Sign in to follow this  
DoomYa

Corpse looting

Some may think, this is the ultimate hardcore oldskool way of true PvP, but it has some downsides:
- When I leave my secure home, I choose if I want to find some PvP (didn't work so far) or if I want to farm. That means I leave home with either an empty inventory or with two tools and return to base to exchange my loot vs two new tools. This is nasty, especially if my faction doesn't own a keep near a T4+ ressource. Travel takes so much time that it's better to stay at home and type some suggestions. ^^ 
- Farming and crafting is boring enough when you have to do it once. I'm not sure how many times I will regrind and recraft the stuff that has been taken unfairly from me.
- It's plain and simple unsatisfying to get wrecked by groups of high level players and/or assassins. It's just not fun. Look at the beaches and ask the AFKers why they don't leave their safe zone. Aks them before they don't login anymore.

Farming and PvP go together in this game. You don't get to pick one or the other. People fight over the farming spots.

The fact that you have to carry lootable items in your inventory is by design. A lot of people like pvp with looting, and this game is aimed at that audience.

Not to mention, adding on to what Yah said, its only pre-alpha and the maps will be be continually getting larger. Plus lots of times you will have to take gates to get to other parts of the campaign, meaning you won't see nearly as many enemies farming unless you go the center or high-activity parts of the map.

If you are worried about loosing stuff just put it in your spirit bank? surely?? The lootable corpses thing is good because it brings an element of risk to gathering resources out in the wilds.

3 hours ago, Nadez6 said:

If you are worried about loosing stuff just put it in your spirit bank? surely?? The lootable corpses thing is good because it brings an element of risk to gathering resources out in the wilds.

Spirit Bank at launch is going to be a little more valuable than causally putting in items that can be looted off your body. It will have limitations placed on the import and export. So Spirit Banking stuff is going to not be viable. There will be storage chests in forts, castles, etc. that you'll be able to put items in but the risk it that location gets captured by another guild or faction and you lose all those items.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, entityofsin said:

There will be storage chests in forts, castles, etc. that you'll be able to put items in but the risk it that location gets captured by another guild or faction and you lose all those items

In this campaign the stuff isn't lost. You can access (withdraw, not put) it from the 2nd bank chest in the starting area.

And yes, don't use the Spirit Bank to store loot you want to use in the same campaign. The extract limit of 75 is just enough to take out everything you need to gear up at the beginning of a new campaign.

Edited by DoomYa