Sign in to follow this  
ACE_Jackal

Pre-Alpha 5 Live! - Official Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

sidetopic/suggestion:

i'd love an "anti far sight" stat that decreases the distance at which enemies can see your nameplate/health above your head.

bonus points if this is applied to *everyone* at night. and then some stats or discs that let you focus on it generally...

OR

a debuff you apply to an enemy that decreases/minuses their far sight stat - temporarily reducing the range of all nameplate distances they see

e.g. a "near sight" debuff

Edited by Tinnis

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, blazzen said:

words

Yea, the stealth stat is to low, and perception is in abundance if you play an Elken, Ranger, or equip for it. 

Anti-stealth should definitely be a playstyle, but currently it is to easy to get high levels of perception, and Elken/Rangers abilities give to much perception without much of a cost. 

Edited by Zatch

3 hours ago, Destrin said:

These values gathered in an EK and checked multiples times against a character with 0 stealth assassin.

Out in the world i seem to have a much more difficult time spotting duelists as they seem to be buried. The assassin sticks out like a sore thumb.  I do think that perception needs to be toned down a little bit.  I am completely biased here as I legitimately hate stealth classes in all games, but i think if a person is fully kitted in perception vs a person fully kitted in stealth stat 20m-30m view distance sounds about right to me.

All things being equal perception vs. stealth I think 20m reveal distance is about right. That would mean an assassin couldn't poison dart someone to death without being in reveal range but also can't get popped way outside of their melee range by a ranged character. 

So start at base 20m and modify that up and down based on perception vs. stealth stat. 

There also needs to be an equivalent amount of stealth vs. perception in the game. Right now it's heavily skewed towards perception. 

The Dex +Armor question confused blair, he didn't answer because what was meant was in the current build increased dex is supposed to add mitigation, it is not working properly afaik.