorly Made Socks Pine" which is what most of it looks like.