Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Timelapse and Lineups - Official Discussion Thread

ooh, is that the return of the shelved stalker melee quarterstaff on the elken. [and the centuar master of polearm/maces/axes as previously teased?]

fae mystical staff looks nice too.

all very funky looking. will crafters still get any options to define armor/weapon look - or will it only be driven by race?

[ever any option to use a "non race" visual look on another race for example? - e.g. crafters get to determine the race look when it is created for any race that then uses it - e.g. this is ONLY a wood-elf style medimum style even if a human cleric or knight picks it up?]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Ooh, very nice. Really like the glassy look of the wood elf weapons. I enjoy every update, but ones that add flavor and culture like this are my favorite.

p.s. i spy the small, medium and tower shields [from Secutor - when will that runestone be properly implemented to the tests?]

and with regards wood-elf shields a druid can currently only unlock the small buckler - do they also get the medium leaf shield via secutor - or will that also be an option for master of shields/sickle?

see also the two handed wood elf melee weapons ;p [fae two handed swords, nethari shields etc] and a few other such examples too.

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Currently, the exact same ChainMail Chest piece looks completely differently depending upon the race of the vessel equipping it (HG vs Mino vs Guinecean etc.). I presume the same will eventually be true of weapons...and the same Tower Shield will have the racial flavor of the vessel that equips it (in accordance with the art designs above). Correct?

Please tell me these will be skins available during the crafting process, not something that will change depending on the vessel you have equipped.

Yeah, we need to know what are the plans for how their looks will be determined. I would bet in adapting to the wearer race but that sounds way too gamey to me.

Having the crafter determine it at the crafting phase would raise it own issues. Like, can we change their looks later? Can other races still use that now?

If we have more variations for each race (which we will probably most likely have) I would like to propose that looks should only be able to be changed at a crafter (or station if one is already a crafter). Better if some looks are harder to unlock making the crafter more sought after. And, in this case, selecting the look (more accurately race) upon crafting (or buying) would be a nice solution.

Oh, and implementing a neutral style would be good, if only so crafters can craft and display their wares in a single style and keep things neat and tidy.

Edited by BarriaKarl

20 hours ago, Barab said:

I will throw down some money for it if we could switch out the bows for crossbows for the Stoneborn. 

I'm a big fan of dwarven crossbows (my Battle Master in my current 5e campaign has a repeating crossbow right now, in fact). 

Probably not in the cards pre-launch, but certainly on my radar for later. 

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

18 hours ago, jtoddcoleman said:

I'm a big fan of dwarven crossbows (my Battle Master in my current 5e campaign has a repeating crossbow right now, in fact). 

Probably not in the cards pre-launch, but certainly on my radar for later. 

Todd

Master of Crossbows

Usable by: Non-Sylvan Rogues and Non-Sylvan Fighters.

Grants Ranged Tray

Can equip: Crossbow

Can Equip: Repeating Crossbow

More powerful and easier to use than the traditional bow, the crossbow places deadly accuracy and power in the hands of even the novice user. However, the ingenious mechanism that drives it takes time to arm.  This marvel of engineering trades power for range and ease of use for difficulty of decision. A skilled archer may miss with an arrow and simply notch another. The wielder of a crossbow may never get a second shot before he is cut down. Its wielders tend to favor misdirection and ambush in order to maximize the weapon's advantages.

(Crossbows have higher base damage than all other bows, but no built in range increases. Crossbows use a two stage firing animation. Click once to load the weapon. Click again once loaded to fire it. Loading a crossbow requires a three second channel per bolt.)

Crossbow - Capacity 1 - May experiment Crit Chance, Damage, Crit Damage

Crossbows remain loaded when stowed

Repeating Crossbow - Capacity 2+ - May experiment Crit Damage, Damage, And Capacity

Repeating Crossbows can not be stowed while loaded.

Boom, Headshot

Single Target Ranged Attack, 30s cooldown, uses resources

Fire a crossbow bolt that removes all barriers on the target. If the target has no barriers, knock down the target for (base) 1 second.

Focused Reload

Self, 10s Cooldown, High resource cost.

Root yourself, paying a resource cost and reloading at triple speed for each bolt loaded as you channel the ability.

Improvisation

Single Target Melee Attack (ranged tray), 30s cooldown

Strike a target in melee range with the butt of your crossbow, dealing no damage and suppressing the target for 3 seconds. Improvisation can only be used with an unloaded crossbow.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

11 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Boom, Headshot

I have heard this with the voice of Kardel Sharpeye, the infamous Sniper of Dota2.

Well done.

catfall-logo-typo-small.png