Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Solstar

Rationale for party size, per June's live video

@thomasblairBear in mind that I don't have an opinion on what the best group size should be.  The example you and Mark gave of not needing as many healers if the group size was increased raised a concern for me.

Do you have numbers for how many players you think are going to play Healers?  I understand my experience is purely anecdotal, but there is also a common experience by all gamers that DPS > Tank > Support/Healer.  Is there any way to actually know that 5 best accounts for the class densities?

All his current group size does is say that for serious fights you need two healers in a group.  Healers can’t heal themselves well and retreat so you need a second healer to cover.  This forces 2/5 of the group to be healers.  If you think 40% of your pop is going to play heal spec Druid’s and clerics then you’re in for a rough surprise. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

At the end of the day I'm really not concerned about what the group size is, or isn't.

But I find Artcrafts acceptance of the universal five man group incongruent to the approach they have taken with the rest of the game, seems like they have challenged the glass ceiling of MMO's with everything else but group size.

If I had my way there would be 7 man group size simply because there are twelve races X eleven classes X 100 disciplines. Even with a 10 man group there would still be hard choices to make in choosing who and what to put in a group.

I guess my end analysis here is if 6 man groups work, why fix the mistake, just take credit for being innovative and move on to something else.