Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

Bloodline Champions

Bloodline Champions has been published by Funcom for a while and now the developers of the game, Stunlock Studios, are hosting the new servers. I think this could help to revive the game.

BLC is an action game 100% skill based where two teams of 3 or 5 players fight each others in short matches.

I alpha and closed beta tested that game and i had a blast playing it. missed the release but had friends who played it. I would recomend that game for sure, and i think its F2P right? either way it was fun and can only imagine that it got better

I alpha and closed beta tested that game and i had a blast playing it. missed the release but had friends who played it. I would recomend that game for sure, and i think its F2P right? either way it was fun and can only imagine that it got better

Not really... they added a progression system for accounts (something comparable to LoL's runes & summoner spells) which takes a while or a bit of money to max out. I can't tell you how long though, since I was at max level by the time they added it.

Also: no unrated queues anymore. No conquest / CTF map queues. No 2vs2 queues. They tried to push the remaining playerbase into 3vs3 (which is understandable, since the game is balanced around that, but I still miss 2vs2's and the other game modes). You can still start private servers with maps and settings of your choice, problem is you'll have to get people to play on them.

On the bright sight: all (new) bloodlines are fun and feel unique to play. The game is well balanced as far as I can tell. Amazing skill-based combat, most thrilling fights I ever had in an online multiplayer. The "holy trinity" is really well done imo. Fast paced. No 30-60min games, first team to win 3 rounds (1-2min each) wins. Plus it has spectator mode and replay recording now.

The new servers are... strange. While the ping times improved a lot for me, package loss spikes randomly (EU).

My feelings about the current state of BLC are mixed... This game feels like a shadow of what it used to be and what it could have been, if only Funcom and/or Stunlock had put more long-time effort into it. Yet it is still amazing fun to play and leaves me unable to enjoy any MOBA's combat mechanics.

Even if it is (/was) loosing ground it is still my most favorite non-MMO PvP game to date.

€: Gladly answering questions if anyone's interested. It's still worth checking out.

Edited by silinsar

I always meant to check that game out, but have yet to. I'm assuming you played it at some point? How is it?

The only other game I can think of that would resemble BLC is Guild Wars (arena PvP).

You have to aim all your abilities with your cursor : ranged attack, heals, jumps, melee attacks, fireballs, etc.

The gameplay is very fast : the first team to get 3 sets wins the match. It can take about 5 minutes per match.

One of the main issue is that only very little content has been added to the game since months. Many players quitted and now the playerbase is very low.

The game is on Steam and it changed publisher so maybe there's hope. It weights around 350mb I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGQuBpIkHI

Edited by courant101

Not really... they added a progression system for accounts (something comparable to LoL's runes & summoner spells) which takes a while or a bit of money to max out. I can't tell you how long though, since I was at max level by the time they added it.

Also: no unrated queues anymore. No conquest / CTF map queues. No 2vs2 queues. They tried to push the remaining playerbase into 3vs3 (which is understandable, since the game is balanced around that, but I still miss 2vs2's and the other game modes). You can still start private servers with maps and settings of your choice, problem is you'll have to get people to play on them.

On the bright sight: all (new) bloodlines are fun and feel unique to play. The game is well balanced as far as I can tell. Amazing skill-based combat, most thrilling fights I ever had in an online multiplayer. The "holy trinity" is really well done imo. Fast paced. No 30-60min games, first team to win 3 rounds (1-2min each) wins. Plus it has spectator mode and replay recording now.

The new servers are... strange. While the ping times improved a lot for me, package loss spikes randomly (EU).

My feelings about the current state of BLC are mixed... This game feels like a shadow of what it used to be and what it could have been, if only Funcom and/or Stunlock had put more long-time effort into it. Yet it is still amazing fun to play and leaves me unable to enjoy any MOBA's combat mechanics.

Even if it is (/was) loosing ground it is still my most favorite non-MMO PvP game to date.

€: Gladly answering questions if anyone's interested. It's still worth checking out.

ah okey, well i might actually check it out :) and i agree with the combat, it was alot of fun and i played the fire mage that looks like an eskimo, i also won some tournaments that they had back in beta. i was super early in the game since they where are dreamhack (sweden) and give most people alpha keys and thats how i got started. got bored that there was no ranked play at the start but like i said i had a blast in that game and wish they would make a moba map ;) would be cool with the combat and all that! 

Thanks for the info btw!

The only other game I can think of that would resemble BLC is Guild Wars (arena PvP).

You have to aim all your abilities with your cursor : ranged attack, heals, jumps, melee attacks, fireballs, etc.

The gameplay is very fast : the first team to get 3 sets wins the match. It can take about 5 minutes per match.

One of the main issue is that only very little content has been added to the game since months. Many players quitted and now the playerbase is very low.

The game is on Steam and it changed publisher so maybe there's hope. It weights around 350mb I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGQuBpIkHI

Forgot about the astronomer. was also a hero i played alot and the samurai/ninja/the straw hat guy ;) 
Edited by Exzear

This was my first MOBA.  I loved it, and was on the verge of buying the "platinum pack" or whatever when the population was just bleeding too much.  Couldn't justify paying the money, even though I loved the game, when the queue times were up in the ~15min + range for a ~5 minute match.

PS Inhibitor ftw!

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

This was my first MOBA.  I loved it, and was on the verge of buying the "platinum pack" or whatever when the population was just bleeding too much.  Couldn't justify paying the money, even though I loved the game, when the queue times were up in the ~15min + range for a ~5 minute match.

PS Inhibitor ftw!

I think I haven't tried Inhibitor... I was picking Astronomer most of the time and also the other female character who can heal her allies.

Ahh BLC. Such an awesome Game. Das Tal took the best combat system for isometric game and the system is common to BLC's one. Remember me and Xteam were playing this game for a long time. The tournaments almost every night were very fun. I hope it will gain good server population cause it is much more skill based and fun than LoL or Dota