Sign in to follow this  
srathor

Cutting Grit and the lack of it

Did some farming for it tonight. Pretty skilled at mining. Have the 5% that is the only way you can get the % up. It only drops from slag.  I had on Villien and Connoisseur. 

About an hour of non stop farming. 
unknown.png

784 slag. 7 cutting grit.  657 dust and 2 Chaos dust. 

The change to the hit points is nice. but the reduction of the % drop base really stripped the amount of grit we can get. Not to mention with the changes to the use of slag it is not nearly as useful as it used to be. 

Posted (edited)

I would have to say my efforts to gather seem just as 'stunted' can we confirm its 5% under the new simplified gathering cycle for slag?

I did an hour of rank 10's and got 5 Legendary ore ... seems like a required material that has no quality impact should  be a bit more common 

Edited by Anhrez

Posted (edited)

Overall the rare drops from basic mats seem quite a bit more rare over the same time scale than they used to be, yeah.

Edited by PopeUrban

Isn't the drop rate applied to the other resources as well, albeit at 1/4% as the basic material?

I am getting grit from even basic slag ore nods I have no idea why your having problems getting it.

I ground out two stacks of 20 in about four hours total.  It's tedious - period.  It did however, give me something to do as a new player that is of value to my new guild without having to be carried.

With that in mind, I don't think its necessarily a bad thing that that this can be ground safely in an EK from slag without the need for much skill tree investment precisely because it has such a low drop rate.  I think there will be plenty of leaf-eaters, new players, and risk-averse gold farmers that will be happy to farm this in sufficient quantities to keep it cheap and widely available on the market. 

Taking that a step further, there should probably be something that comes from basic trees and stone that has a similar low drop rate and is required for a crafting profession.

It would present folks with a choice - take a risk or spend your time grinding away on something that will be flooded on the market at some point in every campaign (and thus force you out into the campaign world eventually anyway).

Bring me 20 Cutting grit and I will have my 14 Pip Runemaker make you 5 white quality tools of your choice. They can range from +6.25 up to 50+.  Rolls sadly are random. I will do this till my fingers fall off or @Anhrez tells me he has enough.