Sign in to follow this  
ACE_Jackal

Pre-Alpha 5 Live! - Official Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

Additions:

Wolf and Elk are in game! 

Season Clock being added to UI 

New map for 5.7 with 4 different 'zones' - new name Bereavement

The new map will feature Hunger Functionality - Hunger Crystals affecting Resource Spawns.

No wipe planned for next patch

Stoneborn & Death By Snu Snu (Female Half Giant)

Summer variant of Helcats

You can now F other players (To group or trade)

Vendors that sell basic things for gold added to Beach heads

Fixes;

Myrm no longer gets berserk healing while invulnerable

All third click attack procs fixed

Punch Drunk removed

Maybes:

Changing skill caps for races, such as giving elves higher dex caps etc.

No Canadians were harmed with this message.

Edited by Crocuta

It was a good stream compared to some of the more recent ones. Blair and Mark were definitely excited for whats coming up and it showed during the broadcast. 

Posted (edited)

Best stream in a long time, due to the info provided.  

Can't wait for 5.7

Edit to add: I am concerned about the bereavement map having 4 zones - 3 beachhead zones and the main zone.  Beachheads are probably a good idea for faction play, but entire safe zones sound like a bad idea.  I'm hoping you're going with safe beachheads in lowbie zones, plus a main zone that has the forts and keeps and higher level resources.

Edited by Durenthal

5.7 combo relability improvments
stoneborn
half giant female

hunger crystals in

new monsters:
wolf 
elk
summer helcats

New CW map x4 zones [safezones in different zones] - "bereavement"

dont think we need any skill/item wipes for 5.7

fixing group size back to 5

can now F to interact another friendly player e.g. trade, invite to group, whisper

vessels can move between runegates [probably not "world to world" tho. still need to make a new vessel for EK. 

myrm. no longer get berserk healing while invulnarable. 

can no longer effect berserk cooldown via skills/powers.

all 3rd click attack procs should work again. [both class and discs]

punch drunk: REMOVED. dont have the tech to do what we want with that...to bring back later.

gear for gold vendors added to beachead for live client [bangages and some basic or intermediate gear etc]

might change races to have higher attribute caps rather than base increases e.g. elves can have a higher dex stat cap etc

could do similar things on the class level - e.g. knights could get higher mitigation caps etc

1 hour ago, Crocuta said:

...No Canadians were harmed with this message.

Hey, we all lost a friend today in Punch Drunk, the Canadians are hurt too :(  Thanks for the summary btw :D 

@thomasblair or whoever it may concern, are the reworked Class trees in 5.7 or are they coming earlier?

Really not happy about the vendors .... just not sure how unhappy I am yet. We've had vendors on TEST to help test certain things quickly  but on live are we really missing the numbers to test the effort to equip ourselves and others? 

We allowed non-crafters to make intermediates "as a way for the player-base to be introduced to crafting" now we just give them a vendor to buy it from. I just hope these are "Quality of Life" changes to help testing and not part of the real campaign worlds at launch as 'no vendor' / 'player made' were tenants from the Kickstarter days 

In EVE Online you can start out your career and build up resources in relative safety in Empire Space, and gradually buy better ships and weapons from other players.

In Crowfall, there isn't really a safer space to do that because there is nothing in your EK that generates gold to trade with.

You try to farm hellcats our whatever and you are just gank bait. Not sure how the economy will work around this feature. Maybe if there were better social tools to help randoms group up and collaborate.

8 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Maybe if there were better social tools to help randoms group up and collaborate.

We call those guilds.

5 minutes ago, mandalore said:

We call those guilds.

Tell me more about those social tools that Guilds have in game.

ooooo in game?  Yea they are a neglected minority that is in need of the web team completing guilds so that people can more easily use the games inherent codependency systems. 

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

ooooo in game?  Yea they are a neglected minority that is in need of the web team completing guilds so that people can more easily use the games inherent codependency systems. 

Either way, when you log in to the campaign there is mostly just un-guilded people or stragglers from guilds that don't actually play in any significant numbers.

Maybe if there were better tools for unguilded folks or randoms to team up they might decide they made some new friends and start a new guild that is actually viable.

I know, crazy concept - sure - but assuming people will naturally gravitate to existing guilds and therefore deny prioritizing tools for singletons is just naive thinking.

Posted (edited)

@thomasblair @mhalashace I know it has been asked numerous times but could you please explain, in detail, with numbers and figures how stealth vs. perception works. I know it's a matter of two circles colliding but I'm wondering what the math is behind it. Based on community testing there needs to be some adjustments as perception is quite powerful and the stealth stat is very weak. 

@Destrin charted out reveal range vs. a 0 stealth character in the sheet below. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSd7OgyqwK68nu2EyFw06KY63kmh8cMVxEP2iGaiU3l-nejAdfQBC-5NO81vZ6D5RAVGLEdGl1SeDyb/pubhtml

I did some testing in my EK, multi boxing on two computers side by side. I modified the stealth and perception stats by equipping disciplines that granted stealth (agent provocateur and black mask, 6.25 each) and perception (illusionist and mole hunter, 20 each). The numbers below were approximate within 1m or so as I used a combination of the crosshair distance and map coordinates to measure. 

Assassin 10% stealth, Ranger 45 perception = 35m visible range
Assassin 16.25% stealth, Ranger 45 perception = 33m visible range
Assassin 22.50% stealth, Ranger 45 perception = 32m visible range
Assassin 22.50% stealth, Ranger 65 perception = 37m visible range
Assassin 22.50% stealth, Ranger 85 perception = 41m visible range
Assassin 16.25% stealth, Ranger 85 perception = 43m visible range
Assassin 10% stealth, Ranger 85 perception = 44m visible range

The way the stealth stat reads in the character sheet is a % value and states "shrink the radius other players can sense you while stealthed". It would appear either one of these disciplines does in fact decrease the visible range roughly 6.25% which only equates to a few meters. 

I think the visible distance that stealthers can be seen is way too high and the stealth stat needs to be adjusted to not work in a percentage fashion but should be a flat decrease in meters instead. 

Also worth noting there were a plethora of bugs while trying to test this. There were times where my assassin couldn't be seen at point blank without relogging as well as times where he could be seen at max view distance. 

Thanks!

Edited by blazzen

Posted (edited)

I hope they use zones that aren't linked by runegates to make larger continents.

Edited by frozenshadow

46 minutes ago, blazzen said:

These values gathered in an EK and checked multiples times against a character with 0 stealth assassin.

Out in the world i seem to have a much more difficult time spotting duelists as they seem to be buried. The assassin sticks out like a sore thumb.  I do think that perception needs to be toned down a little bit.  I am completely biased here as I legitimately hate stealth classes in all games, but i think if a person is fully kitted in perception vs a person fully kitted in stealth stat 20m-30m view distance sounds about right to me.