Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

unable to place buildings in my EK

I get messages on parcels that say "buildings not allowed".  Which maybe I could understand if the amber package didn't come with all farm parcels, a fort and a cottage. The farm parcels wont let me place any of the items that are part of the package, that just seems like something went wrong. 

Next issue is one from 5.5, even when I get the building to go blue the system gives me the "slope" error.  I have spent the last hour trying every little trick and can not get any thing to take. 

Little more EK love please.

-Bolt

10 minutes ago, Boltazar said:

I get messages on parcels that say "buildings not allowed".  Which maybe I could understand if the amber package didn't come with all farm parcels, a fort and a cottage. The farm parcels wont let me place any of the items that are part of the package, that just seems like something went wrong. 

Next issue is one from 5.5, even when I get the building to go blue the system gives me the "slope" error.  I have spent the last hour trying every little trick and can not get any thing to take. 

Little more EK love please.

-Bolt

Welcome to the forums.

With 5.6 the first implementation of the building token system arrived. Long story short, each parcel provides different numbers of slots you can use to place buildings of specific sizes. If you are in building mode, you can see those token numbers in the header. Like in this picture.

1vhjzu6.jpg

The yellow numbers are for civil buildings, the blue ones are for defense structures. The order from left to right is xs, s, m, l, xl. If you mouseover a building item in your inventory, the tooltip will show you which kind of token you need to be able to place it on the parcel your character is currently standing on.

Please be aware that this is the first implemention - and that the building tests are mostly oriented on testing what might be needed in the campaign worlds, not in the eternal kingdoms. Anyways, feeback about thís system is best placed in the related test feedback threads.

Regarding the slope error: That's a known issue some areas on some parcels ACE is working on. No workaround yet. But i had the impression that they are more easy to be placed "straight" at the "ends" of the shire parcel, or generally on bigger parcels. However, pre-alpha - better to find those issues know, than to have them in the final game, right? ;)

Anyway, have fun and good luck.

Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

Thanks - when I try to place anything on a farm, woodland creek or hill - I never get anything other then … "you do not have permission to use placeable deeds in this parcel"   The only parcel I can get that screen to show up on is the shire parcel.   And on that parcel it is nothing but slope error for me.

My question is , are farm parcels supposed to be able to handle cottages, keeps, gates and walls.  If not, then it seams pretty silly to include the farm parcel in the founder packages that come with cottages and keeps.  if it is something they glossed over and didn't think about in 5.6 then fair enough , it should eventually get fixed.

-Bolt

56 minutes ago, Boltazar said:

My question is , are farm parcels supposed to be able to handle cottages, keeps, gates and walls.  

Wether they are supposed to or not, only the gods now. Devs, i meant devs. Whatever, all the same. ;) All I know is they currently dont. There are also two kind of parcels referred to as farm parcel though - with only one of them being a stronghold parcel (meaning: meant to provide building token). In your rewards overview this one will be called "parcel-farm-rank1" (not farmland parcel, that's the other one). The farm parcel provides 1xs and 1 s building slots and can also be used as crafting ingredient to build bigger parcels via stonemasonry geomancy.

Edited by Kraahk